Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tips for pre-op liquid diet

I used the Premier Protein ready made stuff. If you have a costco, they sell the vanilla & chocolate by the case.
IF you're a coffee drinker & IF you're allowed to have it - I've done a lot of Starbucks "hacks" to get me through. Two shots of espresso in a venti iced cup with ice. Then pour a premier Protein Shake on top & mix it up. Delicious. I've also added a tablespoon of Torani sugar free Syrup to play with flavors & sweetness. Starbucks does have a couple sugar free syrup options as well.

There's a powdered Peanut Butter that is not terrible. If you get a little bullet type blender & add a scoop & your Protein shake & blend, that's a decent option.

The powdered Proteins are reallll trial & error. Both by brands & then just experimenting with them & how they'll dissolve for you. Look on YouTube too for videos about this! I found I was attempting to mix the powdered protein into my coffee all wrong. It would just curdle & was disgusting. If you put it in a shaker cup & add 2oz of milk and then shake it first, then add the coffee & shake again - much better.

There are also some Premier Protein clear drinks you can try & I really like Protein20 waters. One important thing - what tastes good to you during pre-op might not taste so good after. So try to buy just enough to test out & have on hand for after. I didn't mind the clear Premier Protein before surgery. Now it's just kinda ick. I can dilute it way down but, heh. I'd rather just drink Water & get that protein & calories elsewhere.

The best one is the one that you will use - it's no good buying the "ideal" product that you can't tolerate and will only sit on your shelf unused. That said, whey isolate is the preferred as it is the most absorbable, with the whey "blends" and "concentrates" being a notch or two lower, but will still work. Experiment now, try sample packs from different vendors, aim for isolates if you can but go with what you prefer, don't stock up too much as your tastes may change post-op (and they may not...) so if you have a few different ones on hand that are OK with you, you should be fine for a while.

I grab the premier pre made pretty regularly my rd said to use Bariatric Advantage pre op - it was best for liver shrinking - I mostly did that throwing a few others in. fusion powders taste better to me than bariatric advantage but I need to finish these tubs up

I just found out that I will have to do 3 weeks liquid diet before my surgery. Any tips on how to be successful on this? The surgeon wants me to shrink my liver.

I followed my brothers advice who has had surgeries to remove cancer (its what his treatment group suggested) and bought 2 boxes of 15 packages of Nestles Impact. The idea is to drink 3 drinks for 5 days pre-surgery (minus clear liquid day) and 5 days after surgery.

Each drink had 21 grams of Protein in them so it helped a bunch with getting protein in those 1st days at home. Didn't taste to bad, and I believe its what helped me heal the fastest after surgery.

Tricks for clear liquid days that helped me, same thing as a colonoscopy, Jello (although you can have the red jello with this clear diet), chicken/beef broth, tea, popsicles.

thank you for answer

need all to go out inclusive carpet some rust under
i try to find some professional who dont ask to much - if not i have to do it myself
o boy that will be a mess

I have to do 15 days so I am going to be cranky. :) I have whey Protein on my list too. good luck!!