Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh, I wish Facebook didn't know I've lost weight, need new clothes, and love that I can wear all these cute styles now. Everytime I look at Facebook there's all these click her now to buy this cute dress, adorable top, hot swimsuit. The prices are more affordable than what I used to have to pay and fitting into these smaller sizes is enticing as well, but I'm holding out as I know it won't be long before they're too big too. Lord give me the strength to not click here!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh that's too funny! 🙂 I understand, though, because it's fun buying new "cute" clothes in smaller sizes. Those Kohl's flyers keep tempting me too. LOL!

Okay so find a good consignment store and replace pieces when they get too small.
The positive is that when those get too small you can trade them back for store credit.
What I’ve done (yes this is a bit OCD, but it works) is create a list of must-haves for work, casual, date night, working out. Then as you size down, go replace that piece.
For example, this week I need to find a smaller pair of black work pants. I’ve got the old pair laundered and ready to hand over and will get a discount on my new pair because my store gives you an even better deal of you trade for store credit rather than cash.
I plan on doing this for months until I can hit goal weight.

Yes to consignment stores! I've got a couple really good quality consignment shops in my area. A few years ago when I lost weight on my own I bought so much at them. Really reasonable, and I love the discounts you get for trade-in's. It really made it affordable to buy stuff I needed on the way down.

7 hours ago, Colchabay said:

Ugh, I wish Facebook didn't know I've lost weight, need new clothes, and love that I can wear all these cute styles now. Everytime I look at Facebook there's all these click her now to buy this cute dress, adorable top, hot swimsuit. The prices are more affordable than what I used to have to pay and fitting into these smaller sizes is enticing as well, but I'm holding out as I know it won't be long before they're too big too. Lord give me the strength to not click here!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Check your Facebook privacy, sharing and data collection settings...

As a woman who HATES to shop for the obvious reasons (nothing fits, crying in the fitting room, trying to find tops that I think hide my fat belly but in reality do not, etc.), in my four weeks post surgery I find myself longing to shop. I regularly go onto the websites of stores in my local mall to look at all of the cute things I know I will be buying and wearing soon. I picture the day I can walk through the mall, see something cute in the window or on the rack, try it on and IT FITS!!! I'm not there yet physically, but mentally I am ready to be a shopoholic.

I haven't been fat my whole life, or even for a whole decade. Before the surgery, I went through my closet and got rid of all of my current-size clothes that were out of season, and held onto a few in-season things to get me through these first few months of summer. The rest of my closet is filled with all of my "skinny" clothes that I haven't been able to wear for 5-7 years. I have a nice progression of sizes that will last through the summer. By fall I will plan to start buying consignment shop clothes to get me through until I hit goal.

Then, look out mall... here I come...!

On 06/24/2019 at 19:24, Coleslaw said:

As a woman who HATES to shop for the obvious reasons (nothing fits, crying in the fitting room, trying to find tops that I think hide my fat belly but in reality do not, etc.), in my four weeks post surgery I find myself longing to shop. I regularly go onto the websites of stores in my local mall to look at all of the cute things I know I will be buying and wearing soon. I picture the day I can walk through the mall, see something cute in the window or on the rack, try it on and IT FITS!!! I'm not there yet physically, but mentally I am ready to be a shopoholic.

I haven't been fat my whole life, or even for a whole decade. Before the surgery, I went through my closet and got rid of all of my current-size clothes that were out of season, and held onto a few in-season things to get me through these first few months of summer. The rest of my closet is filled with all of my "skinny" clothes that I haven't been able to wear for 5-7 years. I have a nice progression of sizes that will last through the summer. By fall I will plan to start buying consignment shop clothes to get me through until I hit goal.

Then, look out mall... here I come...!

Lol!

Yes, it’s much more satisfying to grab something in a size you’ve not been able to wear for years and it actually fits.

As someone is is only a bit past halfway to goal, it’s a great feeling and I can’t wait to actually wear non-plus sizes soon. Right now I’m wearing 14s comfortably and even found a pair of shorts in a size large last week.

I will warn you though... one of the ladies in my support group had her surgery almost a year and a half ago and lost over 120 pounds and had stayed the same size for a few months and thought she had stayed stable long enough to shop a new wardrobe.

Right after she did that she dropped yet another size in clothes!

I mean, I guess it’s not the worst problem in the world to have, but would be incredibly frustrating at the Same time

A year and a half ago I put a moratorium on buying anything but the barest of essential clothes because I was working toward surgery. As a stay at home mom, I basically live in jeans, yoga pants, leggings, and tshirts, so it's not like I'm a major shopper. I also had a closet full of my fat, fatter, fattest clothes to work my way through so I thought I'd be okay for the first while after surgery. Now, 6 weeks post op, I'm feeling a little frustrated with my wardrobe. Most of it is tired/worn and baggy, and looks terrible.

I caved yesterday and went bra shopping (ugh!) because the situation was getting absurd. I'm not excited about shopping for new clothes, because all I see is a waste of money as the clothes I get will only fit me for a few months, and that just feels so wasteful.

One saving grace has been a friend who's similar in size to where I am now, so she's leant me a few things to help me get through the summer. Maybe in the fall I'll feel more into shopping for clothes. We'll see then.

Hope by then you will have other things left besides a ratty old Calgary Flames sweatshirt. I am down to " too doggone big" Gosh why did I ever buy that ?" 3 jeans and 5 tops, and as I look things look weird and worn out and I too need a new wardrobe bad!. Well maybe I'll make it through to,Autumn, by wearing what clohes still wearable that d9nt like maternity smocks or clown clothes

Lol, as a healthcare professional who deals with the public full-time and must maintain a “professional” wardrobe, it’s a bit harsh on the pocketbook, but thankfully my consignment store is able to help me as much as they can. I’ve already had to sell back clothing that I purchased 2 months ago.

Honestly I’ve considered a rent the runway kind of program, but I need more than a few outfits mailed to me and I’m spending that same amount of money rotating through sizes at the consignment.
Next month *fingers crossed* I’ll be ready to move down one more size and start looking into selling back all of my summer stuff and start collecting fall wear.
The advantage to me doing this is that since I bought the clothes from the store in the first place, I know it’s stuff they’re going to take back and give me store credit on.

For the longest time after my vbg I would still end up looking at my previous bigger size, it seemed to take a long time to get in the right frame of mind. One thing I am lucky about is that I saved all my cute smaller clothes and look forward to getting back into them!