Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Health Issues and exercise

I am wondering if there are other people how have health issues that make it hard to exercise. My problem is pain and fatigue which makes me not have the motivation to go and exercise. Anyone have a suggestion that would help me to get my exercise in and not feel bad after

Swimming... easier on the joints ! And I also suffer from chronic pain which fluctuates daily... on good days I walk and bad days I forgive myself and get my rest...as I lost a bunch of weight though , my energy increased and I had more good days than bad...

And that's just what you were looking to achieve, right? Keep moving forward, no matter how sliw, until you get where you want to go.💕😛🌺🍀🌸

Walking is the simplest form of exercise, maybe you can get up and walk a little.

Yep. When I started this journey at 287lbs, I was pretty much bed-ridden. Terrible shape. So I started a super low cal, low fat, low carb diet. And started walking in my house for 5 minutes at a time. Some days it was all I could do to make 5 minutes for the day. But slowly, the weight came off and my endurance increased.

It is not easy. But it does get better. Losing the weight, having the surgery, getting to normal weight, I exercise for 60 minutes a day about 6 days a week. I still walk. And then I do core exercises at home 2 days a week in addition to that. My pain has gone from a 7-9 down to a very manageable 3-4.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, yes The pain has got better and I am moving more than when I was at my highest weight, but my energy is still a lot of my struggle....Yes I am working toward my goals every day just wish it would just move a little faster I guess....

Is your pain something physical therapy could help? When I started, my exercise was walking on a treadmill and going to physical therapy for degenerative disk disease. After nine months, I just "graduated" from my physical therapist to a personal trainer and we are working on functional movement. Having an apt. with a trainer makes a big difference in motivating me to go exercise.

Yes, I just finished physical therapy and now I am starting to walk my dog around the block now, I just has surgery and the dr said now that I am done with PT to start slow and work my way up to getting my strength back....as far a the pain exercise dose help, I just have so much fatigue it’s hard to get myself to do it.... just so wore out.

3 hours ago, JennP said:

Yes, I just finished physical therapy and now I am starting to walk my dog around the block now, I just has surgery and the dr said now that I am done with PT to start slow and work my way up to getting my strength back....as far a the pain exercise dose help, I just have so much fatigue it’s hard to get myself to do it.... just so wore out.

As you recover from surgery and eat more calories, you'll probably have more energy. Good luck!

Personal training. I've found when you spend $400 a month on something, you are very motivated to make use of it. Even when you are exhausted and fatigued.

You should not be fatigued after your surgery.

Do not exercise more than walking until you solve this issue. If your fatigue is related to your diet, then you have problems that exercising will make worse.

Make sure you are getting all the required nutrients such as Proteins and Water. If you are not, do not do anything strenuous. See your doctor or nutritionist.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

41 minutes ago, wjgo said:

You should not be fatigued after your surgery.

Do not exercise more than walking until you solve this issue. If your fatigue is related to your diet, then you have problems that exercising will make worse.

Make sure you are getting all the required nutrients such as Proteins and Water. If you are not, do not do anything strenuous. See your doctor or nutritionist.

I'm not sure what you are talking about but being fatigued right after surgery when you are eating around <500 calories a day sounds normal to me.

2 months of chronic fatigue is not normal, and not right. I would guess you are not getting the proper nutrition.

There's a lot more you need to know about a woman's health before you diagnose a woman's chronic fatigue as poor diet and I think your advice elsewhere that women should eat 600 calories a day for a year after surgery is dangerous.

Edited by JessLess
Had to say it.

ok People, I am out from surgery 3 Years and the fatigue is from an illness I have, I was asking if anyone had any suggestions on how to be more motivated with exercise. It makes it harder when I have the fatigue.🤩🤩