Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hubz & I are now 10 days post op. Surgery wise we’re doing great but last night we ended up in the ER with Hubz for kidney stones. He’s now in bed snoozing and I’m barely holding my eyes open dreaming about an iced coffee with double espresso lol. VSG wise we both get abound pretty well. He was able to cut the yard yesterday and we are able to do everything around the house and for the kids that we need to. We have left side pain but we have pretty good pain tolerances and rather breathe through it than take pain medicine. Don’t QUITE make our Protein every single day yet but if we don’t we are pretty close, it will come in time. Counting down the days until we move to purées/soft at day 15. We’re pretty over liquids at this point. As of this morning he’s lost 28lbs and I’ve lost 24.

*This little update is cross posted to the post-op thread, I wanted those who hadn’t gone yet to get it too*

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I think it's SO cool that you two are going through this together.

Sorry about Hubby's kidney stones! I have been through that - VERY painful!

I figure if I could survive passing a kidney stone, VGS surgery will be a breeze! LOL!

1 hour ago, NancyLF said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I think it's SO cool that you two are going through this together.

Sorry about Hubby's kidney stones! I have been through that - VERY painful!

I figure if I could survive passing a kidney stone, VGS surgery will be a breeze! LOL!

He actually said that to one of the nurses he’s take the surgery 5 times over a kidney stone.

49 minutes ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

He actually said that to one of the nurses he’s take the surgery 5 times over a kidney stone.

YES Kidney Stones are the WORST! So happy he is ok now. You both are doing amazing jobs. Thanks so much for tthe update. How long after surgery did you wait to get on the scales?

54 minutes ago, 2ndTimeFreedom said:

YES Kidney Stones are the WORST! So happy he is ok now. You both are doing amazing jobs. Thanks so much for tthe update. How long after surgery did you wait to get on the scales?

He’s still in a good bit of pain waiting on them to pass but hopefully soon! And we hopped on the scale as soon as we got home

Just got all my lab work and 3 pre admissions appts done today! They will call me Monday with the surgery time for Tuesday! Wooo! I can't believe its only 4.5 days away

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, ShadowKnight said:

Mine is set for August 6th. Kinda Nervous.

Hang In there. I am booked for 31JULY and I am 3 days into my liquid diet. I'm more excited than nervous, but ask me again the day of surgery. lol..