Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depression severe anxiety

I had rny 3/23/19 and on 3/25/19 ended up having emergency surgery for am intestinal blockage and internal bleeding. I spent 1 week in CCU with plasma infusions, and blood infusions. I'm 3 months out now and I'm ALWAYS afraid! I suffer severe anxiety that there is something wrong with me. I'm crying alot. I have issues sometimes with eating food and I think it's a complication I am afraid of what I've done to myself I'm always like "What if?" I went to a therapist and my Dr. and I was given Wellbutrin but I'm afraid to take that because I don't know what it will do to my pouch. I have no one in my life that has had this surgery that can tell me everything will be okay. And on this forum all I see is horrible things that can happen to me but Im desperately searching for people who can help me feel better about this surgery and have POSITIVE experiences. I've heard that hormones can make you feel like this is that true? SOMEBODY please I know you don't know me but I need help.

Wellbutrin, I take that , have for a while every since I was thrown into depression when Surgeon#1 up and refused to perform my surgery. I did not want to live, no not active enough to kill myself, I was willing to sit apathetic and decline, if I ate is was fast food, not going to intervene enough to actually cook.I take 100 mg of the SR formulation 3 times a day, and it has No Bad Effect on my RNY pouch. I am out of the deep blue almost black pit of depression, having my surgery went a long way towards my cute. Approached my PCP about cutting down or eliminating it since I am 9 months out, hasn't happened yet. Maybe never will?
Yes hormones do have an effect, and what really is a Royal Bummer for you and myself, as you go into ketosis and your fat layer starts to melt, all the stirred chemicals including hormones get released and you can become a Storming Norma, a Weeping Wilds or Freddy Kruegers little sister.
Let's see if I remember the sequence another Bari-Pal told me
Puberty... but you aren't covered with zits
Pregnancy ...but you don't get a cute baby with it
Menopause except that finally ends and you're not certain this will but you either have not flashes or freeze to Death.
But life does go on ,it does resolve, usually with time. And tho yet feel stuck permanently in dark clouds and rain, there is still a Sun that will shine for you.
I'll close with something from a Motivation App
Anxiety is worrying and being fearful about almost every thing .
Depression blunts and smothers all the joy in your life.
And if you have both, at the same time, it is a Living Hell!
Yes I have been through it, doing much better,but like an alcoholic, even in recovery, is still internally an alcoholic I will always have the tendency toward depression. All I can do is live well to the best of my ability, and if I get to the point of needing therapy again, to not be Too Proud to ask!
I'm almost always on or near Bariatric Pal, PM me anytime, I will Talk The Talk because I also have Walked the Walk. And although you may not feel it now, you are an incredibly STRONG woman to have come THIS FAR.😝👍🍀

I take an antidepressant and an anxiety medication and it doesn't hurt me, but I had the sleeve, not the bypass.

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Wellbutrin, I take that , have for a while every since I was thrown into depression when Surgeon#1 up and refused to perform my surgery. I did not want to live, no not active enough to kill myself, I was willing to sit apathetic and decline, if I ate is was fast food, not going to intervene enough to actually cook.I take 100 mg of the SR formulation 3 times a day, and it has No Bad Effect on my RNY pouch. I am out of the deep blue almost black pit of depression, having my surgery went a long way towards my cute. Approached my PCP about cutting down or eliminating it since I am 9 months out, hasn't happened yet. Maybe never will?
Yes hormones do have an effect, and what really is a Royal Bummer for you and myself, as you go into ketosis and your fat layer starts to melt, all the stirred chemicals including hormones get released and you can become a Storming Norma, a Weeping Wilds or Freddy Kruegers little sister.
Let's see if I remember the sequence another Bari-Pal told me
Puberty... but you aren't covered with zits
Pregnancy ...but you don't get a cute baby with it
Menopause except that finally ends and you're not certain this will but you either have not flashes or freeze to Death.
But life does go on ,it does resolve, usually with time. And tho yet feel stuck permanently in dark clouds and rain, there is still a Sun that will shine for you.
I'll close with something from a Motivation App
Anxiety is worrying and being fearful about almost every thing .
Depression blunts and smothers all the joy in your life.
And if you have both, at the same time, it is a Living Hell!
Yes I have been through it, doing much better,but like an alcoholic, even in recovery, is still internally an alcoholic I will always have the tendency toward depression. All I can do is live well to the best of my ability, and if I get to the point of needing therapy again, to not be Too Proud to ask!
I'm almost always on or near Bariatric Pal, PM me anytime, I will Talk The Talk because I also have Walked the Walk. And although you may not feel it now, you are an incredibly STRONG woman to have come THIS FAR.😝👍🍀

Thankyou so much