Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constipation Again

I am so sick of being sick with Constipation. I had stalled so upped my Protein again. That worked but found that is what gives us constipation. Drank half bottle of magnesium citrate, took some Miralax and may have to have a couple more doses of Miralax before the day is over. Yes have been taking Fiber too! This is getting old for sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

How is your fiber intake. Benefiber powder and fiber well gummies daily plus 1/2 dose miralax help me. I do at least 14 gr fiber a day

I use Colace

3 hours ago, TracyS said:

I am so sick of being sick with Constipation. I had stalled so upped my Protein again. That worked but found that is what gives us constipation. Drank half bottle of magnesium citrate, took some Miralax and may have to have a couple more doses of Miralax before the day is over. Yes have been taking Fiber too! This is getting old for sure.

girl same but once i upped my veggies things got much better!!

girl same but once i upped my veggie intake things got alot better

I am right there with you. I cannot wait until I’m cleared for veggies.

1 hour ago, Sbetsy said:

What kind and how much a day?

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, TracyS said:

get used to it. you will now have it the rest of your life. 1 tsp of miralax every other day is my key!

Mine is bad enough I am on Miralax 2 times daily, and I take some Iron you can about figure the shade, but it is soft and can be pushed out, anything that keeps me from the Milk and Molasses Enemas, I do favor. Oh the episode was not THAT Bad, but the embarrassment to be a little Old Lady full of S***, and wouldn't you know my Cousin Randy happened be on duty. The price I pay for being related to people in this county (KNOX) and the 5 surrounding counties. I never realized we are becoming a little overbred around here. One family, the Davises, I am related to on the Mother's side and they were related to ,,, my late husband on the Fathers side. So I guess even though late hubby and I weren't related, those people were our " double Cousins". But Randy is really mine, his great- grandfather and my great- grandmother were brother and sister, so we go to the same reunions, when we go. One coming up in July, guess I'll pack a Protein Shake or 2 and go! Should be at a Family Campground in Morrow county, NW of here.
He's a Physican Assistant, didn't miss the chance to razz me a little but he did not give me the enema. Thank goodness!

And curled up around the Wastebasket again, every time this evening I try to do #2 I get nauseous, upchucked a couple times from the emotional and physical strains Son is waving the bottle of Ducolax at me, if things return to calmness maybe I can take a dose. Says it will work 30 minutes to 6 hours, pretty big window, isn't it?
I suspect I will be going for another Milk and Molasses Enema tomorrow if things do not pass on the their own.
Please Ducolax, Milk of Magnesia, benefiber, Miralax, one of you guys got to work, I am on the edge of miserable tonight. Managed to still make Tomkitten food in between Bathroom visits, oh I may have to sit in the living room, going to be too hard to crawl in and out of bed,if the stuff does what' it is billed for . Oh me, oh my!💩that must be the Poo I am chasing. Knew it had to be somewhere around here.

And this morning I am recovering from the elusive Poo💩. Well I took some Ducolax liquid last weekend, the 1/2 hour to 6 hours variety,took 12t hours before it kicked in and worked. Do I have a weird colon or what? When I went to ER on the First, their assesment was ileitis. Now my Worry Machine has started firing. Could this mean I'm starting into IBS or Crohns? Wouldn't that be just the. way MY LIFE would go! I read of all the Bari- pals dropping HB meds, Diabetes meds, dicontinuing their C-paps. Meanwhile here I am, every. time I have a test I seem to have a "hidden detremint" something besides what I was tested for. Am I breaking down or is it merely that I am just finding out about these things now and I might have had it all along?
Well yesterday my 💩wagon seemed to have derailed again, okay Do I want to drag myself to local ER once again? Well the liquid Ducolax was sluggish last time, I have some generic Docolax pills , says Equate Women's Laxative, comes in a pretty pink box. Well it says" one or 2 pills for relief" I'm still a big girl, ready to tumble into Onederland, so I took 2. Note To Self- "Do Not Do that again!" it waited until 6 this morning, headed there, started to sit down and it came Sailing Right out! Like a Shart on Steroids, all over my PJ top, the seat and up my back more than down my legs! Have not rationalized That One! So stripped down and tryed to clean myself with Baby wipes, and all it kept doing was leave me looking like I had been painted with thin charcoal paint! And the smell- something had to have crawled up my rectum and died a Slow Painful Death! So jumped in the shower and scrubbed and scrubbed. And what I had been wearing went into the washer. An hour-and -half I did it again, another outfit into the washer, still got my tail of top soiled with the nasty green-black stuff . But the time things settled down, which I pray they have, between the clothing, towels and washclothes, there was full load, didn't want my son to smell that odor, shoot I didn't. even want to smell it although it was my own!
So from now on, 1 pill if I need it again. I learned my lesson pretty forcefully, score is 💩5 Frustr8 nil.

4 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

And this morning I am recovering from the elusive Poo💩. Well I took some Ducolax liquid last weekend, the 1/2 hour to 6 hours variety,took 12t hours before it kicked in and worked. Do I have a weird colon or what? When I went to ER on the First, their assesment was ileitis. Now my Worry Machine has started firing. Could this mean I'm starting into IBS or Crohns? Wouldn't that be just the. way MY LIFE would go! I read of all the Bari- pals dropping HB meds, Diabetes meds, dicontinuing their C-paps. Meanwhile here I am, every. time I have a test I seem to have a "hidden detremint" something besides what I was tested for. Am I breaking down or is it merely that I am just finding out about these things now and I might have had it all along?
Well yesterday my 💩wagon seemed to have derailed again, okay Do I want to drag myself to local ER once again? Well the liquid Ducolax was sluggish last time, I have some generic Docolax pills , says Equate Women's Laxative, comes in a pretty pink box. Well it says" one or 2 pills for relief" I'm still a big girl, ready to tumble into Onederland, so I took 2. Note To Self- "Do Not Do that again!" it waited until 6 this morning, headed there, started to sit down and it came Sailing Right out! Like a Shart on Steroids, all over my PJ top, the seat and up my back more than down my legs! Have not rationalized That One! So stripped down and tryed to clean myself with Baby wipes, and all it kept doing was leave me looking like I had been painted with thin charcoal paint! And the smell- something had to have crawled up my rectum and died a Slow Painful Death! So jumped in the shower and scrubbed and scrubbed. And what I had been wearing went into the washer. An hour-and -half I did it again, another outfit into the washer, still got my tail of top soiled with the nasty green-black stuff . But the time things settled down, which I pray they have, between the clothing, towels and washclothes, there was full load, didn't want my son to smell that odor, shoot I didn't. even want to smell it although it was my own!
So from now on, 1 pill if I need it again. I learned my lesson pretty forcefully, score is 💩5 Frustr8 nil.

Again putting a tablespoon of combo chia seed and flax seed in with quarter cup of oatmeal and a scoop of Protein Powder has made all the difference and I have Crohns disease.

On 5/27/2019 at 6:13 PM, Sbetsy said:

What kind and how much a day?

On 5/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, TracyS said:

In between my meal I have small Snacks of fruit like melons and pineapple and veggies to help me go. It's a natural way to consume fiber and enjoy it too.

On 5/27/2019 at 5:50 PM, TracyS said:

I take 12 grams of Prebiotic fiber a day. I also deal with Crohns disease.

How has your Crohns disease been since having your surgery?