Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So tell me about your last 20lbs or so. I’d like to lose another 15 but it is sloooooow even though I’m still in the first year. Tips and advice are greatly appreciated.

the last 20 lbs takes forever!! Also when I gain weight now (fortunately I catch it before it gets out of control), it also takes forever to take it off. I think it took two months to lose the 5 lb gain I had over the holidays. I can understand now why skinny people complain about losing 5 or 10 lbs (I used to think they were nuts!!)

Well sounds like your Honeymoon is over and you have settled into the Weight Loss marriage state. And I was hoping you would have good news for ME this morning, about to kick into my,last 25 pounds to Goal and now I am fearful I won't make it either? I have had a second Honeymoon with the weird way my pathway laid out, but I am more than overdue to slow down 9 months out. To quote Eeyore from Winnie the Poo " OH ME, OH MY!"

12 hours ago, alioolala said:

So tell me about your last 20lbs or so. I’d like to lose another 15 but it is sloooooow even though I’m still in the first year. Tips and advice are greatly appreciated.

You have lost a lot of weight, congratulations!

We had surgery a month apart and I’m in the home stretch. I looked up 20 pounds ago and that was February 12th, so about 3.5 months or so. After a lackluster March I joined a gym with a personal trainer, bought a Fitbit, tightened up my diet and started participating on this website. I personally think working out and staying active is the key and will remain the key forever.

If you want to join us for the June challenge come on over to this thread. Nothing is required, just motivation and support.

here is the link

June Challenge

Edited by Cheeseburgh

I hear you 20 to go and I'm getting comfortable where I'm at. Also not loosing, only around 2 pounds in a month.

I'm also stuck at losing around 2lbs per month, with about 20lbs left to go until my personal goal. I started working out regularly (joined my gym at work and have a plan for fitness classes throughout the week, plus yoga on Mondays) and I'm trying to count calories, but it's become so difficult! I calculated my total daily energy expenditure, and now it's only around 1800/day. I do really well in the morning most days, but by afternoon and evening I get ravenous and have a hard time resisting the high-calorie slider foods. I'm managing to eat at maintenance, but I can't seem to keep a deficit, so I'm not really losing. I'm hoping adding regular exercise will help.

On 06/03/2019 at 08:40, Frustr8 said:

Well sounds like your Honeymoon is over and you have settled into the Weight Loss marriage state. And I was hoping you would have good news for ME this morning, about to kick into my,last 25 pounds to Goal and now I am fearful I won't make it either? I have had a second Honeymoon with the weird way my pathway laid out, but I am more than overdue to slow down 9 months out. To quote Eeyore from Winnie the Poo " OH ME, OH MY!"
You will get there frustr8 just keep at it!

On 06/03/2019 at 11:22, Cheeseburgh said:

You have lost a lot of weight, congratulations!

We had surgery a month apart and I’m in the home stretch. I looked up 20 pounds ago and that was February 12th, so about 3.5 months or so. After a lackluster March I joined a gym with a personal trainer, bought a Fitbit, tightened up my diet and started participating on this website. I personally think working out and staying active is the key and will remain the key forever.

If you want to join us for the June challenge come on over to this thread. Nothing is required, just motivation and support.

here is the link

June Challenge

Hey Cheeseburgh! I’ve been working out pretty hard since I was cleared after surgery but recently started running in hopes I can get some more weighloss. I will definitely join you over in the support thread, thank you!

On 06/03/2019 at 17:29, MegPRN said:

I'm also stuck at losing around 2lbs per month, with about 20lbs left to go until my personal goal. I started working out regularly (joined my gym at work and have a plan for fitness classes throughout the week, plus yoga on Mondays) and I'm trying to count calories, but it's become so difficult! I calculated my total daily energy expenditure, and now it's only around 1800/day. I do really well in the morning most days, but by afternoon and evening I get ravenous and have a hard time resisting the high-calorie slider foods. I'm managing to eat at maintenance, but I can't seem to keep a deficit, so I'm not really losing. I'm hoping adding regular exercise will help.

Maybe try intermittent fasting. It worked for me initially, but then my weight just plateaued for a month after so I’m not really as strict with it anymore. I did like how I felt when I was doing it though and I always go to the gym in a fasted state.

On 06/03/2019 at 14:05, Liz The New Me said:

I hear you 20 to go and I'm getting comfortable where I'm at. Also not loosing, only around 2 pounds in a month.

Glad it’s not just me! I guess we will just stick it out and hope for more losses!

Closing in one the last 10 pounds to lose and it's been a struggle

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app