Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still waiting for insurance approval but I'm tentatively July 15th... which seems way too close but I've been dying to have it done so I'm excited.
I totally understand, I thought it was taking forever until they gave me the date and I was like whoa!! That's around the corner!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations!!! I’m July 1st.

8 hours ago, lynnielynnie said:

I do. July 8th and I am so excited too!

I would be interested in keeping up with you, since our surgeries are the same date!

I am july 8th too. Just did my EKG, chest x-ray and labs yesterday. Today final weigh in, surgeon appt fri and nutritionalist mon. Little nervous today may be up a pound. I would love to have someone to keep up with . . especially since only my husband knows.

25 minutes ago, Midnightsun said:

I am july 8th too. Just did my EKG, chest x-ray and labs yesterday. Today final weigh in, surgeon appt fri and nutritionalist mon. Little nervous today may be up a pound. I would love to have someone to keep up with . . especially since only my husband knows.

I've only told my wife and adult kids too. I chose not to tell any friends, coworkers, or my students. Im sure they'll be full of questions when we return to school in the fall, but I'm just not comfortable telling people my story.

Good luck to us both!

2 minutes ago, alex76 said:

I've only told my wife and adult kids too. I chose not to tell any friends, coworkers, or my students. Im sure they'll be full of questions when we return to school in the fall, but I'm just not comfortable telling people my story.

Good luck to us both!

I am in the same position. My husband and kids know. My boss also knows, but she won't say anything. I teach too, so I can imagine there will be speculation...but I don't feel like it's anyone's business, unless I choose to tell them!

3 minutes ago, jennj said:

I am in the same position. My husband and kids know. My boss also knows, but she won't say anything. I teach too, so I can imagine there will be speculation...but I don't feel like it's anyone's business, unless I choose to tell them!

I didn't want to go into this with any negativity before or after surgery. This is my very personal medical history and a very personal choice. I don't care for anybody's opinions or judgments.

I will be eating less food, getting more exercise, and watching my Protein, fat, sugar, and carbs... and that is the version of the truth that they will alllll be hearing 😉

A friend of mine had it and did very well so I mentioned to a very good friend of mine about me getting it and her reaction was I don't think you need it you just have a little belly. That was about a year ago and I didn't want anyone talking me out of it. Did you want to follow each other for support?

1 minute ago, Midnightsun said:

A friend of mine had it and did very well so I mentioned to a very good friend of mine about me getting it and her reaction was I don't think you need it you just have a little belly. That was about a year ago and I didn't want anyone talking me out of it. Did you want to follow each other for support?

How do we follow? I'm new to this.

If you go to my profile i believe you can check a follow button. I am new too figuring all this out. This is an awesome site though I have learned so much.

Thats my reasoning for this too. So many medical issues. I go up and down in weight and i was down to 178 with Keto but I don't eat red meat and do not really care so much for other meats. So my weight went back up when I went off it and my dr said I did more harm than good and was just diagnosed diabetic. So that was it for me. It really isn't anyones business, you are so right.