Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No, I had liquids for 2-3 weeks, then soft foods for two weeks, then solids. But each surgeon is different.

Each surgeon is different. There have been posters with faster than average progression through the stages, and had no issues.

Not on my particular plan, I was testing solids at 1-1.5 months

But if yours deems it possible and you're nervous you can try taking it slow, only try approved foods one at a time, eat very moist solids, chewing to mush and stopping if you sense a problem.

Double check with your Team to make sure it wasn't a misprint, typo or miscommunication.

Good luck 💙

Edited by GreenTealael

I had Clear Liquids for week 1, full liquids for week 2, pureed for week 3, soft foods week 4.

I stayed on soft foods for longer than a week, mostly out of fear. I don't think I had raw vegetables for at least 2 months because I was still learning and had had a couple of bad experiences where I'd eaten too fast/too much/didn't chew well enough/etc.

Take it slow, chew well, introduce new foods one at a time so you'll know what works/what doesn't. There's nothing wrong with progressing slower than your surgeon recommends, but I agree with GreenTealael above. When in doubt, contact your surgical team to verify.

I had liquids for 2 weeks after then puree for 2 weeks after.. then soft for 2 weeks and the 4th set of two weeks was solids.

Our plan was for liquids, mushes, purees and soft Proteins like fish. eggs, Beans, etc. from the hospital on out for the first month, and then everything else after that. The primary rule was to try new foods one at a time to test for tolerance and if a small amount went down OK, then great; if not, go back to known foods and try it again in a week or two.

You likely won't be doing much solid food yet as Protein still is a priority and you probably can't get enough protein with solid food yet, so there will still be a lot of Protein Shakes, yogurt, etc for a while as you experiment with more advanced foods. Some people will be able to progress more quickly than others - that would be normal so don't worry if you can't take some things yet.

no puree stage for me. straight to soft. but i feel like if you chew the hell out of a flip flop you could get that down also. for me it wasnt so much what consistency something was so much as im gonna jus try a little bit of whatever it is to see if i can keep it down. if i can then id just chew the crap out of it and add it to the list.