Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My haul from Bpal! For my pre-OP diet and some Protein to try and figure out what flavors I like. 20190624_153708.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had crazy labs also. I am scheduled for sleeve on July 23 but I was originally scheduled for beginning if June and had a setback with high white blood cell counts from April - June. Labs look better now so I am cleared for surgery but all the antibiotics they had me on have left a sun sentativity and I have itchy hives up and down my arms just from checking my mail. I know what a challenge it is to eat healthy when you are stressed and waiting but keep up the good work and you can get through it.

New_Me 2019

I have a high white blood cell count too, but I've noticed that I've always had it for years. My doctor said it was ok and might just be my "normal" number. It didn't hold me back... thankfully!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery date is July 29 in Northern VA! 😃

5 minutes ago, LindseeNohan said:

Surgery date is July 29 in Northern VA! 😃

Yay congratulations! Good luck to you :)

5 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

Oh my gosh...my fellow 'July-ers'......are you in your pre-op 'diet' yet. I figure if you are in the first 10 to12 days of July or actually I've seen some folks post that they have a MONTH long pre-op :51_scream: - how are you hanging in there?

I've been doing Keto prior to getting approved so Protein Shakes like Premier were already part of my super busy work life as Meal Replacements as otherwise I'd have skipped meals which is not good.

Gotta say...yeah, I'm hungry! REALLY hungry..the actual stomach true hunger, not head hunger/emotional hunger. I can endure stomach growling, etc. throughout day but I've always found it almost impossible to get to sleep if extremely hungry. Crossing fingers that when I pick up my sugar free popsicles today, I have something to 'chew'. Wonder how many of those I'd need to eat to make hunger go away, but isn't liver shrink based on being REALLY LOW CALORIES - like 600 or less? Are y'all tracking your calories too to make sure extra ones aren't sneaking in..although how many extra can sneak in from sugar free Jello, I don't know..but I can see Protein shakes adding up!

Today is my first day of 'all liquids'! Well, it is odd that my doc gave me 1 set of guidelines; however the nutritionist group we all had to see - he referred us, have a slightly different set of guidelines (making my eyes cross).

Going to call his office to clarify but I'm SO worried about my liver not being 'shrunken' enough to operate on me, I'm thinking of sticking with what I got from the nutritionist office anyways. With confusion from my own dr about when to start the pre-op diet - I actually started on day..um..8.5 (not 10 and he had told me '7' verbally..so confused). I figure my liver must be ginormous as my BMI is 56 so.....I decided may be best with 7 days left before surgery (CANNOT believe I'm SAYING THAT!!), that I'm going to do full liquid starting today (so 1 day early) and will follow dr's notes on doing clear liquid only Days 1-3 prior to surgery.

Doc Office says:

Days 7-10 soft food diet (although dr told me on way out when I teasingly fussed about 10 days, he said '7'??

Days 4, 5, and 6 - Puree food Diet

Days 1, 2, and 3 prior to surgery -Clear liquid diet

Nutritionist Documentation says:

Day 6 - 10 prior to surgery - Soft Diet

Days 3, 4, and 5 - Full liquid diet

Days 1 & 2 - Clear Liquid

I start my pre op diet 10 days before my surgery and to be honest i havent been completely eating healthy right now and i need to change that because i dont wanna be all moody when i start this diet lol. Its not alot of food so i know im going to be soooo hungry but i know after 10 days im going to not be hungry and living my best life so im excited lol Super happy for you also!! :)

5 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

Oh my gosh...my fellow 'July-ers'......are you in your pre-op 'diet' yet. I figure if you are in the first 10 to12 days of July or actually I've seen some folks post that they have a MONTH long pre-op :51_scream: - how are you hanging in there?

I've been doing Keto prior to getting approved so Protein Shakes like Premier were already part of my super busy work life as Meal Replacements as otherwise I'd have skipped meals which is not good.

Gotta say...yeah, I'm hungry! REALLY hungry..the actual stomach true hunger, not head hunger/emotional hunger. I can endure stomach growling, etc. throughout day but I've always found it almost impossible to get to sleep if extremely hungry. Crossing fingers that when I pick up my sugar free popsicles today, I have something to 'chew'. Wonder how many of those I'd need to eat to make hunger go away, but isn't liver shrink based on being REALLY LOW CALORIES - like 600 or less? Are y'all tracking your calories too to make sure extra ones aren't sneaking in..although how many extra can sneak in from sugar free Jello, I don't know..but I can see Protein shakes adding up!

Today is my first day of 'all liquids'! Well, it is odd that my doc gave me 1 set of guidelines; however the nutritionist group we all had to see - he referred us, have a slightly different set of guidelines (making my eyes cross).

Going to call his office to clarify but I'm SO worried about my liver not being 'shrunken' enough to operate on me, I'm thinking of sticking with what I got from the nutritionist office anyways. With confusion from my own dr about when to start the pre-op diet - I actually started on day..um..8.5 (not 10 and he had told me '7' verbally..so confused). I figure my liver must be ginormous as my BMI is 56 so.....I decided may be best with 7 days left before surgery (CANNOT believe I'm SAYING THAT!!), that I'm going to do full liquid starting today (so 1 day early) and will follow dr's notes on doing clear liquid only Days 1-3 prior to surgery.

Doc Office says:

Days 7-10 soft food diet (although dr told me on way out when I teasingly fussed about 10 days, he said '7'??

Days 4, 5, and 6 - Puree food Diet

Days 1, 2, and 3 prior to surgery -Clear liquid diet

Nutritionist Documentation says:

Day 6 - 10 prior to surgery - Soft Diet

Days 3, 4, and 5 - Full liquid diet

Days 1 & 2 - Clear Liquid

I start my pre op diet 10 days before my surgery and to be honest i havent been completely eating healthy right now and i need to change that because i dont wanna be all moody when i start this diet lol. Its not alot of food so i know im going to be soooo hungry but i know after 10 days im going to not be hungry and living my best life so im excited lol Super happy for you also!! :)

Sleeve on July 8th. Kansas City. 47 female

5 hours ago, MeowAMR said:

My haul from Bpal! For my pre-OP diet and some Protein to try and figure out what flavors I like.

Love your haul! I'm waiting for a shipment from them right now with my Vitamins and looks to be the same calcium citrate chewy bites. Going to shower and then come back to stare at my newly bought sugar free popsicles!

40 minutes ago, Diana1952 said:

July 8 th anyone my age 67

I am July 8th, 52 years, female.

48 minutes ago, jennj said:

Sleeve on July 8th. Kansas City. 47 female

Congrats! Good luck on your surgery:)

1 hour ago, KarenLR75 said:

Love your haul! I'm waiting for a shipment from them right now with my Vitamins and looks to be the same calcium citrate chewy bites. Going to shower and then come back to stare at my newly bought sugar free popsicles!

How were your popsicles? I keep meaning to grab some of those!!! I definitely will next shopping trip. The chews are ok... I accidentally got Carmel when I meant to get chocolate. I accidentally got chocolate with a subscription but i didn't want the subscription and deleted it and added another to my cart and turned the sub off and didn't change the flavor. Poo! I wanted to see if I could exchange them out but i don't wanna pay to ship them back so i might just be stuck with them!

Edit to add: I just seen you said STARE at the popsicles lol....

Edited by MeowAMR

1 minute ago, MeowAMR said:

ow were your popsicles? I keep meaning to grab some of those!!! I definitely will next shopping trip. The chews are ok... I accidentally got Carmel when I meant to get chocolate. I accidentally got chocolate with a subscription but i didn't want the subscription and deleted it and added another to my cart and turned the sub off and didn't change the flavor. Poo! I wanted to see if I could exchange them out but i don't wanna pay to ship them back so i might just be stuck with them!

LOL, they are SO good....and I can CHEW! I got 2 different kinds. LOL, I said 'stare' because I suddenly now have a 'new option' I haven't been eating/drinking for the past few days. I felt like a dragon with my horde...

I got the "Outshine" brand (sugar free) that has 'tangerine', 'raspberry' and 'strawberry'. I will caution that each one actually has 25 calories each. They ironically have 6 gm of carbs, 1 gm of sugar (which meets my restrictions) and 1 gram of Fiber.

Then I also got the "Popsicle" brand - sugar free - grape, orange and cherry. They have 15 calories each and 4 grams of carbs (no fiber). So the Popsicle brand is definitely less calories. I guess it would come down to how many Popsicle a person is having during a day as to which is a good choice for them.

For ME, TONIGHT, I'm having the Outshine brand. :) :)

10 minutes ago, MeowAMR said:

The chews are ok... I accidentally got Carmel when I meant to get chocolate

OUCH! I have tried caramel before (not this brand) but as far as a 'chew' went...I didn't care for it so I ordered 'chocolate' for the Bariatric Advantage ones come from bariatricpal.

I'm so sorry you got the wrong ones...I know that blows... :( :(

Umm...anyone doing the pre-op diet and having an issues with bowel movements (sigh, just look @ the things we talk about). I went back through my paperwork but didn't see anything about adding any fiber products like BeneFiber or MetaMucil...anyone been told to take either of those?