Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I... Have... Made... Poo!

OMG, I am still getting used to the new bodily changes but I last pooped 5 days ago at the procedure. I was getting anxious and thinking that maybe, just maybe you don't make poop if all you drink is water... Wrong. I just wanted to share my joy at a return to some normalcy. I have been on stool softeners twice a day since the surgery to make sure I did not get constipated, I will relax down to 1 when I am on a routine without Constipation.

Any advice on keeping regular?

Keep walking and moving and drink your fluids... Oh, if you must weigh yourself, weigh yourself on poo days...

I'm 10 months out and I still drink Miralax in my tea every morning and will make sure I'm getting plenty of Fiber in my diet. I'll throw benefiber in my yogurt and premier shakes when I drink them.

Congratulations on your poo!

Oh, those first days and the anxiety over the first BMs. I remember being afraid to push, being afraid of what I'd see in the stool, you name it. Glad you're on the road to regularity.

At this point in my game, I don't really take anything and am regular without any interventions. BUT, Constipation is an ongoing threat in the bariatric community. Get your fluids. Stay active. Once you transition to regular food, include fiber (if you can't, supplement). I used to chew a fiber Gummy every day, but I don't find that I really need it anymore.

If you find yourself in a "situation", I relied on good old MOM (milk of magnesia). You can adjust the dosage based on the severity of your need. It tastes god-awful going down, but it does the trick. Other effective agents: Smooth Move tea, Miralax, Dulcolax.

Here's to happy, regular BMs!

And surely a time when MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU is quite appropriate! LOL

It's mostly the caloric deficit and the high amount of Protein that cause your BMs to be more infrequent. Keep your Fluid intake up. Maybe incorporate some Metamucil (Fiber).

Side Note....I see a few females chiming in on what is supposed to be a GUYS ONLY group.

I guess that is one thing i am dreading, not being able to poo after surgery. I do know that regardless of what in the end it will all be worth it

On 06/11/2019 at 17:18, Shara Moore said:

I guess that is one thing i am dreading, not being able to poo after surgery. I do know that regardless of what in the end it will all be worth it

Oh my gosh, stay diligent about it! It can awful!

46 minutes ago, JamesL73 said:

Side Note....I see a few females chiming in on what is supposed to be a GUYS ONLY group.

Sorry Dude. Guess we don't pay attention to the group the thread is categorized in. Unless there is a way to make it to where ONLY members registered as male can see the the Guys Only forum its going to keep happening. And even if they manage to do something like that some gender Fluid member will come along and complain about it.

Edited by KCgirl061

Anyone still have trouble with bowel movements, I'm 37 days post op and its like my body is not allowing me to go. In order for me to go I have to do suppository and laxatives. It just won't happen naturally and I need help to figure out something because this is becoming a huge problem

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app