Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was able to eat raw veggies/salad at 6 weeks BUT....I didn't really eat them regularly until 8-10 weeks- somewhere in there. Regularly meaning, a few slices of cucumber or red pepper and a few pieces of chopped up romaine some days. I have had a small salad with just a few ingredients also occassionally. I want to get to the point of eating one daily but just not yet. I have a harder time with Proteins than veggies- except a few veggies I cannot tolerate at all yet. Just take things slowly and try one thing at a time when you are ready. Best of luck!

I really kinda miss them. My Grandma Ada, Daddy's Mama, had her own " house" garden as well as the Great Big one where sh3 grew the crops like Sweet Corn, Potatoes, Beans and melons. Just because I loathe Melons did not mean the family declared a moratorium on the nasty old stuff.
Anyway I have no clue what "greens" were in it but she would go out, pick an healthy bowl full, make a dressing out of olive oil, Apple cider vinegar, a pinch,of sugar or honey if she had it, usually did, a little bacon or bacon fat, warm it up enough to gently wilt the greens, sometimes that was the bulk of our lunch. Might slice some hard-boiled egg on top, still had her own chickens. Remember the co-op was behind a porch-type big swing , I would swing and talk to the chickens. Yeah, I was my own woman, even as a miniFrustr8, I talked to chickens. Did it help? IDK but it didn't seem to slow down the egg production any!
Funny isn't it, that I remember how good it all tasted this Fat down the line?

On 05/29/2019 at 02:31, Peachgodd said:

My Bariatric Surgery Book (written/given to me by my surgeon and nutritionist) says that I can eat that one week after my surgery. I had my VSG Surgery on 5/13/19 and have been been eating all of those veggies and fruits since 5/20/19. Everything has gone smoothly for me so far. 👍🏻

Omg really?!?!? 1 week?!?! I'm still on liquids &3 weeks later pureed foods so still not solids. I thought it was cause your stomach couldn't handle it??? How did your pouch respond?

My stomach has been perfectly fine! I feel great 😊 (Just as a side note, I had VSG)

Oh I wish I had a cast Iron tummy but I guess we do the best we can with what we are given.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:10 AM, Ruby Hernandez said:
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:02 PM, MrsGamgee said:

So at about what point are we able to eat things like cucumbers, tomatoes, or raw zucchini? Of course with the understanding that everyone's tolerance is different.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

My Bariatric Surgery Book (written/given to me by my surgeon and nutritionist) says that I can eat that one week after my surgery. I had my VSG Surgery on 5/13/19 and have been been eating all of those veggies and fruits since 5/20/19. Everything has gone smoothly for me so far. 👍🏻

that is kind of scary to me, given the ease with which the sleeve can be damaged during healing.

On 05/30/2019 at 16:57, Avery's Mom said:

that is kind of scary to me, given the ease with which the sleeve can be damaged during healing.

All of the veggies I have eaten are cooked until they’re soft, so everything has been perfectly fine. My program is okay with it and my body has gladly welcomed all of the food as well. 😊

Scary to me too.. but shes fine and I'm sure her doc has done tons of procedures. My doc is super strict I'm on liquids for 3 weeks then pureed for another 3 weeks.

Then soft food for 3 weeks.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:31 PM, Peachgodd said:

Omg really?!?!? 1 week?!?! I'm still on liquids &3 weeks later pureed foods so still not solids. I thought it was cause your stomach couldn't handle it??? How did your pouch respond?

Same! I am four weeks out and I just started soft foods, let alone salad on week 2? Why are there so many discrepancies depending on the Drs. Is makes it very confusing because then how do you know what is right?

On 5/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, ms.sss said:

Everyone is different and so are their prescribed plans :) I was able (and allowed) to eat salad after 1 month.

Me2! I did great with it. I have at least 1 salad per day and had them routinely from week4 on.

After having all the issues I did with the Lapband I have decided to eat carefully, I hate throwing up, did my share with the band. I got on the soft menu and stayed with the soft diet for almost 6 weeks. I do tuna, roasted chicken, cottage cheese which you can drizzle Salad Dressing on, and I am slowly adding a different Protein. I had Goulash Soup this weekend which was mostly beef. I figure I have lots of time to add things. So far no sickness and only a good journey.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:02 PM, MrsGamgee said:

So at about what point are we able to eat things like cucumbers, tomatoes, or raw zucchini? Of course with the understanding that everyone's tolerance is different.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

I can eat tomatoes already, and cucumbers (easier without the skins). Haven't tried the harder veggies yet. I am 1 month post op (4 1/2 weeks)

I love salad and the texture isn’t an issue for me but it was the first and I believe only thing to come back up since surgery. I have a huge sensitivity to strong flavors and smells like garlic now. And oil. Anything oily makes me super nauseous so a little light French is my normal go to. Which is weird bc I’ve always been an Italian lover but not anymore.