Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

Hello!
New to this app but excited to do the June challenge!

Surgery date: RNY 4/29/19
Goal #1: Make it below 200lbs
Goal #2: Establish a proper workout & eating routine now that I am back at work.

Let’s do this!

Thanks for starting this challenge @Cheeseburgh :)

I haven't participated for a few months, but will try to do as much as I can this month!

I'm 15 months post op. I've hit goal and have been in maintenance for about 5 months now.

Goal 1 - Maintain between 125-130 lbs

Goal 2 - Walk at least 1 mile a majority of days I am home

Goal 3 - Complete the Fitness Advents Skalendar

Day 1 - "How do you feel at the moment"

Overall really good. My personal life is in a pretty amazing place. The only thing really causing any anxiety right now is work. I have a lot going on, and it can feel overwhelming at times.

B-Side - Would/Could you ask for professional mental health help / therapy ? Or is the stigma still prevalent ?

I have spent time in therapy. I avoided it for years, despite knowing that because of some childhood issues, I probably needed it. I didn't avoid it because of any stigma, but because therapy is tough! A few years back I finally did enter therapy because events at the time brought the childhood stuff I had buried to the forefront of my everyday life. I'm glad I went, it helped me cope with that situation, and put some of the old stuff to rest. Maybe it's because I live in a progressive area, but I don't believe there is much or any stigma about taking care of one's mental health.

• Hello everyone, I didn't do well in the May challenge. I let work and personal issues get in the way. Ready for the June challenge!
  1. Goal #1. Get to my personal goal weight of 140. I've been at 144 for about 3 weeks now. I'm not going to stress over it. I had my employee physical a couple of weeks ago. I was within range for BP, waist circumference, glucose etc. I was pumped!! I haven't been in range for those goals in years! So I must be doing something right!🤣
  2. Goal #2. Increase my jogging to 4 times a week. Goal is to participate in a 5K run\walk before the summer is over.

Don't know how well Jumping Jacks are going to work for this Old Lady, only successful jump I have had recently is" Jumping to conclusions" and no, I still didn't get mental clarity! Dang It!

Hello! I'm a day late but here nonetheless. My surgery was 12/12/18 and I got a sleeve. Let's see, my number one goal is to be the best me I can be at any given moment in time and to keep growing as a person. My second goal is to keep going with this journey. Since I seem to be averaging about 8 lbs a month, I want to at least meet that but would, of course, prefer to exceed it.

Catching up: I just did the plank and the 20 jumping jacks. With the jumping jacks, I experienced a lot of me jumping along but not quite in sync. Not very comfortable that was for sure.

1. How do I feel in the moment...well this moment, I feel downright awesome and proud of myself.

2. I blew it before I began. I ate my Breakfast at the computer but at least I wasn't rushed.

B-side: Well, I am a therapist, I believe in therapy, I have had my own therapy and know that I would seek help if I needed it...it's actually harder for me these days because aren't I supposed to be an expert in everything? I do try to practice what I preach and a lot of my friends are therapists so that is a nice support. But yes, I would definitely seek it out as needed. I am also continually learning new and different ways to support mental health which usually benefits me as well as my clients.

Okay so I failed on the distraction free eating so far, but I’m going to make an effort for dinner.
For me May was a complete bust and I’m desperately hoping to get on track for June.
Was sleeved on 2/619, and I’ve lost 54 pounds since then, but I hit a 3 week stall in May and as a result lost 6.5 pounds in the entire month of May.
This is quite frankly pretty depressing as I’m still close to 50 pounds from goal weight.
I meet via phone with a therapist every other week and she’s about the only thing helping me not lose my cool right now.
I just got my 3 month post surgery labs ran so I’ll know in a few days where I am from an overall health point.

In this moment I’m pulling out all the stops desperately trying to ward off a sense of despondency. I keep telling myself that eventually my body has to start losing again.

I mean it will, won’t it?

Day 2 - eat all my meals distraction free.

Well, failed at the outset, as both breakfast and lunch are almost always eaten in the living room. BUT, tonight I'm going sit at the table with my family. They'll be having Pasta with meat sauce and garden salads. I'll be having tex-mex flavoured ground turkey with a teeny little bit of well cooked broccoli.

** note to self ** read tomorrow's challenge today so I can plan accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, DeeberLee said:
  • Hello everyone, I didn't do well in the May challenge. I let work and personal issues get in the way. Ready for the June challenge!
  1. Goal #1. Get to my personal goal weight of 140. I've been at 144 for about 3 weeks now. I'm not going to stress over it. I had my employee physical a couple of weeks ago. I was within range for BP, waist circumference, glucose etc. I was pumped!! I haven't been in range for those goals in years! So I must be doing something right!🤣
  2. Goal #2. Increase my jogging to 4 times a week. Goal is to participate in a 5K run\walk before the summer is over.

Are we twins?

Distraction free meals are a tough one for me. I did have company this weekend so I did eat at a table with no phone just people. I think that counts.

I did the jumping jacks and it felt weird, I haven’t done those in years. I skipped the gym this weekend, I’m glad I did, I feel ready to go back at it tomorrow morning. I stayed active and walked a lot so it’s all good.

mental health question. No qualms about getting help. I have ADHD and anxiety but both are under good control because I get help.

On 5/31/2019 at 10:32 PM, Cheeseburgh said:

Come and join the June challenge if you wish. Do as little or as much that works for you.

reposting to minimize scroll

00F29830-13D1-4FEC-8F32-DB270F24FB05.thumb.jpeg.0298ad8341b8c7edc3078d715d5bcdcf.jpeg

9D3ACB13-4049-45F5-A792-89001B9B49BC.jpeg

7 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Was sleeved on 2/619, and I’ve lost 54 pounds since then, but I hit a 3 week stall in May and as a result lost 6.5 pounds in the entire month of May. 

It’s normal, you will continue to lose. I was sleeved 8/13/18. I checked my numbers. At 4-5 months out I was losing 4-5 pounds a month. It feels slow but it does come off. And, congratulations on the 54, that is awesome.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Hello! I'm in for a challenge. This will get me motivated to work out more.

Goal #1 work out. Go hiking with my dogs. Try to get to the gym at least twice a week.

Goal #2 meditation. Good for the mind, body, and soul.

Welcome and hi all new people!

I’m so excited the scale FINALLY moved today. I feel like I have a pattern of a drop the first week of the month then I hover for a few weeks. It feels like my body adjusts to the new weight even longer now. (I have been a slow loser from month 2) I’m down 2 pounds and 1.4 pounds from goal number one. Hang in there all you slow losers and stallers!

Back to the gym today and including the core class.

I have to think about my ideal day would be, however starting out with a 2 lb weight loss might make the list!

What my ideal day looks like:

I wake up with ENERGY and not a bit sleepy. A bit before dawn so I can watch the sunrise. It's a beautiful cool day, probably fall. I go for a walk and don't see another soul and there are no cars about. Quiet so I can think. When I return home, I have a delicious breakfast -- a hearty quiche with veggies and cheese. Then I head to the beach for the morning with a good book. I read by the shoreline, taking breaks to swim or just watch the waves. For lunch, I meet some friends and we feast on crab legs and other good seafood. Conversation is lively and interesting. The afternoon is spent taking a boat ride out to a neighboring island, where we watch dolphins play and look for seashells. That night, there's a beach party with dancing. I go to bed tired but happy.