Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When was your surgery date and how much have you lost so far? Any non scale victories? Just curious I love reading everyone accomplishments.
I had my surgery March 27,2019 so I’m just over two months out. My highest weight was 330lbs I lost about 46lbs before surgery so I was around 284lbs the day of surgery. Just weighed in this morning and was 238.8lbs. So I’m 8.8lbs from loosing a total of 100lbs. I’ve lost around 46 lbs after surgery. Feeling so much better! All of my clothes are to big and the clothes I’ve had since high school(hoping I’d be able to fit into them eventually) fit perfectly some are a lil snug but that hopefully won’t be an issue for to long. I’ve had some personal non scale victories like I was able to move my tummy back a little and actually see my below area to shave WITHOUT doing awkward positions with a mirror 😂. I can sit on the couch with my knees to my chest. I was able to actually have sex without having pains in my chest from all the pressure from the fat. With that being said my sex drive is FINALLY back. And I am starting to be able to see my feet again. I can walk more without being out of breath I still get sweaty easily when walking outside but that’s not a big issue. I haven’t had to take my diabetes medicines since leaving the hospital and about a month ago I got taken off my blood pressure medicines. Since being taken off my bp meds my heart rate gets high quickly they said I need to retrain my heart muscles since it didn’t have to work to hard with the beta blockers for the 4-5 years I was on it. I haven’t taken my anxiety/depression meds since surgery either.

Congrats on a successful surgery! You'll move in and out of those high school clothes faster than you can imagine. That was the only slightly frustrating thing - having to buy transition clothes and wearing them for only a short time. I went from a size 18 to old pairs of 16s and 14s I had around. Then I was finally able to buy 12s at a thrift store. I skipped right past size 10 and picked up 8s (again at thrift stores). When those got too big and I was nearing my goal weight I finally bought some size 6 jeans at nicer stores. I've surpassed my goal another 15 pounds and can actually fit into size 4 now but since I don't anticipate staying at this weight long term I'm not going nuts buying a bunch of size 4.

Sex is a nice NSV. I have a lot more sensitivity, flexibility and endurance than I did before.

I love being able to cross my legs.

Shoe shopping is a lot more fun. I don't need wide width shoes anymore and my feet don't hurt as much carrying around all the weight that was previously there. I could wear my wedges at a wedding last weekend for several hours and they never became uncomfortable. I might be able to tolerate heels now!

Exercising is a lot easier. I exercise for fun and its actually fun now. Bike riding and dancing, even just evening walks with my husband aren't as difficult and I'm more willing to do it. I do need to start a muscle building regime though because I lost all the padding on my butt and my tailbone hurts A LOT with sitting a long time and hard chairs are awful.

Shaving my legs is easier. So is painting my toe nails. Shaving my arm pits is NOT. They are a lot more concave and I can't quite figure out how to maneuver the razor.

That makes me so happy I love hearing/reading about others success. Congratulations on getting to your goal weight!!!