Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puréed stage need ideas!

I’m in the pureed stage now for a month and I’m already bored with my food choices. I am rotating between eggs cottage cheese and pudding. I tried mashed potatoes and refried Beans too. I need some help with ideas, so I won’t get bored since I have to do this for a month ugh!

PS I don’t cook :)~

Have you tried some creamy Soups, maybe some chicken or tuna salad?

What are some good canned creamy Soups? Can I have broccoli and cheddar? I’m just worried about the little pieces of broccoli in it. I did try tuna with light mayo but wasn’t a fan of it by itself and seemed too dense for the purred stage. I had kfc mashed potatoes 2 days in a row and was fine but then the third time I had it I had diarrhea right after so now I’m scared to eat it again but that was my fav :(

My favorite is Butternut Soup from Campbell's YES soup line.

Try making some chicken salad, you can use the canned chicken or maybe ground up some rotisserie. Mix it with some light mayo or greek yogurt, seasonings. Maybe try a white bean chili. Can we mix some light alfredo sauce in chicken broth to make it taste a better, or is that a no? I am still pre-op, but dreading this process, so trying to think it through with you. I actually have a few Soup recipes the dietician gave me, but i haven't made any of them yet. Can you have lentils? Black eyed peas are in season and are delicious when they are fresh. I would think broccoli cheese would be good as long as you shred the broccoli in a processor first. Please share if you come up with any favorites for this stage. Good Luck

What about a mashed sweet potato?

I had kfc mashed potatoes twice and was fine then third time gave me diarrhea so I’m scared to have them again. Maybe it was to much richness

I went straight from liquid to soft foods but I am pretty sure that creamed Soups are supposed to be strained before eating unless you put everything in a food processor before eating.

I don’t think that I would try broccoli this early out but best to check with your nutritionist.

This will give you great ideas. This blog got me through the different stages. Excellent easy recipes and ideas here.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html?m=1

the ricotta bake is the favorite of many post op. Very easy to make as well

Edited by Losingit2018

I put a teaspoon of salsa with an egg. I also scrambled an egg with a little refried Beans.

Ricotta with canned or shredded chicken or tuna.

If you have an instant pot there are recipes for lentil taco filling which is just mashed lentils, seasoning and broth.

Get a decent blender, and any Soup becomes pureed soup. I did cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, cream of potato, etc., but sent it through a blender before heating it up.

I also got creative, based on my cravings. When my kids wanted pizza, I made myself "pizza soup" (was making home made pizza, so I reappropriated some of the Italian sausage + pepperoni + mushroom, heated it up in a skillet with a creamy Tomato Soup with basil, to get some of the flavors into it, then strained it, and ate the non-solids. Turned out surprisingly good.

Get a GOOD blender, and anything becomes pureed soup if you try hard enough ;)

When my sis was here, she ordered Mexican food, and I was craving the same, so I wound up making my own "soup" out of part of an order of Carne Asada. Carne Asada + Refried Beans + Salsa + Guac + Beef broth. Ok, so it came out more like Carne Asada pudding in consistency, but the taste was spot on, and it took care of that craving without causing me damage, so I chalk it up as a win.

This was probably not my wisest decision overall (I was considering consistency, but not really content), but it goes to show that if you're burnt out on your options, you can always create new options.

Edited by jelos98

There is a YouTube channel called "timetoshrink" that has some really good recipes. Ricotta Bake, pureed Spinach and Artichoke dip, Pureed Egg salad, Sweet Potato Puree, Buffalo chicken Dip Puree, Broccoli cheese Soup Puree, Refried Beans, Cottage Cheese, and Mashed Potatoes thinned out with broth or low sodium gravy.

I’m in the pureed stage now for a month and I’m already bored with my food choices. I am rotating between eggs cottage cheese and pudding. I tried mashed potatoes and refried Beans too. I need some help with ideas, so I won’t get bored since I have to do this for a month ugh!
PS I don’t cook :)~
Here's a few recommendations from my nutritionist after my sleeve. I pureed the dinners. I could only take 3 bites anyway and was full. Good luck. 20190615_203416.jpeg 20190615_203421.jpeg 20190615_203350.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using BariatricPal mobile app