Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope to not offend anyone by my question...but here goes. In preparation for the surgery and all of the pre OP testing, giving up smoking is a requirement in order to be cleared and approved for the surgery. This includes nicotine, vaping, cbd oils, cannabis and etc. As of this weekend I will no longer be partaking until further notice, even though my bariatric team & I aren't realistically looking for me to have this procedure until January. I just feel like, I'm going to commit and give this my all and be prepared...who else has to give up smoking?

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

I can understand having to quit smoking, vaping and cannabis...but I wonder why no cbd oil since you can get it without any thc in it.

4 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I hope to not offend anyone by my question...but here goes. In preparation for the surgery and all of the pre OP testing, giving up smoking is a requirement in order to be cleared and approved for the surgery. This includes nicotine, vaping, cbd oils, cannabis and etc. As of this weekend I will no longer be partaking until further notice, even though my bariatric team & I aren't realistically looking for me to have this procedure until January. I just feel like, I'm going to commit and give this my all and be prepared...who else has to give up smoking?

I had to. It sucked but I managed. I vape a 0 mg juice now because the hand to mouth motion is a tough one to break. You can do this!!

3 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

I can understand having to quit smoking, vaping and cannabis...but I wonder why no cbd oil since you can get it without any thc in it.

Per my medical team, no smoking of any kind and it keeps coming up...so, I have to be done. Damn.

1 hour ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

I had to. It sucked but I managed. I vape a 0 mg juice now because the hand to mouth motion is a tough one to break. You can do this!!

From one butterfly to the next, time to morph into nonsmokers. Thank you for the encouragement/positivity, because I like the sensation of hand to mouth...putting all of my stress into the inhale and releasing on the exhale. Seriously, it soothes me with a cup a tea no sugar, lol. We all have/had our things. No more cbd & tea for me 😔. My health is more important.

Per my medical team, no smoking of any kind and it keeps coming up...so, I have to be done. Damn.
But the oil isn't smoked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, ARMoma45 said:

But the oil isn't smoked.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

We can't have anything in our system. Even though the oil isn't smoked, but perhaps the absorption into the skin and they just don't know enough about it yet.

glad to hear im not the only one. I am having sleeve surgery November the 11th this week is my last week im gonna smoke . I was wondering if 6 weeks is enough time to have not been smoking now;;;anyone know how long before surgery you should not smoke??

1 hour ago, november11 said:

glad to hear im not the only one. I am having sleeve surgery November the 11th this week is my last week im gonna smoke . I was wondering if 6 weeks is enough time to have not been smoking now;;;anyone know how long before surgery you should not smoke??

I stopped smoking in June as I stated and tested clean the first week of September. I miss my tea and cbd, but the other benefits of being smoke free have been great. I can breathe better, my craving for it is still there--just not as strong, I have clarity...etc., etc. and etc.

Thank you ...I am more determined to get this smoking thing out of my life.I hope a month and a half will be enough time.I will NOT PICK IT BACK UP EVER!!!!

I'm glad to know that the struggle is real for not just myself but for others as well. I had my EDG done on 9/17/19 and I was told that I have to quit smoking in order to get my sleeve done. This going to be a serious journey but I know it's worth it because I'm worth it. Quick question, anybody have some suggestions on how to quit smoking?

I hear Chantix works pretty good . I have 3 times asked my Primary doc to send the prescription to my pharmacy and he seems to never do it ...I don't know if he has something against Chantix or if he has bad relations with the provider rep(all these doctors have a relationship and kickback from reps) any way it is too late for me with Chantix because you need time on your side its a slow down then stop program and my surgery is less than two months away . SMH

Yes more than enough I did blood testing and had quit smoking for 2weeks and past

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Total newbie here. I've only been to an info session so far, and I forgot to ask about medical marijuana. It's legal in my state, with an MMJ card, which I have. I don't smoke or vape, I prefer the tincture, and it's a very low THC, higher CBD combo that works on my arthritis pain, not even a high enough dose to make me loopy, but keeps my hands pain free so I can work. I can understand why they want everyone clean, so I've put it aside for now. I see here that smokers tested nicotine clear in 2 weeks...does anyone have experience how long THC takes to clear?