Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric surgery was a big mistake

I think it would be helpful to seek professional help at this point. It just seems as if you needed the bypass you weren't loosing weight by yourself &couldnt. You must see what you GAINED and not what's lost which seems to be alot of grief about food(which clearly was your issue to begin with)

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

First, If your story is real, and you are not a troll,
please get help. You are dealing with some deep seated mental health issues that need professional help.
Second, if you are a troll,
please get help. You are dealing with some deep seated mental health issues that need professional help.
Either way I wish you healing and peace. :784_peace:
Cut throat as hell lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

First, If your story is real, and you are not a troll,
Second, if you are a troll,
Either way I wish you healing and peace. :784_peace:
On the subject of possible trolls, it is curious that OP's screen name is Alvinchicago, which sounds like a male, yet she refers to herself as a woman. I'm not convinced this post is real...

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, Briswife15 said:

On the subject of possible trolls, it is curious that OP's screen name is Alvinchicago, which sounds like a male, yet she refers to herself as a woman. I'm not convinced this post is real...

The OP changed their user name, at the time of posting the original post the user name was Marie Marie.

The OP changed their user name, at the time of posting the original post the user name was Marie Marie.

How did you find that?

1 hour ago, Hop_Scotch said:

Yep, I remember this post from yesterday. The OP’s name was indeed Marie Marie at the time.

You can go back into the past by using your Magnifying glass up on the right side banner. Type in MarieMarie and see if it doesn't sound familiar. That's how I find past things, I believe Fluffy Chix calls it "Necroposting".

If you were trying to warn people off bariatric surgery with this post I think you've done the opposite. For starters, I'm not even sure you're real. Second, if you got a major surgery such as this without doing any research... that's on you.

Six food trucks and there was NOTHING you could eat? You sound like you're purposely being difficult because you're so angry. There were no hot dogs? Pull it off the bun and eat half. No big deal. A taco truck? Eat the meat & cheese, skip the shell. You are being purposely difficult in some attempt to punish everyone for your anger.

Mother's Day - you couldn't go out for Breakfast? Why on earth not? Assuming you were 4 weeks post op by then you could have ordered scrambled eggs with cheese and a side of cottage cheese instead of hash browns. IF the point of the holiday was to spend it with loved ones, that's what you do. If you're so mortified by the waitress asking if you enjoyed your meal ask for a to-go box the moment they set it down and pack up what you won't eat.

You look like a fool carrying a water bottle - are you serious with this? American's have a drink in hand ALL THE TIME. Soda, coffee cups, frap cups. People are constantly walking around with drinks.

Im not sure if I hope you're real or not. If you're not real, you are a real sad individual to come on here and troll people trying to improve their lives. Get a new hobby. If you are real... please get help. For the sake of your family, please.

On 05/28/2019 at 10:37, JanJan19 said:

If you were trying to warn people off bariatric surgery with this post I think you've done the opposite. For starters, I'm not even sure you're real. Second, if you got a major surgery such as this without doing any research... that's on you.

Six food trucks and there was NOTHING you could eat? You sound like you're purposely being difficult because you're so angry. There were no hot dogs? Pull it off the bun and eat half. No big deal. A taco truck? Eat the meat & cheese, skip the shell. You are being purposely difficult in some attempt to punish everyone for your anger.

Mother's Day - you couldn't go out for Breakfast? Why on earth not? Assuming you were 4 weeks post op by then you could have ordered scrambled eggs with cheese and a side of cottage cheese instead of hash browns. IF the point of the holiday was to spend it with loved ones, that's what you do. If you're so mortified by the waitress asking if you enjoyed your meal ask for a to-go box the moment they set it down and pack up what you won't eat.

You look like a fool carrying a Water bottle - are you serious with this? American's have a drink in hand ALL THE TIME. Soda, coffee cups, frap cups. People are constantly walking around with drinks.

Im not sure if I hope you're real or not. If you're not real, you are a real sad individual to come on here and troll people trying to improve their lives. Get a new hobby. If you are real... please get help. For the sake of your family, please.

All of this!

Let me say first that if anybody goes into this with the attitude that nothing food-related will change in their lives then they have nobody but themselves to blame.
The whole point is to change your relationship with food and make different choices and this surgery is but one single tool (albeit a very important one) in the toolbox.

I went to a wedding out of town 16 days post op and was able to make it work with packets of Protein Shakes, milk, and yes....... loads and loads of Water. I carried around a water bottle into the church with me and wasn’t one bit embarrassed.
Since my surgery on 2/6 this year, I’ve worked Mother’s Day. I’ve worked Memorial Day. I even worked through multiple family bdays. I would’ve given anything not to work those days and have the freedom to have angsted about food I didn’t get to eat, but instead I put on my big girl pants and went to work!
But here are the things I do when I’m NOT at work:
I get some kind of exercise daily. I journal. I check over my goals and adjust/tweak whenever I’m not on target. I ENJOY the lighter, fitter, healthier me. I plan future days off and schedule in some “fun” time throughout every week.

Gotta be honest: the month of May completely sucked for me. I hit the 3 month stall hard-core and I’m still foundering around trying to get my body to start losing again after gaining 1.2 pounds over the last 3 weeks. I have lost a total of a couple inches so it hasn’t been a complete bust.
I’ve gone from feeling like a complete diet failure on some days to taking a deep breath and embracing the stall and pushing forward because going back to what I was is not an option.
One thing for certain is even on my worst days, I do not regret this decision for even one second.

If you are indeed not a troll, I cannot suggest strongly enough to seek professional help.
The kind of anger that you’re describing runs so much deeper than what your stomach can and cannot hold.
Eating small amounts of healthy nutritious food without being hungry all of the time is a complete joy in my life and I’m thankful every single day I made this choice to give myself a longer, healthier, and happier life.

Wow. OK. Well. I had the bypass 5 months ago and I am not struggling. I dont look like an idiot. I eat with my family. I take my Vitamins and drink my Water and I dont carry a bottle everywhere. I just drink it at home. Fill 2 32 oz bottles a day and make sure theyre gone. I had a cheeseburger and macaroni salad yesterday, yes they were very small portions but who cares? You dont need to eat a big plate full of food to enjoy it. My life is almost the same as it was before my gastric bypass surgery except now I'm nearly 50 pounds lighter. This was definitely not a mistake for me.

Where did you get surgery done? I’m well aware of everything you are talking about. I will say this. My choice is being 69 years old and dying from kidney failure and heart failure like the rest of my family or eat small portions and carry Water around. Boo hoo. I will take the after surgery than due a miserable slow death like my mother. I suggest you go talk to a therapist or you should have had proper classes and program before hand. They can unhook it and put your sick stomach back. Look into it. You shouldn’t get on her with your negativity. This is your fault. Not the dr.

Terrible attitude. With that attitude you will definitely fail. Dig deeper.

8 hours ago, Briswife15 said:

How did you find that?

I saw the post before the name had been changed, but also, if you go back and look where before had quoted the post before the name change, the name shown is the old name.

Seems to me you never did your research.FYI I know 5 People who have had the bypass and all have gone back to regular eating.All 5 wish they had the Sleeve .I suggest seeing a psychiatrist.

Went back to Eating past RNY? Don't know how, I can't even eat with it and it's been nigh onto 9 months NOW! Oh Give Me A Break,i do not SEE👀how THAT could ever happen!