ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just sleeved 6-17-19!!

A banana is a banana, be it tall or small, it depends how you use it, after all! There you go, a little spontaneous poetry for 24th of June. I must go over to June 2019 Challenge and see what the actual motivation is for today. Many,have been just what I needed on Each Day!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

A banana is a banana, be it tall or small, it depends how you use it, after all! There you go, a little spontaneous poetry for 24th of June. I must go over to June 2019 Challenge and see what the actual motivation is for today. Many,have been just what I needed on Each Day!
Lol, thanks Frustr8 for making me laugh . When did you get your surgery? How is your recovery going? Where do you live and where did you get your surgery?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

September 5th 2018 at exactly 7 AM. EDT. the Ohio State University- WEXNER MEDICAL Center 410 W 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio. I live in Mount Vernon, a smallish city of 20,000 48 miles NE of Columbus, which was the absolute closest facilities offering RNY. No Big Thing in the long run, I ended up with the Big Kahuna , Bradley J NeedlemanMD, the chief of Bariatric Medicine and Metabolic Weight Loss, a full professor in the College of Medicine, and actually a pretty wonderful guy to know as well as a Perfect Surgeon. When I was having my pre- surg physical which my son Tomkitten accomplied me to, he went over, shook TK's hand and said "I promise, I WILL TAKE VERY GOOD CARE of your mother!" Didn't have to do that,but he read my situation correctly, knew it would give TK and I peace of mind to make such a promise.
How am I recovering? Ah, a very loaded question! Now keep in mind what happened to me is a pretty rare occurance, in all of Bariatric- Pal-dom there are maybe 4 others currently. To back up a little I went into my surgery with an ulcer, I named him, as I do many of my possessions, Hector, a small and not ready to perforate gastric ulcer,i was on a stronger PPI (protein pump inhibitor) called Dexilent, lucky for me insurance covered because without it would be over $300 monthly for a once a day med. I made it very clear to Dr Needleman that I was a proven Ulcer Grower. Well after my surgery they prescribed Omeprazole , the very one I was taking when Hector was discovered by my gastroenterologist at that time Dr Mujataba, pronounced Moo Shah BA. I hollered" What are You doing to ME ?" Was figuratively told to just shut my mouth, they had done many cases, THIS would work best. Wrong Wrong Wrong! At 2 weeks I restarted complaining, told them SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG! And I got all kinds of replies, I was impatient, delusional, still merely swollen inside. But I kept up complaining , finally I suspect to shut me up, they scheduled an Endoscopy on October 12th, when I woke up Dr Noria,my surgeon's Junior partner shook my hand . She said Congratulations , you were right, we were wrong , you have 3 ulcers within your pouch, the opening is strictured down, you have 5 additional on the back wall of your jejunem, the portion of small intestine your pouch is now fastened to and they look ANGRY. Now sleeves seldom ever stricture and even the average RNY diesbt as a rule. And we have been trying to heal them since, I take Carafate 6am- noon- 6pm- midnight for what seems like forever. Frequent endoscopy to check the status, took turn for worse the end of November, malnourished and anemic of Protein. Had a PICC line inserted in my upper left arm the next day, was on TPN ,that's total parental nutrition , for 3 months 12 hours a day. Was finally taken off of it the end of February, although I had been steadily losing a pound o4 2 monthly, I dropped 30 pounds in a month, in March I required an Iron INFUSION, would have thought I was due another in June but nobody interested enough to have ordered complete blood labs yet. I started at 365+ and BMI of 52, at nearly 10 months I have lost down to BMI31.1 and just under 200 pounds. So I are doing well if not perfect, and even if I Had known the bumps, bruises, twists and turns to my journey, I WOULD DO IT AGAIN in aโคbeat, the positives still outweigh the detriments. Why did I not elect the VSG, I needed the certainty of quicker weight loss, I have had arthritis since 25, horrid GERD, sleep apnea, and had a First Cousin , my June-Ellen die on the operating table at the Cleveland Clinic of previously undiagnosed Esophageal Carncer, was there a hereditary component? Not perfectly certain but why take that risk when the Gold Standard of Bariatric Surgery was available? Medicare/ Medicaid picked up the tab for one surgery, would they pay later for a revision? Doubtful!!!โค So I would say my surgery had a 85-90% percent success, still a high B+grade if not a Full A, and the story isn't over, I may still make it ALL THE WAY! I am optimistic, I came too far to stop progressing, this tired old jalopy at 73, still quite a few miles left in me, even if I'm not a Ferrari, DON'T COUNT ME OUT! I will make it to VICTORY yet! โคand a Great Big Hug -----FRUSTR8

Ok so quick question. Yesterday I was put on purรฉe and permitted to eat some other things including the 1/3 cup runny scrambled egg I ate for Breakfast from 645-7am. It was early that I ate and waited my 30 mins to take a drink of Water. No issues. It is now 1030 and about an hour ago I am noticing difficulty well some minor pain swallowing my Protein Drink that is mixed with water (I mix it to get ahead on my water intake) .. it isnโ€™t stomach pain , it is pain that I associated with when I had the band and I drank too fast. But Iโ€™m not drinking fast or large gulps? The pain is in my chest would be between my breasts, and itโ€™s just like I can feel it moving down but... I dunno ? Anyone similar issue ??? I canโ€™t associate it with the egg that went down with no problem because I had the egg over 2 hours prior...

September 5th 2018 at exactly 7 AM. EDT. the Ohio State University- WEXNER MEDICAL Center 410 W 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio. I live in Mount Vernon, a smallish city of 20,000 48 miles NE of Columbus, which was the absolute closest facilities offering RNY. No Big Thing in the long run, I ended up with the Big Kahuna , Bradley J NeedlemanMD, the chief of Bariatric Medicine and Metabolic Weight Loss, a full professor in the College of Medicine, and actually a pretty wonderful guy to know as well as a Perfect Surgeon. When I was having my pre- surg physical which my son Tomkitten accomplied me to, he went over, shook TK's hand and said "I promise, I WILL TAKE VERY GOOD CARE of your mother!" Didn't have to do that,but he read my situation correctly, knew it would give TK and I peace of mind to make such a promise.
How am I recovering? Ah, a very loaded question! Now keep in mind what happened to me is a pretty rare occurance, in all of Bariatric- Pal-dom there are maybe 4 others currently. To back up a little I went into my surgery with an ulcer, I named him, as I do many of my possessions, Hector, a small and not ready to perforate gastric ulcer,i was on a stronger PPI (protein pump inhibitor) called Dexilent, lucky for me insurance covered because without it would be over $300 monthly for a once a day med. I made it very clear to Dr Needleman that I was a proven Ulcer Grower. Well after my surgery they prescribed Omeprazole , the very one I was taking when Hector was discovered by my gastroenterologist at that time Dr Mujataba, pronounced Moo Shah BA. I hollered" What are You doing to ME ?" Was figuratively told to just shut my mouth, they had done many cases, THIS would work best. Wrong Wrong Wrong! At 2 weeks I restarted complaining, told them SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG! And I got all kinds of replies, I was impatient, delusional, still merely swollen inside. But I kept up complaining , finally I suspect to shut me up, they scheduled an Endoscopy on October 12th, when I woke up Dr Noria,my surgeon's Junior partner shook my hand . She said Congratulations , you were right, we were wrong , you have 3 ulcers within your pouch, the opening is strictured down, you have 5 additional on the back wall of your jejunem, the portion of small intestine your pouch is now fastened to and they look ANGRY. Now sleeves seldom ever stricture and even the average RNY diesbt as a rule. And we have been trying to heal them since, I take Carafate 6am- noon- 6pm- midnight for what seems like forever. Frequent endoscopy to check the status, took turn for worse the end of November, malnourished and anemic of Protein. Had a PICC line inserted in my upper left arm the next day, was on TPN ,that's total parental nutrition , for 3 months 12 hours a day. Was finally taken off of it the end of February, although I had been steadily losing a pound o4 2 monthly, I dropped 30 pounds in a month, in March I required an Iron INFUSION, would have thought I was due another in June but nobody interested enough to have ordered complete blood labs yet. I started at 365+ and BMI of 52, at nearly 10 months I have lost down to BMI31.1 and just under 200 pounds. So I are doing well if not perfect, and even if I Had known the bumps, bruises, twists and turns to my journey, I WOULD DO IT AGAIN in abeat, the positives still outweigh the detriments. Why did I not elect the VSG, I needed the certainty of quicker weight loss, I have had arthritis since 25, horrid GERD, sleep apnea, and had a First Cousin , my June-Ellen die on the operating table at the Cleveland Clinic of previously undiagnosed Esophageal Carncer, was there a hereditary component? Not perfectly certain but why take that risk when the Gold Standard of Bariatric Surgery was available? Medicare/ Medicaid picked up the tab for one surgery, would they pay later for a revision? Doubtful!!! So I would say my surgery had a 85-90% percent success, still a high B+grade if not a Full A, and the story isn't over, I may still make it ALL THE WAY! I am optimistic, I came too far to stop progressing, this tired old jalopy at 73, still quite a few miles left in me, even if I'm not a Ferrari, DON'T COUNT ME OUT! I will make it to VICTORY yet! and a Great Big Hug -----FRUSTR8
Frustr8 I am so sorry your journey has been so complex and difficult. So you did not have the VGS, but I give you so much credit, you are so brave to do any type of bariatric surgery at the age of 73, you are victorious. Continue to carry the torch and stand strong.

Ok so quick question. Yesterday I was put on purรฉe and permitted to eat some other things including the 1/3 cup runny scrambled egg I ate for Breakfast from 645-7am. It was early that I ate and waited my 30 mins to take a drink of Water. No issues. It is now 1030 and about an hour ago I am noticing difficulty well some minor pain swallowing my Protein Drink that is mixed with water (I mix it to get ahead on my water intake) .. it isnโ€™t stomach pain , it is pain that I associated with when I had the band and I drank too fast. But Iโ€™m not drinking fast or large gulps? The pain is in my chest would be between my breasts, and itโ€™s just like I can feel it moving down but... I dunno ? Anyone similar issue ??? I canโ€™t associate it with the egg that went down with no problem because I had the egg over 2 hours prior...

Hi Brittany, they put you on pureed foods already? Are you allowed to puree meat with rice and eat it ? Or is there a special list? They told me I can not start pureed food until day 18. As far as the pain, please call the Dr. Office and let them know. Hopefully they will know what it is and be able to help you.

2 hours ago, Ninabnina77 said:

Hi Brittany, they put you on pureed foods already? Are you allowed to puree meat with rice and eat it ? Or is there a special list? They told me I can not start pureed food until day 18. As far as the pain, please call the Dr. Office and let them know. H๏ปฟopefully they will know what it is and be able to help you.
๏ปฟ

After I stood up and walked around and took a drink again I was fine. I must have just needed to let my drink settle and go down. Anyway, the place I got my sleeve done at does a 1 week Clear Liquids, 3 weeks puree. I'm allowed to puree meat. Right now I am eating a pureed meatball/spaghetti sauce (no noodles) leftover from dinner Sunday. No rice. They provided a list and generic recipes. When I had my one week visit yesterday (via phone conference, I don't actually go back to the office at all) I was actually told by the dietitian who also had it done that her go to for puree was Wendys chili pureed.

After I stood up and walked around and took a drink again I was fine. I must have just needed to let my drink settle and go down. Anyway, the place I got my sleeve done at does a 1 week Clear Liquids, 3 weeks puree. I'm allowed to puree meat. Right now I am eating a pureed meatball/spaghetti sauce (no noodles) leftover from dinner Sunday. No rice. They provided a list and generic recipes. When I had my one week visit yesterday (via phone conference, I don't actually go back to the office at all) I was actually told by the dietitian who also had it done that her go to for puree was Wendys chili pureed.
Happy to hear your feeling better. Are you allowed to eat pureed brown rice or yams or potatoes too? Basically any carbs?

I had mine done by Dr. Ariel Ortiz on June 10th! Maybe we saw each other at the Marriott!
Hi SLSH, sorry for the delay in reply. I somehow missed your post and just saw it. So we both had Dr. Ortiz do our VSG, that's fantastic. How is your recovery coming along? Yes, I wonder if we did pass by each other in Marriot.

35 minutes ago, Ninabnina77 said:

Hi SLSH, sorry for the delay in reply. I somehow missed your post and just saw it. So we both had Dr. Ortiz do our VSG, that's fantastic. How is your recovery coming along? Yes, I wonder if we did pass by each other in Marriot.

I'm doing pretty good. I start pureed foods in a couple of days (although I've had a few pureed things already). I'm starting to gag on Protein Shakes. I LOVED them in the beginning so I'm surprised I'm starting to hate them.

Sometimes I feel my restriction and sometimes I'm sure I don't have any restriction. I am down 9 lbs since surgery (20 lbs total) so I can't complain. I'm just scared this won't work. I can't imagine being thin. On OCC's Facebook page I see everyone's success stories and I get excited, but then there's the handful of people who say it didn't work for them. I'm so afraid that will be me!!

Haha. Long rant.

How are you doing?

Iโ€™m a few weeks behind you but Iโ€™m here if you need me!

I'm doing pretty good. I start pureed foods in a couple of days (although I've had a few pureed things already). I'm starting to gag on Protein Shakes. I LOVED them in the beginning so I'm surprised I'm starting to hate them.
Sometimes I feel my restriction and sometimes I'm sure I don't have any restriction. I am down 9 lbs since surgery (20 lbs total) so I can't complain. I'm just scared this won't work. I can't imagine being thin. On OCC's Facebook page I see everyone's success stories and I get excited, but then there's the handful of people who say it didn't work for them. I'm so afraid that will be me!!
Haha. Long rant.
How are you doing?
Omg, I feel just like you. Can't stand Protein shakes anymore. I just want to gag when I see it. I also have sneaked in a few pureed foods. I also am so nervous about this holding up for me. During my Skype consult with Dr. Ortiz, he told me that he does the super sleave. I don't do social media sites so I am not on OCC Facebook page. So there are people on there that talk about their sleeve failing for them? Hearing this makes me even more nervous about this working for me too.

Haha. Long rant.
How are you doing?
Omg, I feel just like you. Can't stand Protein shakes anymore. I just want to gag when I see it. I also have sneaked in a few pureed foods. I also am so nervous about this holding up for me. During my Skype consult with Dr. Ortiz, he told me that he does the super sleave. I don't do social media sites so I am not on OCC Facebook page. So there are people on there that talk about their sleeve failing for them? Hearing this makes me even more nervous about this working for me too.

1 minute ago, Ninabnina77 said:

Well most of them it's not that it totally failed... It's after a few years they gained weight.

Everyone says that this is a tool and you still have to do the work. I'm just afraid that it won't work for me. Even the people who say that it didn't work great for them admit that they are eating food they shouldn't. But seeing the success stories is amazing.

OCC does a sleeve rescue. If after a few years you feel like your pouch is bigger, you can have it plicated to be smaller again.

Several have done this. I just have to tell myself that it's not all over. I will lose weight and if I feel like I can eat more I can get it plicated. (Of course that's more money $$$)

Well most of them it's not that it totally failed... It's after a few years they gained weight.
Everyone says that this is a tool and you still have to do the work. I'm just afraid that it won't work for me. Even the people who say that it didn't work great for them admit that they are eating food they shouldn't. But seeing the success stories is amazing.
OCC does a sleeve rescue. If after a few years you feel like your pouch is bigger, you can have it plicated to be smaller again.
Several have done this. I just have to tell myself that it's not all over. I will lose weight and if I feel like I can eat more I can get it plicated. (Of course that's more money $$$)
Oh my, I feel your pain. I never knew that OCC does sleeve rescue. Gastric plication is it's own option, while in was there there was a young girl in her late teens that had come in to do the gastric plication surgery as opposed to the VSG. Do you know how much they charge for the plication surgery? Well when Dr. Ariel Ortiz told me that he does the super sleeve surgery (he invented himself) basically after he resects the stomach, he uses staples to close the incision area than he uses a row of nylon sutures to reinforce the same area. This helps reinforce the area to keep it intact longer. I am hoping this method also helps prevent long term stomach stretching out and ruining the sleeves results. Can you tell me what is the percentage of success stories as opposed to failures that you have seen on ooc Facebook page?