Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My team doesn't tell me anything but other people on this site said they didn't lose but the studies say you will

Sent from my LGLS991 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, I am a person who does alot of research and questioning. My new doc? He has spent more time than my first. I realize the pros, cons and risks. I am just happy to have medical hope. GERD can be just as deadly as being fat, no exercise, having various health problems and general excuses. I have never been a person who needed approval. Fat or small I love all of me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 06/06/2019 at 13:20, SeattleLady said:

So what is your team telling you?

I was revised to RnY on Tuesday (from VSG) my team said their revision patients have all been successful in loss. They did remind me I’m 80# less than when I started last time and went from a BMI of 52-39, so I will lose but the amounts will be less but percentage wise they should even out.

Chances are that the Gerd would not resolve and being a single parent I don't have the luxury for being down for too long
Also there has been a study that shows without the revision the hernia will return in 2-3 years

I had Severe GERD before my sleeve and a hernia repair when my sleeve was done..
Within 2 months my hernia came back and my GERD has gotten far worse than I ever imagined.
I am absolutely miserable and I'm taking 10 pills a day and zofran and GI COCKTAIL every day as opposed to 2 pills and occasionally zofran b4 sleeve.
I'm waiting for approval from my insurance companies to get approval for the RNY revision surgery.
I'm doing it for the GERD and tons of people are also having the revision surgery for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 7 days post op. My revision from sleeve to bypass was March 23rd. I had really bad GERD even with liquids. I’m on Clear Liquids right now and I’ve had tea which usually causes an issue, but so far so good. I don’t feel that burning in my throat are feel like gagging anymore. So I’m glad I did it. RNY all the way![emoji6]
Thanks and congratulations on your revision.
I can't wait for the RNY revision surgery approval from my insurance companies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sometimes, you have to make them listen. Believe that you are worthy. It's your body and life. Write down the questions you want answers to. Then ask!

absolutely best idea i always keep a small 3 inch notebook everywhere i go. in the back i keep questions that randomly come up for each of my doctors and nutritionist. in front i keep food ideas that i see that i could turn healthy!

Sent from my SM-T387V using BariatricPal mobile app

absolutely best idea i always keep a small 3 inch notebook everywhere i go. in the back i keep questions that randomly come up for each of my doctors and nutritionist. in front i keep food ideas that i see that i could turn healthy!

Sent from my SM-T387V using BariatricPal mobile app

Great job!

I am 3.5 weeks post op with a revision from sleeve to bypass (RNY). Since April 22 I have lost nearly 10 kgs. That is due to the pre-op preparation diet and the restriction on eating post op.

I didn’t have diagnosed GERD but had severe reflux and a hiatus hernia.

I asked for a hernia repair and a re-sleeve (I had gained weight starting about 7-8 years post sleeve) and he told me that it would not resolve the reflux and the hernia would likely come back. He said my only option was the bypass.

Since the operation I have had zero reflux. I have been told to take anti-reflux medication for two months post op, but I sometimes forget with no noticeable change. So far I am very happy. I want to get down to 65 kgs again.

My weight loss has slowed now to about 2 kgs per week. I am happy with that and expect it to slow even further to 1 kg per week. I am currently at about 80 kgs.

I am still pretty much only able to eat mushies - I have tried some firmer food and unfortunately it tends to stick and then come back up in a foamy mess. So slowly slowly seems to be the motto.

I am 3.5 weeks post op with a revision from sleeve to bypass (RNY). Since April 22 I have lost nearly 10 kgs. That is due to the pre-op preparation diet and the restriction on eating post op.
I didn’t have diagnosed GERD but had severe reflux and a hiatus hernia.
I asked for a hernia repair and a re-sleeve (I had gained weight starting about 7-8 years post sleeve) and he told me that it would not resolve the reflux and the hernia would likely come back. He said my only option was the bypass.
Since the operation I have had zero reflux. I have been told to take anti-reflux medication for two months post op, but I sometimes forget with no noticeable change. So far I am very happy. I want to get down to 65 kgs again.
My weight loss has slowed now to about 2 kgs per week. I am happy with that and expect it to slow even further to 1 kg per week. I am currently at about 80 kgs.
I am still pretty much only able to eat mushies - I have tried some firmer food and unfortunately it tends to stick and then come back up in a foamy mess. So slowly slowly seems to be the motto.
So, do you feel it's worth the surgery?

I believe so.

When I had the Gastric Sleeve about 10 years ago, I went from 105 kgs to 60 kgs. Weight snuck back on after 7-8 years though, and I was often hungry after this due to the reflux I had.

I no longer have reflux and believe I will now get down to about 65-70 kgs weight and be able to retain that due to the bypass.

But of course everyone’s story is different and you need to decide for yourself.