Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/18/2019 at 7:59 AM, Midnightsun said:

A friend of mine had it and did very well so I mentioned to a very good friend of mine about me getting it and her reaction was I don't think you need it you just have a little belly. That was about a year ago and I didn't want anyone talking me out of it. Did you want to follow each other for support?

I had a few reactions like that too but they werent in my body and they didnt know how i felt with my own personal being if that makes sense lol. My close family and friends supported me and thats all that mattered to me. Good luck with your surgery!

On 6/19/2019 at 12:33 AM, vsgkat714 said:

VSG on July 17th! And I'm also a teacher, lol.

Yay congrats!! 😀

On 6/19/2019 at 2:05 AM, demayome said:

I got a call from the surgeons office today & I missed it. Its so close I can taste it. I left a message and look forward to calling them back in the morning. I began my Journey at End of October 2018, but due to a promotion and my 1st grandbaby girl in February I slowed down the process. I got insurance approval last and now just waiting for the date, and last pre-op appointment w/Surgeon. I thought I was going to be a Juney but I will definitely be with everyone here in July. I will reply with the date when I know more. Looking forward to learning more about ya'll and joining you on the bench.

Yay super excited for you! 😀

On 6/19/2019 at 9:36 AM, Nefelibata214 said:

Hi everyone! First time posting! My surgery will be July 10th! So excited and nervous. My biggest fear is that it won't work. I've dieted all my life and while I can always lose weight, I always gain it back and I think I've messed up my metabolism so bad. I can survive on nothing, so I'm scared the surgery won't help that much. I know it probably sounds irrational, but that's my biggest fear, aside from dying of course and leaving my children with my ex....

I feel the same way ive been trying to be healthy my whole life and ive gained every pound ive lost. This is why im going to this extreme. Wish you the best of luck everything will work out! 😀

On 6/19/2019 at 9:36 AM, Nefelibata214 said:

Hi everyone! First time posting! My surgery will be July 10th! So excited and nervous. My biggest fear is that it won't work. I've dieted all my life and while I can always lose weight, I always gain it back and I think I've messed up my metabolism so bad. I can survive on nothing, so I'm scared the surgery won't help that much. I know it probably sounds irrational, but that's my biggest fear, aside from dying of course and leaving my children with my ex....

I feel the same way ive been trying to be healthy my whole life and ive gained every pound ive lost. This is why im going to this extreme. Wish you the best of luck everything will work out! 😀

On 6/18/2019 at 7:59 AM, Midnightsun said:

A friend of mine had it and did very well so I mentioned to a very good friend of mine about me getting it and her reaction was I don't think you need it you just have a little belly. That was about a year ago and I didn't want anyone talking me out of it. Did you want to follow each other for support?

I had some comments like that towards me to but they werent in my body and they didnt know what ive been through or what i felt so i ignored them and only told the people that supported me which still do to this day. Good luck on your journey its gonna be the best time of your life!

On 6/15/2019 at 6:59 PM, Cathyp said:

July 10 sleeve

Yya congratulations!! Wish you the best of luck 😀😀

On 6/15/2019 at 11:45 PM, Ren951 said:

I’m July 1st as well! Getting gastric bypass!

Congrats!! Good luck! 😀

On 6/16/2019 at 8:07 AM, jennj said:

I get the sleeve on July 8th. I am self pay, so hearing about all the delays and timelines you all have to follow is crazy! I also teach, so July is ok. I was hoping for the end of June, but here we are! Good luck to everyone!!

Good luck to you! 😀

On 6/17/2019 at 1:46 PM, apiane said:

I'm still waiting for insurance approval but I'm tentatively July 15th... which seems way too close but I've been dying to have it done so I'm excited.

Congrats! Good luck with everything!

On 6/15/2019 at 1:20 PM, jennj said:

I am July 8th! I’m excited! Can’t wait to begin this new journey.

Good luck and congrats!😀

1 hour ago, tal said:

Thank you! Best of luck to you too! When is your surgery?

5 hours ago, Nefelibata214 said:

Thank you! Best of luck to you too! When is your surgery?

July 18th 😀😀

Anyone else on preop diet now? I’m doing the liver shrink diet... my doc said 1-2 weeks, so I chose two weeks...

7 minutes ago, amaynard said:

Anyone else on preop diet now? I’m doing the liver shrink diet... my doc said 1-2 weeks, so I chose two weeks...

Yes, I'm on Day 4 of the 2-week plan. Mine allows 4oz meat per day the first week, so that and popsicles are the only things I get to chew. I'm on my 11th sugar-free ice pop and it probably won't be my last of the day. I'm not calorie restricted, but I'm averaging 850 cals/day.