Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 hours ago, tal said:

keep us updated on how ya feel!

I will! Tomorrow is the prep.. not excited about that at all 🤢

But so so close!

Has anyone not told their parents? I feel a huge burden like I should tell my mom..but a part of me knows she is going to judge, and I don't really feel like having negative feelings going into it.

Just feels like I am lying though..especially knowing I am going to be in the hospital for a couple days..

I have told only the people I wanted to know. I have told my family. I think you should tell your mom. She may want to be with you. Surgeries are important. I have told my twin sister everything (insurance stuff).Just in case.

We did all our pre-admit Testing & blood work Friday, we are officially cleared for surgery! 9 more days!
I go in for all my pretest stuff on July 11th. They are going to make me do blood work because I'm an ex smoker. It comes up so quickly though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have my pre op appointment Friday and surgery July 8th!!! It still doesn’t seem real. I’m so nervous and excited.

4 hours ago, amaynard said:

But so so close!

Has anyone not told their parents? I feel a huge burden like I should tell my mom..but a part of me knows she is going to judge, and I don't really feel like having negative feelings going into it.

Just feels like I am lying though..especially knowing I am going to be in the hospital for a couple days..

I have my prep on the 17th so i have some time but ive been trying to get this surgery since November and legit only told 2 cousins (that had the surgery), my sister, and mom. As of today a few people know except my dad because hes a body builder and i feel like hes going to think im taking the easy way out. I wasnt even going to tell my mom because i felt like shed judge but she was extremely supportive and im happy i told her because she will be at the hospital taking me and being there so im happy i did plus i felt alot better telling her. Still havent decided if im going to tell my dad yet though lol

3 minutes ago, Teachergal82 said:

I have my pre op appointment Friday and surgery July 8th!!! It still doesn’t seem real. I’m so nervous and excited.

Yay congratulations! Super excited for you! i still have 2 weeks so im very anxious

But so so close!
I told my parents, brother, and two closest friends. Everyone was supportive, though my mom had a few concerns. My dad has been pretty unsupportive and talking about it to lots of people even though I asked him to stop. Oh well, at least I learned not to tell him anything again lol. He is kind of resigned that I am not going to change my mind now I think, but we will see what drama the next few weeks hold.

Sent from my SM-J737A using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck and congrats to anyone having their surgery tomorrow! Start of our month of surgeries [emoji79][emoji75]

Sent from my SM-J737A using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! Its OUR MONTH!!! Ladies & Gentlemen! Wooo!! Good Luck to everyone and wishing everyone a speedy recovery!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 6/26/2019 at 4:43 AM, thillman1987 said:

I had to do 3 months medically supervised diet prior to my surgery. I started back on March 1st but finally got my date for July 16th. SW-343 CW-313. I've met alot of good people going to group meetings and figured I would try this forum!

Sent from my moto g(6) using BariatricPal mobile app

You will love it here...lots of very friendly people and helpful advice :)

On 6/26/2019 at 7:37 AM, Nonnaof4 said:

Congratulations to everyone having surgery in July!!

Thank you :)

On 6/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, jennj said:

I walked by the same 3 chocolate chip Cookies about 10 times today. They are still there. This whole process is 85% mental. I will not cheat. Surgery on July 8!!

I would have had to feed them to my chihuahuas lol...to remove the temptation.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, Mamasboys_svg said:

So happy for you my surgery is scheduled for this Friday June 28 the but we can still be surgery siblings lol I am a mother of twin boys 3 1/2 years old and a 19 months old baby feeling very nervous and I am still trying to prepare with everything I couldn't see your cart can you share what did you actually bought? Do you have any Water Protein that you choose? The plate and the Water bottler why do you needs those and the scale is a good one ? Please advise thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I hope your surgery went well and you aren't pushing yourself too hard :)

On 6/27/2019 at 10:23 PM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Had my pre-op appointment today and we are aiming for surgery in October 💪🏽🙇🏽‍♀️. I'm at 249 and need to get to 235 lbs and get a few more things in order. Starting Iron transfusions next week, for the next 4 weeks. I forgot to ask if I can have one meal a day and 2 Protein Shakes now to help me get down to my goal approval surgery weight. I'm learning from those of you close to surgery.

Congrats, I know that you have had some bumps in the road but it's all coming together now :)