Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

Day 3 - I completed 10 push-ups. Seems like a treat after last month! I started thinking about what my ideal day would be like last night....I think it would be one like Memorial Day...perfect weather around 70 degrees, I'd be outside with my dogs and mucking about in the garden, it would be wonderful to include a giggle fit or two with one or more friends and/or family. It would be a quiet peaceful day where one could just enjoy bees humming and birds chirping. But really, I think I have more than one version of an ideal day. I also enjoy days where I take the dogs for long walks off leash so they can run and swim. Most of my ideal days seem to have something to do with being outside.

PS. @ Green Tealeal...I did see two whales on Saturday but didn't get any pictures.

14 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

6BE26378-15AE-444F-BD1A-47CD7A573BCC.jpeg

9FD83720-6448-4D6A-9445-38AE1B7E92B0.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

My ideal day. (It’s sunny and 75) I have many scenarios based on weather lol.

Wake up at 8:30 after a great nights sleep. Have a hot shower followed by a big iced coffee with sugar free vanilla Creamer. Mid morning go for a walk at the riverfront and enjoy the scenery followed by lunch with friends or family at my local taqueria.

Late afternoon hit a few stores and find the perfect outfit on sale.

Relaxed dinner of grilled shrimp with a crisp salad (that I did not cook) with my husband, followed by sitting and chatting around the fire pit.

Go to bed before 10 and much to my surprise find a romantic comedy I’ve never seen and thoroughly enjoy. Zzz

And scene!

Day 3 - my ideal day

I wake up at 530am, feeling rested and awake. It would be a clear cool morning, and I would have tea out on my balcony. My wee-lings and hubs get themselves fed, dressed, and ready for the day without me needing to nag them.

After they leave for school and work, I go for a nice long walk, listening to whatever book I have downloaded at the moment. Then I spend the rest of the morning writing without dealing with writer's block.

Lunch with my girlfriends at a local Korean fusion place and lots of green tea. Laughing, talking, and catching up.

After lunch we're able to hit up a crafters market and spend time window shopping.

Then I go home in time to greet my wee-lings as they get off the school bus. We read together for an hour, and they help me make dinner... something like a bloody Mary steak salad.< br>
My hubs gets home from work, we enjoy dinner together, the wee-lings do their after dinner chores without a fuss, and then we all enjoy an episode of Doctor Who together. Then the wee-lings go to bed, happily.

My hubs and I then get to watch an exciting football game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, which Saskatchewan wins handily (of course). I'm in bed by 1030 at the latest (a late night for me), read for a little bit, and then lights out.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

6/3:

My ideal day is based a lot around the weather also. If its great weather a lovely day in the park with family. All day in the sun or relaxing by a lake/river/ocean 😍

Terrible weather calls for board game/movie marathons with brief periods outdoors to remind us if why we need to be grateful for indoor plumbing and modern technology 😂

3 hours ago, thatch said:

What my ideal day looks like:

I wake up with ENERGY and not a bit sleepy. A bit before dawn so I can watch the sunrise. It's a beautiful cool day, probably fall. I go for a walk and don't see another soul and there are no cars about. Quiet so I can think. When I return home, I have a delicious Breakfast -- a hearty quiche with veggies and cheese. Then I head to the beach for the morning with a good book. I read by the shoreline, taking breaks to swim or just watch the waves. For lunch, I meet some friends and we feast on crab legs and other good seafood. Conversation is lively and interesting. The afternoon is spent taking a boat ride out to a neighboring island, where we watch dolphins play and look for seashells. That night, there's a beach party with dancing. I go to bed tired but happy.

well that was a pretty picture you just painted. you should be a writer (if you aren't already!)...

EDIT: actually...I just finished reading the rest of your perfect days, you all paint pretty pictures ❤️

Edited by ms.sss

What my ideal day looks like: Being thankful for how far I've come on this journey. I love a beautiful sunrise and sunset. I sit and watch the sun and reflect\meditate. Okay enough meditation, got to get on the floor and do these pushups!

*Guest* B-Side Question:
What is your favorite Social Media site/app?
I [emoji7] Pinterest!
Pinterest is my jam!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

On 6/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, gabybab said:

I'm here. I can not do some of these exercises, but can supplement them with something else. I just hit 60 lbs this morning and weigh 278. I hope to lose 10 pounds this month, but would be happy with half of that.

Mow that I've lost a good bit I'm motivated to walk everyday. Before I would never go out and walk. I'm working myself up to have the courage to walk by myself.

My mental healh today is fabulous! I feel so good! Today I will do 10,000 steps as I can't do a plank.

I forgot to say my surgery was 2-25-19. I had the sleeve and have lost 60 pounds. My starting weight this month is 278 and my goal is to lose 8 pounds. I'm sidelined on exercise due to a small crack in my heel. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow. love💕 all my surgery siblings!

Favorite Social media app. I’m not sure if it’s my favorite but I use Twitter the most. I just have to monitor my blood pressure while reading! 😂

Pinterest is definitely a healthier choice.

And my favorite is this one, followed by Quora, Tried Facebook for a while, found it terribly childish with the Likes, no Likes, reminded me of a worse facet of puberty so left there. Might try one of the,others someday.

19 hours ago, ms.sss said:

well that was a pretty picture you just painted. you should be a writer (if you aren't already!)...

I am a writer! Technical writer, but still... :) Thank you so much!

Wow, today's is a challenge! Here are the 10 things I'll say about myself morning and night:

I love that:

1. I'm thoughtful and considerate of other people's needs and feelings

2. I'm a whiz with leftovers

3. I have freakishly strong legs

4. I'm a good listener

5. I put myself through college while working and taking a full course load

6. I'm kind to animals

7. I have a vivid imagination

8. I have the capability to express myself through writing, and sometimes even move other people

9. I'm open minded and tolerant

10. I gave myself the gift of WLS so that I could be the best version of myself, healthier and happier!