Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

26 minutes ago, amaynard said:

All is well! I have been able to keep down several Soups (non chunky) and Protein Shakes and fluids. No pain anymore. I have my 2 week post op appt on Monday. I am currently down 19 lbs since surgery. I am at a two day stall, so I told myself I will not look at the scale again until Monday and am only going to weigh myself once a week. I hear the stall is normal, but ya'll know how fun it is seeing the lbs come off and then when it suddenly stops it sucks. Non-scale victory. I put on jean shorts easily that i wasnt even able to get up over my hips at the beginning of summer! YAY

Way to go!!!! I am especially loving the non-scale victory. I am so happy and so proud of you. Best news ever.

We’re Alive! Husband & I both had VSG done Tuesday. Both VSG were textbook, unfortunately I was found to have a severe hiatal hernia. My esophagus kept spasming during the first two days causing me to vomit 5/6 times in a row every 20 minutes or so. That part sucked but as far as the pain from the VSG there was and still is hardly any just soreness. At the larger incision site. We were up and walking A LOT in the hospital. We are settled at home now sipping on clear Protein. No regrets.

Just to clear up the hernia was repaired the spasms were being caused by the sutures in my esophagus

44 minutes ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

Just to clear up the hernia was repaired the spasms were being caused by the sutures in my esophagus

Yes! Way to go to you both. SO happy everything went great!!!!

3 hours ago, amaynard said:

All is well! I have been able to keep down several Soups (non chunky) and Protein Shakes and fluids. No pain anymore. I have my 2 week post op appt on Monday. I am currently down 19 lbs since surgery. I am at a two day stall, so I told myself I will not look at the scale again until Monday and am only going to weigh myself once a week. I hear the stall is normal, but ya'll know how fun it is seeing the lbs come off and then when it suddenly stops it sucks. Non-scale victory. I put on jean shorts easily that i wasnt even able to get up over my hips at the beginning of summer! YAY

Congratulations!!!! Appreciating the NSV will make the process easier.

On 7/10/2019 at 5:46 AM, 2ndTimeFreedom said:

Surgery is now 5 days away. I am down 20lbs with the Pre-Op liquid diet. I finished all my hospital pre-surgical testing & paid my ($750 deductible & $250 copay yesterday :( ). Four more days of this liquid diet and one day of Clear Liquids and then off to surgery I go. It appears I will have a 1-night hospital stay and then I am gone. What a process this has been!!!! The only thing I am truly feeling sad about is not picking up my baby for 1 month :( That she will not understand (2 years old) but as long as I can have someone hand her to me I will be ok (I pray).

Sending everyone strength and prayers!!! I am getting myself mentally ready for the 4 weeks of eating post-surgery.

soooo excited for you! Im 6 days out & its starting to seem real. I bet paying your money was your moment that things clicked that this life changing surgery is really about to happen?!

On 7/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, MeowAMR said:

So day two of pre-OP diet (promise I wont do a daily update everyday lol) I've had diarrhea all day long these past two days. So headache and diarrhea are associated with 2wk pre op diet. I haven't see anyone talk about them so I didn't expect this. Did the diarrhea last the whole two weeks or does it calm down after a few days?

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

i got bad Constipation instead so I'm guessing bowel movement problems in general come with the territory.

Well tomorrow is the big day for me!! Looking forward to starting the next chapter of this journey I am writing. July 12th is now my second birthday!!! See you all on the side!

Congrats! I can’t wait to get my date!

Well today’s the big day. Woke up my normal time 5:30 am, and have gone about my regular routine feeling extremely relaxed and blessed. Have my bag almost packed checklist almost completed. God bless all of that has come before and that will come after that are on this incredible journey. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR OWN REASON FOR DOING THIS! IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD LET HIM BE YOUR GUIDE AND SOURVE OF STRENGTH WHEN IT HETS TOUGH! See you all on the other side!!

Praying Our GOD. guides your Surgeon's Hands, that you have a WONDERFUL SURGERY and RECOVERY. All of us believers, and I count me in That Group, will keep you tucked in and sustained with🙏 Prayer! Update us as soon as YOU feel like it! We will all be waiting to hear GOOD THINGS!
Frustr8 in Central Ohio.😝👍🌈

For everyone that has already had surgery so far what exact labs do they have to do on your PRE OP appointment? I have surgery July 18th but i'm supposed to go on July 17th for labs and stuff and i have never had surgery so im not sure exactly what to be ready for that day????

On 6/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, MeowAMR said:

ow were your popsicles? I keep meaning to grab some of those!!! I definitely will next shopping trip. The chews are ok... I accidentally got Carmel when I meant to get chocolate. I accidentally got chocolate with a subscription but i didn't want the subscription and deleted it and added another to my cart and turned the sub off and didn't change the flavor. Poo! I wanted to see if I could exchange them out but i don't wanna pay to ship them back so i might just be stuck with them!

Edit to add: I just seen you said STARE at the popsicles lol....

LOL...they were good. The sugar free Outshine popsicles are my favorite by far...don't taste quite as 'artificially flavored'...but considering it is often over 100 degrees here in TX, ANY popsicle sounds good most of the time!

My surgery date slid BACK from 7/1 to 7/25 so after being on Day 13 of my pre-op diet...to realize with new dr that orig dr's office was indeed not going to cooperate and send records over...I realized I would have a brief break...which may sound good but since I was on day THIRTEEN of pre-op, I was SO looking forward to getting the surgery and moving into the post-op even knowing I'd be taking in far less for a while.

Blah..by the time my surgery date comes around...I'll be like on day 30-something of preop diet. lol

Anyone else out there with a 7/25 date? I was given 7/22 as a choice as well but eldest is visiting from PA and she leaves on 7/25 (will be there for my surgery and DFW airport is not far away from hospital). I decided to wait until the tail end of her visit before having the surgery.