Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2019 challenge

Come and join the June challenge if you wish. Do as little or as much that works for you. Hopefully @GreenTealael will provide “B side questions “ if she has time.

Off we go!

Start by saying hi, surgery date (unless you are pre-op), type of surgery and state 1 or 2 goals you plan to accomplish this month. Goals don’t have to be weight or food related. Everyone is welcome to join at anytime, we are just supporting each other.00F29830-13D1-4FEC-8F32-DB270F24FB05.thumb.jpeg.0298ad8341b8c7edc3078d715d5bcdcf.jpeg

9D3ACB13-4049-45F5-A792-89001B9B49BC.jpeg

Edited by Cheeseburgh

9 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Come and join the June challenge if you wish. Do as little or as much that works for you. Hopefully @GreenTealael will provide “B side questions “ if she has time.

Off we go!

Start by saying hi, surgery date (unless you are pre-op), type of surgery and state 1 or 2 goals you plan to accomplish this month. Goals don’t have to be weight or food related. Everyone is welcome to join at anytime, we are just supporting each other.00F29830-13D1-4FEC-8F32-DB270F24FB05.thumb.jpeg.0298ad8341b8c7edc3078d715d5bcdcf.jpeg

9D3ACB13-4049-45F5-A792-89001B9B49BC.jpeg

💙💙💙I'm In!!! HAPPY JUNE EVERYONE!💙💙💙

#1 it is 8:30 AM on June the First. And am I mentally ready for a new month? Nope- it may be a new month but it seems like same old, same old. My right shoulder is c4amping pretty badly, this is from the surgery on April 4th, the one where I went to have my support hardware from my humerus FX 9 years ago removed, nobody warned me that my fat loss would occur in my upper arm alsom Well it got inflamed internally from things bring loose enough to rock back i& forth, Okay I went to surgical La La land thinking that was all being done. Woke up to find out my Orthopaedic, Dr Doolittle, who I normally like/respect had decided to repair my rotator cuff as well,,he rationalized" She's asleep anyway, I'll have to bring her back. in a couple months to repair it. While I have this lovely incision open,hmmmn!" The mental state I'm in today? Beset- upon!!! I also am fighting my obstitnate 💩. I spent last evening trying to get relief, oh some would pass, but I was trying so hard it was making me vomit also. A miserable time had by all, finally my son shows up with the liquid Ducolax- it says relief as soon as 30 minutes- as long as 6 hours. I didn't care but took a healthy dose followed by 8 oz Water in my usual 2 per drink, didn't want to lose the Ducolax. Well relief did not come to in a half-hour, hour, 2 hours so finally I rationalize maybe going to sleep would make everything relax, put on an adult pull-up just in case something started before I could travel to the Bathroom. Nope I awoke to no cramps, no extrusion, tried again, small amount came, not as painful,but still no sense of release and relief. 50-50 chance when my son arises we will take a little trip to the ER for my Milk and Molasses Enema. And no I do not find much enjoyment, but I have stayed away for a month, maybe they won't MIND as much as I WILL
And then perhaps my Sunny Disposition will return! Because basically I was looking forward to a New Month, New NSV, continuing weight loss and feeling good enough to mentor others instead of whining like a 🐕 left out in the cold. And if this is what I need done, there is always a Constipation thread or 2 to report back on, right?

Hi everyone!!

VSG 11/2017, BMI 27, 155lbs maintenance

Goal for this month is to lose 5lbs (very hard in maintenance 😳), walk more, enjoy the sunshine & family

6/1:

How do I feel at the moment?

Peaceful. Rested. Ready for drinks 😉... Tea coffee and maybe a smoothie. I had an allergic reaction to something that bit me yesterday (mosquito likely) so i had to take 2 Benadryl last night. I forget how strong the effect is.

Today is the Sabbath for me (Jew) and it will be sunny and then thunderstorms so i hope i can walk for a few minutes before the weather grows tempestuous.

Happy June Everyone!!!

Edited by GreenTealael

My first goal this month is to hit my first goal of 140. I’m 3-4 pounds away and it’s been slow but I’ll get there! My second goal is to find a healthy gym/workout balance. I tend to be gung-ho the first few months and then burn out. I’m very aware of that and want to avoid that pitfall. I had sleeve surgery 8/18.

I feel optimistic today. We have family coming for the weekend and I’m excited to hang out with them.

Going to take a long walk today, and do a plank the best I can.

Good morning everyone! Happy June!

Surgery: RNY, May 16, 2019

Goal #1: To get back to regular walking/nordic pole walking 6 days a week, 5km per day, by the end of the month.

Goal #2: To feel comfortable eating at the table with my family again. I've been eating separately from them since my liquid diet began because it's been too much of a challenge to be around while they're eating real food.< br>
No weight related goals as I don't really know what to expect this early out from surgery. And I know my 3 week stall is looming.

Day 1: How do I feel at the moment? Emotionally, I think I'm in an okay place right now. No buyers remorse, no new stress, and I'm very pleased with where I'm at right now. Physically, I'm still nursing a wicked cold which is adding to my fatigue.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

25 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

Physically, I'm still nursing a wicked cold which is adding to my fatigue

💙💙💙💙💙💙Get Well Soon💙💙💙💙💙💙

38 minutes ago, Cheeseburgh said:

My first goal this month is to hit my first goal of 140. I’m 3-4 pounds away and it’s been slow but I’ll get there! My second goal is to find a healthy gym/workout balance. I tend to be gung-ho the first few months and then burn out. I’m very aware of that and want to avoid that pitfall. I had sleeve surgery 8/18.

I feel optimistic today. We have family coming for the weekend and I’m excited to hang out with them.

Going to take a long walk today, and do a plank the best I can.

Have a blast!!!

Goal # 1 - To be more forgiving of myself and try to move past some of the 'old stuff' that's coming up as a result of weight loss and then let it go... for good.

Goal # 2 - Find a therapist.

How am I feeling at the moment? - I feel a bit bruised emotionally. Last night was not great - was faced with old feelings of self loathing, but I'm able to identify it better now. I was able to take myself off to bed and realise that what I was doing was serving no purpose. It's just an old habit that needs to be broken. I have chosen to forgive myself and move on.

B-side... Seeking help for my mental health.

Yup, I've done it (prior to my experience at the bariatric clinic) and I'd do it again. That said, I think there is still a stigma around it. I know when I told people that I was having appointments with the mental health department with my clinic, some people would give me a bit of side eye.

I'm here. I can not do some of these exercises, but can supplement them with something else. I just hit 60 lbs this morning and weigh 278. I hope to lose 10 pounds this month, but would be happy with half of that.

Mow that I've lost a good bit I'm motivated to walk everyday. Before I would never go out and walk. I'm working myself up to have the courage to walk by myself.

My mental healh today is fabulous! I feel so good! Today I will do 10,000 steps as I can't do a plank.

B side - Mental health not good. Dealing with a child who has autism and a husband who sleeps in bed on Saturdays till 1.30pm is just too much for me right now along with trying to take care of myself. I feel like a pressure cooker about to explode.

Hi, everybody! I fell off the wagon on the May challenge but I'm back for June. :) I'm almost 11 months post-op, 165 pounds, 28 BMI and shooting for 140. My goal for June is to reach 160.

I'm so excited for June's challenge and the focus on mental health!

B-side: I was diagnosed with depression in 2008 and my therapist (and later, also a psychiatrist) became very important to me. I had suicidal ideation at one time and my therapist absolutely helped me get through that. I am an open book, and I have never shied away from talking about my mental health or that I see two! professionals to deal with it. There is still such a stigma (especially in the South, where I live) around seeing a mental health professional. When my father-in-law died, I asked my mother-in-law if she wanted the name of my therapist and she told me, "I'm not weak minded." Well, neither am I. In fact, I'm stronger BECAUSE I see someone who can help me understand the issues I'm facing and grow as a person. I see seeing a mental health professional like utilizing a personal trainer -- sure, you can go it alone, but even just a few sessions with an expert can make all the difference in your journey.

I am thrilled to say that my depression is in remission (WLS being a big part of that) and I'm now weaning off my antidepressants. But I'll still continue to see my therapist because there are several issues I want to continue to work on.

6 hours ago, froufrou said:

B side - Mental health not good. Dealing with a child who has autism and a husband who sleeps in bed on Saturdays till 1.30pm is just too much for me right now along with trying to take care of myself. I feel like a pressure cooker about to explode.

I'm so sorry. That is a lot to deal with and try to take care of yourself, too. Sending you internet hugs.