Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 5/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, tal said:

I HAVE FINALLY AFTER 8 MONTHS RECEIVED MY DATE! July 18th 2019 😎

Absolutely so excited and would love to thank you all for giving me advice and feedback, it is completely appreciated and i am just so excited. First ever surgery and I'm ready!

Anyone else have or had surgeries in July? Would love to know! 😀

Just got my surgery date today...it is on July 1st! Alternating between being happy and thinking "Oh, my God, what if I die??"

Literally when I told my husband, he asked about my 'last wishes'...and no, he was not joking/being funny/teasing, etc.

Really sucked some of the happiness out of the moment.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:34 PM, alex76 said:

Congrats! I am scheduled for RNY on July 2 or June 26, but it's most likely to be July 2. My countdown tells me it's 40 days away from surgery date and I go thru cycles of being excited and nervous!
Good luck to us both!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I so get this! I'm cycling away mentally over here...

On 5/31/2019 at 11:49 PM, MFaulk3 said:

I have my date, July 1st!! I am also nervous and excited... going for the gastric bypass! Glad I have folks to talk to who are going through what I'm going through.

Same day surgeries although I'm doing the sleeve..or rather..having it 'done to me'...SO NERVOUS all of a sudden

On 6/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, Mom_of_Chaos said:

Hubz & I are getting VSG together on July 9!

Awwww...that is sweet...how neat it will be to do that together!

1 hour ago, KarenLR75 said:

Awwww...that is sweet...how neat it will be to do that together!

Yep ! We will go through all the shitty parts together! We gained it together and now we will lose it together!

On 6/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, sweetsagi said:

Congratulations!!! I’m July 1st.

YAY! Another July 1st-er!

OMG - those cracked me up! I watch him all the time on TV. I always grin when they tell him...but I'm sticking to the diet (which is somewhere between 1000-1200 calories) and I have no idea why I gained 20 lbs. in 4 weeks...then he goes into a breakdown of the HUGE number of calories they had to be eating to gain that much in such a short time. ;)

VSG on July 17th! And I'm also a teacher, lol.

3 hours ago, KarenLR75 said:

OMG - those cracked me up! I watch him all the time on TV. I always grin when they tell him...but I'm sticking to the diet (which is somewhere between 1000-1200 calories) and I have no idea why I gained 20 lbs. in 4 weeks...then he goes into a breakdown of the HUGE number of calories they had to be eating to gain that much in such a short time. ;)

I will be printing out the scale one for my bathroom mirror and the other for the pantry lol

I got a call from the surgeons office today & I missed it. Its so close I can taste it. I left a message and look forward to calling them back in the morning. I began my Journey at End of October 2018, but due to a promotion and my 1st grandbaby girl in February I slowed down the process. I got insurance approval last and now just waiting for the date, and last pre-op appointment w/Surgeon. I thought I was going to be a Juney but I will definitely be with everyone here in July. I will reply with the date when I know more. Looking forward to learning more about ya'll and joining you on the bench.

Edited by demayome

On 6/15/2019 at 7:59 PM, Cathyp said:

July 10 sleeve

Me too! Sleeve for me, what are you doing?

Hi everyone! First time posting! My surgery will be July 10th! So excited and nervous. My biggest fear is that it won't work. I've dieted all my life and while I can always lose weight, I always gain it back and I think I've messed up my metabolism so bad. I can survive on nothing, so I'm scared the surgery won't help that much. I know it probably sounds irrational, but that's my biggest fear, aside from dying of course and leaving my children with my ex....

Anyone July 2nd ?? It’s getting close!

Indeed it is...muddling through Day 2 of pre-op diet.