Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I have anyone having the surgery in July ?20190414_121325.thumb.jpeg.e459bbccee3e2fdb05b070337b027872.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

July right here. Well, or probably it will be post poned. I had sm accident in church n now im n crutches i pulled a ligament from side n back of knee (the miniscus) Pulled or broke. Takes months n therapy to heal. I have finished all the preliminarys three months ago. I waited 3 months for a surgery date. I dont know whats going to happen now because I have gained 15 Lb. Since. Sttarting weight 205. Now im up 220 Lb.

My general dr dont want to give me the clearance letter for surgery yet. She wants me to loose atleast 10Lb. Because my legs are retaining liquid. They swelling. She wants to see if i can loose weight on my own with no surgery.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm scheduled for July 8 at Mercy Hospital in Rockville Center, NY. I cant wait for the next chapter to begin.

July right here. Well, or probably it will be post poned. I had sm accident in church n now im n crutches i pulled a ligament from side n back of knee (the miniscus) Pulled or broke. Takes months n therapy to heal. I have finished all the preliminarys three months ago. I waited 3 months for a surgery date. I dont know whats going to happen now because I have gained 15 Lb. Since. Sttarting weight 205. Now im up 220 Lb. My general dr dont want to give me the clearance letter for surgery yet. She wants me to loose atleast 10Lb. Because my legs are retaining liquid. They swelling. She wants to see if i can loose weight on my own with no surgery.
Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app
Will be praying for you

I'm scheduled for July 8 at Mercy Hospital in Rockville Center, NY. I cant wait for the next chapter to begin.
Great. My date is July 15. I am excited and nervous

Hello Everyone I am hoping to get a July maybe an August date, I have completed 5 out of the 6 Dietian visits. I have everything else done except my clearance letter and I don't see why my Primary won't clear me. I have already went to see her, as a precaution she wants me to see a Cardiologist just to be safe. But I am excited to start this new chapter of my life. I have tried to lose weight on my own but I will lose a small amount of weight but gain it back. Like the Yo-yo affect. But since I have started on the process WLS which was in January, at first I lost 10 pounds gain three back and I have not been able to lose anymore. I walk everyday for 30-40 minutes depending on if I go swimming which I try to go every other day and I do 30 laps (with mini breaks). I have maintain the same weight since April. But I have been losing inches. I have changed my eating tremendously so that I can be prepared for after the surgery, but I am also not all the way there yet. I am a work in progress. My biggest areas for me were sugars and sodas, which I have stopped drinking ALL carbonated drinks and I have cut way. way, and way back on my sweets. Which I am very proud of myself. But I have rambled enough lol but I am looking forward to meeting new friends in here and getting to the next chapter of my life. Thank you for reading my message

22 hours ago, Timeka said:

Hello Everyone I am hoping to get a July maybe an August date, I have completed 5 out of the 6 Dietian visits. I have everything else done except my clearance letter and I don't see why my Primary won't clear me. I have already went to see her, as a precaution she wants me to see a Cardiologist just to be safe. But I am excited to start this new chapter of my life. I have tried to lose weight on my own but I will lose a small amount of weight but gain it back. Like the Yo-yo affect. But since I have started on the process WLS which was in January, at first I lost 10 pounds gain three back and I have not been able to lose anymore. I walk everyday for 30-40 minutes depending on if I go swimming which I try to go every other day and I do 30 laps (with mini breaks). I have maintain the same weight since April. But I have been losing inches. I have changed my eating tremendously so that I can be prepared for after the surgery, but I am also not all the way there yet. I am a work in progress. My biggest areas for me were sugars and sodas, which I have stopped drinking ALL carbonated drinks and I have cut way. way, and way back on my sweets. Which I am very proud of myself. But I have rambled enough lol but I am looking forward to meeting new friends in here and getting to the next chapter of my life. Thank you for reading my message

You're almost there! Congrats! :) I feel you with the whole losing weight thing, its tough. Im trying to force myself to go to the gym but the thought of judgement stops me from going. Im hoping things change once I have surgery. Also, they say the surgery also eliminates certain cravings you may have. Maybe avoiding sugary drinks wont be so hard for you until after the surgery.

Yesterday was my last required nutritionist visit (#6) and i finished everything else. Im just waiting on a call from my surgeon. Hopefully everything goes smooth with my insurance and I get a date for July. I've been having some concerns though...

1. The pain ill be in after the surgery.

2. Forgetting to take my Vitamins and dying (Im probably being dramatic here)

3. The excuse I have to come up with for my coworkers and anyone not close to me as to why Im rapidly losing weight. :o

I am suppose to be July 8th. Have my 3rd and final weigh in Tuesday. Only my husband knows, I didn’t want anyone talking me out of it. I have too many health issues so I am more than ready to get started. I have been preparing people slowly, I quit drinking pop, beer etc. told everyone I bought a new total gym and asked if anyone wants to come work out. So not sure if/when and who I will tell. Still didn’t decide. Good luck everyone and keep us updated.

On 06/13/2019 at 21:36, MarvelGirl25 said:

You're almost there! Congrats! :) I feel you with the whole losing weight thing, its tough. Im trying to force myself to go to the gym but the thought of judgement stops me from going. Im hoping things change once I have surgery. Also, they say the surgery also eliminates certain cravings you may have. Maybe avoiding sugary drinks wont be so hard for you until after the surgery.

Yesterday was my last required nutritionist visit (#6) and i finished everything else. Im just waiting on a call from my surgeon. Hopefully everything goes smooth with my insurance and I get a date for July. I've been having some concerns though...

1. The pain ill be in after the surgery.

2. Forgetting to take my Vitamins and dying (Im probably being dramatic here)

3. The excuse I have to come up with for my coworkers and anyone not close to me as to why Im rapidly losing weight. :o

Thank you!! What has been helping me go to the gym is doing something I love which is swimming. At first it was very hard for me to put on a bathing suit but I had to get it in my mind that I’m not doing this to please others but I’m doing this so that I can live!! Then it was about me getting healthy and not worrying about anything anyone had to say. The sugary drinks hasn’t been a big problem as much as my sweets has but I’m working on that as well and have cut back tremendously!! Congratulations on your process as well!! Far as your concerns I can relate with the pains but everyone is different so you may or may not have any pains. That’s what I keep telling myself lol. Taking your Vitamins and dying are big concerns but we can set alarms to remind ourselves to take them and have positive vibes that we aren’t going to die!! Far as telling others about your surgery, you can easily tell them to mind their own business lol lol lol but in all seriousness you have the choice if you want to tell anyone about your WLS. I myself have only told maybe five people and they have been my biggest supporters, but I haven’t put much thought into what I would say after my surgery. But it hasn’t been a huge concern for me, because again I have the mindset of I have to live!! Nobody is going to make me feel bad about wanting to live.