Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Days Post Op - Ate Cottage Cheese

Are you still pre-op? LOL. That's what it says in your profile.

Had surgery on 12/14/18. Almost 6 months post op. I didnt even know I set up a profile as I use Tapatalk. I don’t usually bother with that kind of stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Purpledva said:

Jan,

You are so brave. I am only into day 4 of my liquid diet and I am ready to cook the air.😂

I could only wish that I could have Soup right now. Keep us posted as to how you are feeling later on.

Purple, it's been like five hours and fine. :) Why no Soup for you? Are you still Clear Liquids? ? My dr was creamy Soups on day 1 (though I didn't want them so I stuck to clear until like day 3)

Purple, it's been like five hours and fine. [emoji4] Why no Soup for you? Are you still Clear Liquids? ? My dr was creamy Soups on day 1 (though I didn't want them so I stuck to clear until like day 3)
My doctor said stick to the Protein Shakes and Water and then broth, decaffeinated tea or coffee the day before surgery. So I am going to do what he says. I don't want to f@#k up my success with the surgery. [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, Purpledva said:

My doctor said stick to the Protein Shakes and Water and then broth, decaffeinated tea or coffee the day before surgery. So I am going to do what he says. I don't want to f@#k up my success with the surgery.

Oh of course! I was thinking you were well into post op! Is your surgery date coming up soon?

Oh of course! I was thinking you were well into post op! Is your surgery date coming up soon?
My surgery date is Monday, June 3rd [emoji15]

20 minutes ago, Sonya Ru said:

Great response. Why eff it up. Now I know its hard but God be with me after my surgery. I want to follow the rules PER RI ODDD!

Sonya, ikr☺️

I am 10 days post op and was placed on stage 2 immediately after being discharge on day 1. I had cottage cheese (less than 1 oz) on day 3. I chewed well and took tiny bites, and it settled well. I had to burp a lot after, but no discomfort or pain. I was relieved! I've been eating Jello-O, broth, Soups, and cottage cheese most days. MY doctor said I can eat anything my little pouch likes--including spicy food. So I add lime juice and hot sauce to all of my broths and soups and thankfully it settles well too.

All of that to say, I'm with Sonya on this too! FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S PLAN. If you're not sure, CALL THEM, EMAIL THEM, BUG THEM...that's what they're here for. Don't be afraid, just follow the plan, communicate and explore to find out what works for YOU. :)

15 hours ago, JanJan19 said:

I'm 7 days post op & I just ate 2 oz of cottage cheese. *side eyes myself* Except it went down just fine & I'm going to punch myself in the face & throw up if I have to eat another sip of Soup. Am I the only one who's cheated post op & should I expect to die in an hour or two? (kidding) I'm not even craving bad things, I just cannot take Soup or Protein Shakes. CANNOT.

What did you have with the cottage cheese? fruit puree? Spices? Steak?... 😂

You'll *likely* survive this snaccident

but be careful accelerating your plan without advisement

3 hours ago, ResilientOne said:

I am 10 days post op and was placed on stage 2 immediately after being discharge on day 1. I had cottage cheese (less than 1 oz) on day 3. I chewed well and took tiny bites, and it settled well. I had to burp a lot after, but no discomfort or pain. I was relieved! I've been eating Jello-O, broth, Soups, and cottage cheese most days. MY doctor said I can eat anything my little pouch likes--including spicy food. So I add lime juice and hot sauce to all of my broths and Soups and thankfully it settles well too.

All of that to say, I'm with Sonya on this too! FOLLOW YOUR DOCTOR'S PLAN. If you're not sure, CALL THEM, EMAIL THEM, BUG THEM...that's what they're here for. Don't be afraid, just follow the plan, communicate and explore to find out what works for YOU. :)

With all due respect. You are a gastric bypass. The OP is a VSG. From my observation in the US, most VSG patients have a MUCH longer time on liquids and purees than us bypassers.

Thinking of baked non-breaded Tilapia, maybe some Lemon-Pepper Mrs Dash at the end. No problem giving up Tarter Sauce, never cared THAT MUCH for it, and remember mine is the weird hospital that says "No Pickles in Any Form " why is this? Maybe the fear it will stop up my strictured stoma? Otherwise IDK!

Just now, Frustr8 said:

Thinking of baked non-breaded Tilapia, maybe some Lemon-Pepper Mrs Dash at the end. No problem giving up Tarter Sauce, never cared THAT MUCH for it, and remember mine is the weird hospital that says "No Pickles in Any Form " why is this? Maybe the fear it will stop up my strictured stoma? Otherwise IDK!

OP IS 7 DAYS POST OP VSG...bad advice!

Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it. You're still healing. Follow the doctors' orders.

I totally understand this. In my preop meeting one of the nurses said they may advance from full liquid to soft stage if you are doing well. So I go in to my 7 day appointment fully expecting to be advanced because I could keep all liquids down and had zero problems. I almost cried when they told me 8 more days of full liquids. It was brutal but I did it because I did not want to explain to them if I developed pain that I had been eating. Just an FYI, I am one month post op and can go to regular food tomorrow but developed pain with eating. So just because you rock liquids doesn’t mean you will tolerate the next stage. I’m glad I stuck with the time period because I don’t have to worry I damaged something by eating early. Oh yea, I was ok’ed for coffee as long as I could get all 64 Oz of Water and my Protein in

I totally understand this. In my preop meeting one of the nurses said they may advance from full liquid to soft stage if you are doing well. So I go in to my 7 day appointment fully expecting to be advanced because I could keep all liquids down and had zero problems. I almost cried when they told me 8 more days of full liquids. It was brutal but I did it because I did not want to explain to them if I developed pain that I had been eating. Just an FYI, I am one month post op and can go to regular food tomorrow but developed pain with eating. So just because you rock liquids doesn’t mean you will tolerate the next stage. I’m glad I stuck with the time period because I don’t have to worry I damaged something by eating early. Oh yea, I was ok’ed for coffee as long as I could get all 64 Oz of Water and my Protein in
49Nash,
I am so proud of you.
You get to have [emoji478] and some real food(sigh).
If I look at another Protein Shake I will lose IT!
Just playing. I'm day 5 in this thing we call liquid diet and would [emoji171] some Soup right about now. But surgery is Monday, June 3rd. So I gotta cool it. [emoji57]