Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just downed a medium sized bowl of fruit salad in one sitting, how is this possible?!

All great advice which I will definitely follow, I'm 9 days out post-op RNY. @Brotherman Bill What I want to know is, where do you live that a cup of fruit salad cost $16.95, the moon? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where everything is expensive, but not $16.95 for a cup of fruit salad expensive!

Good luck on your journey!

Why were you even attempting fruit salad at 2-3 weeks? Was this on your doctor's allowed full liquids, or soft foods suggested foods list? For one, that is a LOT of sugar; also a lot of digesting your incision line had to endure.

Don't rush things, Don't push it. Check with your doctor's nutritionist or whomever. Those first few weeks post-op are crucial for having a sure, uncomplicated closure of your stomach's incision line.

4 hours ago, summerset said:

Of course you gain weight instantly while carb loading. Glycogen contains/binds lots of Water.

Of course, I am fueling for glycogen to carry me through the run. Most people don’t gain a pound a day is the difference.

You seem to find it hard to believe that a type one diabetic could be carb sensitive. I will give your professional opinion to my running coach and my endocrinologist

This whole conversation isn't making much sense because no one knows the nutritional issues involved with a "bowl of fruit." If you want to track what you are eating in a meaningful way, you need to list the actual different fruits and amounts that you ate. Like some berries are more conducive to me meeting my goals than other fruits are higher on the glycemic index like watermelon and grapes.

And applesauce and mashed banana were recommended to me when I was starting on soft foods, so fruit is on some people's plans for post surgery.

2 hours ago, UberChef said:

All great advice which I will definitely follow, I'm 9 days out post-op RNY. @Brotherman Bill What I want to know is, where do you live that a cup of fruit salad cost $16.95, the moon? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area where everything is expensive, but not $16.95 for a cup of fruit salad expensive!

these are not dollars 😂 its a different currency. it roughly costs about 4 dollars

these are not dollars [emoji23] its a different currency. it roughly costs about 4 dollars
I see SR. Is it saudi riyal?

4 hours ago, UberChef said:

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. Like that is Protein price per pound.

these are not dollars [emoji23] its a different currency. it roughly costs about 4 dollars
I see SR. Is it saudi riyal?

fruit should be the last thing you eat after Protein and veggies. At 2 weeks post op I don’t even think fruit was allowed for me

On 05/25/2019 at 12:39, Healthy_life2 said:

No one is demonizing carbs. There is no such thing as NO carb diet. Low carb is instructed by many surgeons/dieticians. All plans are different.

I am carb sensitive. I am a type one diabetic. My body does not process carbs or sugar correctly. I keep my carbs in the range where I lose/maintain my weight. I distance run. I carb load for seven days pre-race. It’s instant weight gain. I go back to weight loss mode to work it off.

Actually, I know of one diet that is zero carb, or very near zero. The Carnivore diet. Though many people like to argue that the high fat diets like Carnivore or Keto are not healthy or sustainable, there are many many people that have been eating that way for years and are very healthy. I couldn’t do it personally because I’m not a big fan of most meats.< /p>

59 minutes ago, JamesL73 said:

Actually, I know of one diet that is zero carb, or very near zero. The Carnivore diet. Though many people like to argue that the high fat diets like Carnivore or Keto are not healthy or sustainable, there are many many people that have been eating that way for years and are very healthy. I couldn’t do it personally because I’m not a big fan of most meats.

I am talking about bariatric instructed diets. I have yet to see anyone placed on the carnivore diet , all carbohydrate diet, or zero carbs allowed diet. All diet instructions are different. Some think low carb dieters demonize carbs. (not true)- We all have different carb goals to hit. No one’s diet is better than the other – Simply follow your own plan.

The original poster is 2.5 weeks out from surgery. They had no diet progression or plan instructions. The simple question of fruit is follow your plan, - Keep them within your weight loss calories and Protein, carb goals,.

+++If anyone has sleeve diet progession and diet instructions could you post them for the original poster?+++

3 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

I am talking about bariatric instructed diets. I have yet to see anyone placed on the carnivore diet , all carbohydrate diet, or zero carbs allowed diet. All diet instructions are different. Some think low carb dieters demonize carbs. (not true)- We all have different carb goals to hit. No one’s diet is better than the other – Simply follow your own plan.

The original poster is 2.5 weeks out from surgery. They had no diet progression or plan instructions. The simple question of fruit is follow your plan, - Keep them within your weight loss calories and Protein, carb goals,.

Dang! I gotta learn to read! See, I read it that the OP was 4 weeks out and just on soft foods. :) So I offered all my advice based on that construct. :) Good times! Proves shmos on the internet should not give specific advice to anyone--you just gotta work your program! :D