Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Suggestions for chewable Vitamins?

Just wondering the best quality for the price Vitamins out there ? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

I haven't compared prices, but I'm happy with my GNC soft-chew Vitamins.

Check out BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE "1 per Day!" Bariatric Multivitamin chewable with 45mg Iron from the BariatricPal Store. We have many other options as well.

bariatricpal-multivitamin-one-1-per-day-

Unjury opurity chewables. I have one bottle left and then I am switching to the BariatricPal capsule because I am ready to be done with all chewable things. lol. A 90 day supply is 29$.

Edited by mousecat88

All the Vitamins and supplements I take are dissolve (barimelts) or chewable ( flintstone complete). I am 14 months PO and have had good results from blood work so I am afraid to switch but...these are all so sweet to me that I have to really force myself to take them and the BariMelts are pretty expensive.

Can I ever take regular vitamins with same results ?

suggestions?

All the Vitamins and supplements I take are dissolve (barimelts) or chewable ( flintstone complete). I am 14 months PO and have had good results from blood work so I am afraid to switch but...these are all so sweet to me that I have to really force myself to take them and the BariMelts are pretty expensive.
Can I ever take regular Vitamins with same results ?
suggestions?
Just take the Flintstones complete. They are less expensive and,give you the same results.

Sent from my VS996 using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, shublu said:

Just take the Flintstones complete. They are less expensive and,give you the same results.

I'd like to respectfully disagree. I wrote an article on this exact topic a little while ago...

Flintstones Multivitamins: Tasty and Inadequate for Bariatric Surgery Patients

Complete” But Lacking Essential Nutrients

What does a “complete” Multivitamin contain? It could provide anything from all the essential nutrients to just a few. There is no legal definition for “complete.” In the case of Flintstones “Complete” multivitamin chewables, “complete” apparently means that it has all 13 Vitamins, but only 6 of the more than 15 essential minerals that you need.

Quantity Is Critical

For bariatric surgery patients, it is not only important to get each of the necessary vitamins and minerals, but also to have the right amounts. You need high amounts of some of the vitamins and minerals, and Flintstones chewables simply do not deliver. For example, the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) suggests at least 12 mg thiamin (vitamin B1) per day, while a chewable has 1.5 mg.

You will also be short on:

And more.

Doubling Up” Does Not Work

If one tablet is not enough, can’t you just take two? Well, not really. First, getting twice as much as certain nutrients may still leave you short. For example, 2 Flintstones chewables provide 1,200 IU of vitamin D, while recommendations for post-op gastric bypass patients are to get 3,000 IU per day. And no matter how many chewables you take, you will never get enough of essential minerals such as selenium and chromium, since the chewables have none.

Multivitamin: What Is in a Name?

We usually refer to them as “multivitamins,” but most often, we really mean, “multivitamin and mineral supplements.” Sometimes, a “multivitamin” that you buy off the shelf really is literally a bunch of vitamins with few or no minerals. Do not get confused by the name when purchasing your supplement. Read the supplement facts label to see which nutrients are in the supplement, and how much there is.

Safe Choices, Your Way

To be sure that you are getting the right supplement for bariatric surgery post-op needs, you are best off choosing a bariatric supplement. It may be a tad more expensive, but it could prevent deficiency diseases such as anemia or peripheral neuropathy.

Choosing a bariatric surgery-targeted multivitamin instead of a kids’ supplement does not mean you have to choke down capsules if you cannot stand them. You can always opt for another form, such as Powder or a Soft Chew.

For help figuring out which vitamin and mineral supplement may be right for you, you can look at the attached ASMBS guidelines or check out our Bariatric Vitamin Guide, which breaks down recommendations for each surgery type. Also, be sure to talk to your doctor about your individual needs before trying a supplement.

ASMBS-Nutritional-Guidelines-2016-Update.pdf

I'd like to respectfully disagree. I wrote an article on this exact topic a little while ago...
Complete” But Lacking Essential Nutrients
What does a “complete” Multivitamin contain? It could provide anything from all the essential nutrients to just a few. There is no legal definition for “complete.” In the case of Flintstones “Complete” multivitamin chewables, “complete” apparently means that it has all 13 Vitamins, but only 6 of the more than 15 essential minerals that you need.
Quantity Is Critical
For bariatric surgery patients, it is not only important to get each of the necessary Vitamins and minerals, but also to have the right amounts. You need high amounts of some of the vitamins and minerals, and Flintstones chewables simply do not deliver. For example, the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) suggests at least 12 mg thiamin (vitamin B1) per day, while a chewable has 1.5 mg.
You will also be short on:
And more.
Doubling Up” Does Not Work
If one tablet is not enough, can’t you just take two? Well, not really. First, getting twice as much as certain nutrients may still leave you short. For example, 2 Flintstones chewables provide 1,200 IU of vitamin D, while recommendations for post-op gastric bypass patients are to get 3,000 IU per day. And no matter how many chewables you take, you will never get enough of essential minerals such as selenium and chromium, since the chewables have none.
Multivitamin: What Is in a Name?
We usually refer to them as “multivitamins,” but most often, we really mean, “multivitamin and mineral supplements.” Sometimes, a “multivitamin” that you buy off the shelf really is literally a bunch of vitamins with few or no minerals. Do not get confused by the name when purchasing your supplement. Read the supplement facts label to see which nutrients are in the supplement, and how much there is.
Safe Choices, Your Way
To be sure that you are getting the right supplement for bariatric surgery post-op needs, you are best off choosing a bariatric supplement. It may be a tad more expensive, but it could prevent deficiency diseases such as anemia or peripheral neuropathy.
Choosing a bariatric surgery-targeted multivitamin instead of a kids’ supplement does not mean you have to choke down capsules if you cannot stand them. You can always opt for another form, such as Powder or a Soft Chew.
For help figuring out which vitamin and mineral supplement may be right for you, you can look at the attached ASMBS guidelines or check out our Bariatric Vitamin Guide, which breaks down recommendations for each surgery type. Also, be sure to talk to your doctor about your individual needs before trying a supplement.

ASMBS-Nutritional-Guidelines-2016-Update.pdf
I am following my Nutritionists recommendations. She was head of bariatric nutrician at MT. Sinai in NYC. She prefers that i get nutrients from a healthy diet. I do take b complex and Calcium in addition.

I used the ones from Bariatric Pal Store until I ran out, then reverted to my caplet Prenatal Vitamins.< br /> I have a humor-type one for you.
Just once I would like to read a medication that says
WARNING:
May cause permanent weight loss
Remove Wrinkles
Tighten up loose body areas
Increase Energy Levels.
And What a Wonderful World that would be!