Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many laproscopic holes?

I thought that the GBP would entail 5-6 entry points, but I only have 4. Does anyone else have that as well? Anyone know why?

I have 5. And they are barely visible. I was shocked when at how small the incisions were.

I have 5 as well. One teeny one under my sternum, and four across my belly. Three of them on my belly are about an inch wide and the one on the far left is about half an inch (but with the most bruising.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

I have 6, but had a hernia repair. The extra one is up by my breastbone.

I had 6, the small under- sternum is the only still visible, because that area was the only place not stretch-marked, 2 on the right, 2 on the left, and one in my navel. 38 years ago they had used my navel as an entry port for my tubal litigation, that was on the bottom, so Dr Needleman used the top, for a while it looked like the scars were kissing. But the 4 abdominal, unless you are a Laprascopic surgery vet and know where to look, they have faded into the multiple stretch marks. And even brand-new they were tiny, believe my surgeon could have been a plastic surgeon had he so desired. Really didn't have to make them so nice, could have done a lot bigger sizes, not like they would ever see the light of day, yee gads, I'm well over 70 after all. So 9 months later it's like I never had abdominal wounds at all. Wish the surgical dude that took my Gall Bladder and Appendix in 1982 had been that meticulous, left me with a big honking Right Paramedian scar from the Open Surgery. So I would have been one of the only people who would not have minded another open incision and the ensuing scar. And I told him so prior to my surgery. I actually had Dr N silent for a couple seconds. Told him I would not mind "open", he said "Do you know how long it takes for an Open Abdominal incision to heal?" I flipped up my shirt, showed him the scar I was left with, he chuckled and said " Point Taken, that's pretty big!" But I received that surgery. in the Bad Old Days when laprascopes were not universally used. And if finally if they do have to do exterior repair of my pouch and ulcerated jejunem,which I think still could happen, only way out is a Sterling report on my June 12th endoscopy. This I don't think it is going to be, still have abiding pain in my pouch and frequent twinging spasms in the right subcostal where Dr Noria said I would feel ulcer pain. And food does not alleviate the pouch pain, only thing that helped other night was sipping on 1% milk. Now I don't mind doing it if it truly is beneficial. But IDK if I am ever going to be quite right, feel discouraged, maybe I will be a Gastrointestinal Cripple for life? Oh I do appreciate the 111 pounds down since surgery and the 164 since my high weight, and Very Close to Onderland, but is the Trade-off worth it, when I have had Iron INFUSION, anti- osteoporosis INFUSION which will be yearly, I should be due for another iron in June but nobody has ordered blood labs unless they. go ahead and do them before my endoscopy? Mrs Gamgee and the rest of you, if you have a spare moment for🙏 prayer I think it might be useful.

I have one itsy bitsy one on my sternum and five others on my belly. The 5 are about an inch or so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had 3 on my lower stomach under my belly button, one on my right side, and 2 on the left. Total of 6 holes.

I have 5

13 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I'm well over 70 after all.

Thanks so much for posting your experiences. It really gives me a good perspective of this journey. Sorry to hear that the surgery didnt go as standard. We always hear about the successes, but it's the mistakes we learn the most from. So your post is very important. Thanks.

Ok, if everyone else has 5 and I have 4...where did the last one go?

It just depends on the technique your surgeon uses.

Check your navel, I had one there. Otherwise I know of some surgeons who perform with a single teeny incision, so maybe you were carrying a less thick internal fat pad, didn't have to look around so many angles, so he condensed down to 4. I actually heard of somebody with 3 , 1 right below the breast bone, that was liver-retractor,1 in navel, and the remaining on left side about half-way down, a biggish one that he pulled her stomach remnant out because she has now a sleeve. Wish they had filmed it and put it on You-Tube, I would have liked to see his logistics, either he had a robot's help or he was as coordinated and stretchy as Plasticman. Anyhoo she seemed to recover fine, and she had plans once she totally healed. Since she already was a Painted lady elsewhere, The top one would be a flower, maybe a Rosebud, the naval ringed and the left one with ivy leaves around it, I think she may have more money than good sense but she has a tattoo artist who already agreed to do it. Oh well, it's her body and her canvas, whatever" floats her boat🚤"!