Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Maintenance Thread

Okay, you all are freaking me out a little bit, because I did actively try to gain weight over the past month--which I did, but only a few pounds.

I guess the reassuring part is that I had to eat SO much more than I was comfortable with to do it just to gain a few pounds. Also, I was able to stop the gain by deliberately cutting out the high-calorie foods I was eating to gain.

On an unrelated note, it was crazy hot last week here in Australia, with a high temperature of 98 last Wednesday!

9 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

LOL - it was an indoor pool - I live in Wisconsin!!

I don't know that I feel any different (138 vs 150), but some of the clothes that fit me at 138 are tight on me now, and I don't look as wrinkly and bony. My husband was just telling me over the weekend that he saw a picture of me from 2017, and he thinks a look a lot better now. Who knew???

Smart husband!

On 11/25/2019 at 22:19, GreenTealael said:

This is a good measure of improvement 🏆. No none wants to hear they look worse over time

True story

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

This is a good measure of improvement

Yeah, I'm becoming more and more convinced that a goal "look" (or "feel") is better than a goal "weight". Once you get to a level that you are happy with in terms of how you look to yourself and how you feel about yourself, then whatever weight you are at then is your goal weight. Of course this could change later on, but you can always re-evaluate later down the road.

P.S. obviously this approach would only really work with those who don't have serious cases of BD....

P.P.S. at one point in the spring this year, when I was at about 145lbs, and was closing in on my original goal, I thought wow, wouldn't it be cool if I could weigh as much as I did in high school? So I made a secret goal-after-goal of 105 lbs. Yeah...NO. Based on how I look now at 115, another 10lbs lost on my frame would look way to thin.

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

Yeah, I'm becoming more and more convinced that a goal "look" (or "feel") is better than a goal "weight". Once you get to a level that you are happy with in terms of how you look to yourself and how you feel about yourself, then whatever weight you are at then is your goal weight. Of course this could change later on, but you can always re-evaluate later down the road.

P.S. obviously this approach would only really work with those who don't have serious cases of BD....

P.P.S. at one point in the spring this year, when I was at about 145lbs, and was closing in on my original goal, I thought wow, wouldn't it be cool if I could weigh as much as I did in high school? So I made a secret goal-after-goal of 105 lbs. Yeah...NO. Based on how I look now at 115, another 10lbs lost on my frame would look way to thin.

yea - I was surprised how thin I looked at 138 lbs. I'm 5'6", so that is in the middle of my normal BMI range. But I got so bony looking that there were a lot of clothes I just couldn't/wouldn't wear - like tops with low necklines. Every rib showed when I was at that weight, and it looked awful to see that. I'm fine with a bony collarbone (and I still have that), but I was self-conscious about all those ribs sticking out (and showing!). It didn't look very good..

5 hours ago, Recidivist said:

On an unrelated note, it was crazy hot last week here in Australia, with a high temperature of 98 last Wednesday!

Ah summer in Australia....

I remember consecutive days of 40C temp and 100% humidity.

I loved it and hated it at the same time ❤️😡

11 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

P.S. obviously this approach would only really work with those who don't have serious cases of BD...

I have BD and these days,

I seriously have to heavily rely foremost on photos and then true unsolicited reviews by friends and family (not suspected haters... Not that I think I have any... I hope not 😳) - you look happy/healthy/much younger/better/stop losing/etc

Otherwise I can't really gauge what I look like in comparison to early journey weightloss size and I become trash about acknowledging/celebrating my achievement. Its terrible but working through it 😔

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I have BD and these days,

I seriously have to heavily rely foremost on photos and then true unsolicited reviews by friends and family (not suspected haters... Not that I think I have any... I hope not 😳) - you look happy/healthy/much younger/better/stop losing/etc

Otherwise I can't really gauge what I look like in comparison to early journey weightloss size and I become trash about acknowledging/celebrating my achievement. Its terrible but working through it 😔

I'm right there with you..... I can't see the WL in the mirror.... this is why i take pictures. This was week 1 at 173.5lbs, (liquid diet) and yesterday at 142lbs. Tomorrow will be 3 month PO

week 1 & week 13.JPG

1 hour ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

I'm right there with you..... I can't see the WL in the mirror.... this is why i take pictures. This was week 1 at 173.5lbs, (liquid diet) and yesterday at 142lbs. Tomorrow will be 3 month PO

Looking HOT, mama :337_fire:

I'm suffering from boob and butt envy right now...

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Looking HOT, mama :337_fire:

I'm suffering from boob and butt envy right now...

Agree on both counts! #curveenvy

32 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Agree on both counts! #curveenvy

You guys are too kind. I was talking to my hubby last night about a reduction. at my highest, i was a 44G/H... Now im a 34 G/H. lost a little in the boobs but not a lot. I was thinking i could use a Brazilian butt Lift..... hehe My favorite part of the loss.... is how my back looks. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten.... 30lbs makes a difference.

But you both made my day.

6 minutes ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

You guys are too kind. I was talking to my hubby last night about a reduction. at my highest, i was a 44G/H... Now im a 34 G/H. lost a little in the boobs but not a lot. I was thinking i could use a Brazilian butt Lift..... hehe My favorite part of the loss.... is how my back looks. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten.... 30lbs makes a difference.

But you both made my day.

Your back looks amazing! But, then again, so does your front!

DAMN LOOK AT YOU SMOKING HOT LOOKING GREAT KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

On 11/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, catwoman7 said:

yep - a lot of us automatically seem to gain 10-20 lbs during year 3. I'd be careful with trying to put on weight, to be honest....

Because of this tendency, my doctor told me to do these forevcer: eat a maximum of 800-1,000 kcal/day, no more than 1 c. food/meal and continue to exercise. I'm rarely hungry and 800 kcal/day satisfies me. It's hard to believe that I haven't lost more weight, but maybe it'll still happen.