Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

23 minutes ago, Ren951 said:

I had my surgery yesterday 7/1 and I’m doing a lot better today. Yesterday I had horrendous gas pains in my upper shoulders and hurt to breathe a little. I had to get a hiatal hernia repaired that they found during surgery so I’m also sore from that. But all together I think I’m progressing pretty good. I had RNY.

Congratulation! Thats good to hear! I was wondering what the pain may be like the day after. It sounds like you're going to have a fast recovery.

:) Just read that you are also a nurse!!! We make the most interesting patients! Also a fellow doctoral student (c/o 2021). I am confident your colleagues took great care of you! Speedy Recovery

Awake from surgery. Yeah, sore from gas pains and God knows what else. Went as expected.

6 hours ago, Tharvey said:

I’m starting the liquid diet today, nervous! Any tips?

I will say for me it is not as easy as I thought it would be. I am just doing my best to stay away from the smells of food :) Which Protein Shakes are you using?

5 minutes ago, SublimeLemons said:

Awake from surgery. Yeah, sore from gas pains and God knows what else. Went as expected.

Congratulations!!!! Super excited for you. This is great news.

Finally awake enough... Dr said surgery couldn’t have been more perfect when he talked to my fiancé. I Haven’t seen him yet. Slept most of the day... lots of morphine PCA which is helpful. Just got up tonpee for the first time, wasn’t too awful. Because of my csections I had more scar tissue so he had to do a 6th incision. I had RNY. Keeping fluids down. Drank 2oz in the last hour.

On 07/02/2019 at 12:05, MarvelGirl25 said:

Congratulation! Thats good to hear! I was wondering what the pain may be like the day after. It sounds like you're going to have a fast recovery.

Thank you! I hope it’s speedy!

On 07/02/2019 at 19:17, amaynard said:

Finally awake enough... Dr said surgery couldn’t have been more perfect when he talked to my fiancé. I Haven’t seen him yet. Slept most of the day... lots of morphine PCA which is helpful. Just got up tonpee for the first time, wasn’t too awful. Because of my csections I had more scar tissue so he had to do a 6th incision. I had RNY. Keeping fluids down. Drank 2oz in the last hour.
I have 6 incisions too. I had two previous csections and that hiatal hernia to get fixed. Hopefully we heal nicely and won’t even be able to tell. 🤞🏽

Gotta say pain isn’t as bad as I thought it would be! 👍🏼

Hope to go home tomorrow. Gotta advance to bari 3 diet first though and I’m still on 1.

They used a robot which I guess has better outcomes for pain and people go home quicker usually

They used a robot which I guess has better outcomes for pain and people go home quicker usually
Oh wow! I didn't know they could use them for bariatric surgeries

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

15 minutes ago, amaynard said:

Thanks so much for all the updates!! Rest well and recover!!! Sending great thoughts for early am discharge!

Ok, y'all, my turn to post.
I can't believe my surgery will be here in about 10 hours. I will spend tonight binge watching Law and Order SVU, packing my bag, taking my shower, and using my CHG wipes. I naturally overthink and panic about everything, but I'm trying to stay positive and just get through the next few hours by reminding myself why I started this journey years ago.
Please send positive vibes my way and I'll post another update as soon as I'm feeling up to it.
Thank you all for coming along on this crazy ride with me!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Can anyone tell me what surgery is like the day of and after? Pain? Etc..
My clinic had me on painkillers immediately, so no pain except for a little from the incisions when I move, and a little gas pain that walking truly resolves. I have a really low pain threshold, so I was super-worried about this. We'll see what tomorrow brings!