Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Maintenance Thread

2 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

I’m not complaining, I’ve had to work hard for every pound the past few months and I believe that is going to help me in the long run.

*clapping* :1301_clap_tone2:

Ok maintainers:

Question of the Day: Are you still cold??? (Please say no. My cold bones need some hope.)

10 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ok maintainers:

Question of the Day: Are you still cold??? (Please say no. My cold bones need some hope.)

Yes .... sorry :(

46 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Ok maintainers:

Loving tank tops and shorts in the summer. Air conditioning and Refrigerator/freezer isles at the grocery stores are killing me. Takes longer to warm back up. Pays off to keep a light jacket in the car.

39 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yes .... sorry :(

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😭

I have been taking multiple breaks to go stand outside in the sun because they turned on the air conditioning in the office today. I'm that reptile that has to go find a sunny rock to hang out on to survive.

Though I'm pretty sure I could fit a space heater under my desk...

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 😭

I have been taking multiple breaks to go stand outside in the sun because they turned on the air conditioning in the office today. I'm that reptile that has to go find a sunny rock to hang out on to survive.

Though I'm pretty sure I could fit a space heater under my desk...

Benefits of working from home, I wear a fuzzy robe over my t shirt and leggings. I'm sure my UPS guy thinks I'm insane :blush:

3 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Benefits of working from home, I wear a fuzzy robe over my t shirt and leggings. I'm sure my UPS guy thinks I'm insane :blush:

3 more weeks, and this contract is done, then back to working from home for me too! I intend to leave the pilot light to the fireplace ON this summer....

32 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Kimono EVERYDAY

8 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ok maintainers:

Froze at first when I was losing. I got about 10 lbs below where I am now and didn't feel good, so adjusted goal up a bit. As soon as I put on the weight it actually helped a huge amount. Now I'm not cold all the time, yes I run way colder than I used to and lack insulation, but its not like it was before.. it's actually nice I don't need A/C. My wife is the exact opposite, hot constantly so we have quite the battle in our house with the HVAC

Another thing that happened was it HURT to sit, I lost the tailbone fat pad and it was painful, gaining the 10 lbs back solved that too, which was nice...

15 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Question of the Day: Are you still cold

as you can see from my recent photo i am wearing long sleeves in Vegas in June so sorry to say yes i still get cold very easy

On 6/8/2019 at 5:24 AM, allwet said:

as you can see from my recent photo i am wearing long sleeves in Vegas in June so sorry to say yes i still get cold very easy

I was hoping that the feeling of being cold would go away once the weight stabilized :( .

P.S. Just visited your profile and saw that pic of you in front of the horseshoe...you look like a skinny robert di nero!

Maintainers: Do you still see your nutritionist/dietician? Do you still get your labs done periodically?

52 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Maintainers: Do you still see your nutritionist/dietician? Do you still get your labs done periodically?

I have an appt once a year at the clinic - I see the surgeon and the dietitian (I also have the option to see the psychologist, but I never have). They do labs when I'm there for the annual appt.

55 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

My program has three dietician visits in the first year. Five yearly checkups with the surgeon. Honestly, after my first two years. I have not gone back to my surgeons check up's. I have blood work done with my family Dr.

If patients need more than the three dietician consults, The hospital has free bariatric cooking classes with nutrition information, behavior change classes and support groups. They have been offering these programs for many years. They will keep these programs if the hospital can afford it.