Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Maintenance Thread

Thanks SO MUCH for those kind words and for everyone putting up with me and my neurotic obsessing during this process.
Catwoman7, I definitely hear ya on the bounce thing, which is why my stretch goal is 145 instead of 155. I’m all about giving myself some wiggle room. So anyway, sometimes I have these 2 goals in my head,but yeah... increasing calories is going to be both an adventure and a trial.

I plan on doing the same-old-same-old for the next 2 weeks, then after my bday I’ll start to come up with a plan to incorporate more complex carbs—in moderation— and see what that looks like.

Today at work I did have 2 different customers ask me when I was finally going to stop losing weight. As difficult as it is for me to truly see myself as normal weight now, it’s impossible to see myself as “almost too skinny”.
It’s gonna be tough to figure out how to deal with some of the dysmorphia, but thankfully there is the OOTD thread I’ll be using to keep me accountable

Okay. Bout to head out to work and I’ve pre-logged food.
537 cal, 68gm Protein. <13gm carbs.

I’ll have to work on this, but I’m just too busy ATM to think about adding in extra calories and carbs

Okay so today is my 8 month surgiversary.
Lol, I had really hoped I’d hit GW by this day, but true to me, I fell ONE MEASLEY pound short!

Ah well, gonna double down this week so I can by sure to be at GW by my bday in 10 days.
Never give up!

image-0.0040531158447265625.jpg

23 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Lol, I had really hoped I’d hit GW by this day, but true to me, I fell ONE MEASLEY pound short!

Ah well, gonna double down this week so I can by sure to be at GW by my bday in 10 days.
Never give up!

Eight months and doing phenomenal. Cheering you on to hit your 1 pound goal by your birthday.

You get to decide when to start adding calories/carbs to maintain. Last pounds are frustrating, right *smile* Whatever BMI you want to maintain is great. You’re in a healthy BMI zone with wiggle room.

Thanks for the encouragement!
I know GW will happen now and TBH, I had my doubts on this day 8 months ago.
By the end of the month I’m going to start adding in a serving of complex carbs daily and bumping average daily calorie intake by 200 until I can consistently get to 1200 healthy calories daily. It will take a couple of months I’m sure, but I’m kind of counting on that to take this long so I can also lose another 5-10 pounds in that time as I work on transitioning.
Long as I can maintain within a 5-10 pound window of goal (with my GW of 155 being the UPPER limit) then I’ll be completely satisfied

I’m truly not looking to go under 145, but I understand it could temporarily happen as this process isn’t like a faucet you can turn on and off at will.
These next 3-6 months are going to be interesting and will be full of trial and error.

You've got this @Sheribear68! Phenomenal work girlie!! You're amazing! Congrats!

Congratulations@Sheribear68!!!!! You inspire me!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji123][emoji123][emoji322]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Never give up!

💃💃💃Congratulations in advance 💃💃💃

I wanted to add a maintenance NSV:

Because the weather has finally turned cold enough, Today I washed and dried my wool and vegan leather jackets/coats from last season/year (no worries-I always do this) and they fit EXACTLY THE SAME👏

Very exciting to know that I'm actually still maintaining. I could easily drop more weight but I'm good right in this range 💃

Greetings, all--new Maintainer here!

Just a brief intro: I had surgery on March 2, 2019. I set an original goal weight of 150, but when I got closer I decided that 140 was probably better. Now I'm at 136. (I truly can't believe these numbers--I never would have dreamed this a year ago!)

I'm still losing a bit of weight, but not at a rapid rate. I'm now trying to figure out what and how much more I need to eat to reach a good balance. Carbs and fats still terrify me, but I may need to increase both to stop losing. The challenge will be eating enough, because I still get full (sometimes to the point of discomfort) when I eat what I've been eating during weight loss. It's all trial and error I suppose.

I still think of myself as a fat person and I am sometimes shocked when I see myself in the mirror, but I'm getting used to it. I went back to my old office this week for the first time in two years, and literally nobody recognized me at first. It was only when I started talking that they knew it was me. I guess that's a good thing!

Now I'm getting comments from family and friends that I'm too thin, which is absurd. I have a very small frame and weighed ten pounds less than this in high school and college. However, all of my current friends only know me as a fat person and I guess it's a bit shocking to them.

I'm going to read through the entire thread this weekend so I'm up to speed. I've already found some great information in the first few page, and I'm really glad this thread was started!

Edited by Recidivist

@Recidivist Welcome! I've found this thread to be extremely helpful!

Nice to see you here Recidivist.

guys.
Im OFFICIALLY a maintainer now.

hit goal this morning.

4 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Nice to see you here Recidivist.

guys.
Im OFFICIALLY a maintainer now.

hit goal this morning.

Good for you--I'm so proud of you!

I don't think it's coincidence that the two of us reached this point around the same time. I have the feeling we were both extremely disciplined when it came to the program. I'm shocked when I read about people having ice cream and potato chips four months after surgery!

Congrats and welcome to the rest of life!! Maintenance is all about enderance and dedication i🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌻🌻🌻🌻💛💛💛💛💛🦄🦄🦄🚴‍♀️

On 10/12/2019 at 02:12, Recidivist said:

Good for you--I'm so proud of you!

I don't think it's coincidence that the two of us reached this point around the same time. I have the feeling we were both extremely disciplined when it came to the program. I'm shocked when I read about people having ice cream and potato chips four months after surgery!

Yes!
And both of us being in the “senior” age group works for us IMO.
We’re old enough to understand that this was going to take hard work and dedication.