Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So as most of you know I had me sleeve done 3-20-19. This was the best decision I made for myself. Since my surgery I have only lost 25 lbs. I have been doing everything they have asked, just can't lose it. I work out, get my Protein and Water. I'm not gaining just don't know what else to do. I'm so scary this will not work for me after I went through a year and a half working for it. The one day of the week that I don't go to the gym I feel guilty about it

At first I was thinking this is a stall but come on I'm in week 9. I just don't know what to do anymore, hoping this wasn't a waste of time.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

I'd lost about the same amount as you when I was two months out. People lose at all different rates depending on several different factors. If you're sticking to your program, the weight WILL come off, either fast or slow. I was a slow loser from the get-go, but I was very committed to my program and almost never went off during the weight loss phase. I lost all my excess weight - over 200 lbs - so you're definitely not a lost cause!

55 minutes ago, othella2 said:

So as most of you know I had me sleeve done 3-20-19. This was the best decision I made for myself. Since my surgery I have only lost 25 lbs. I have been doing everything they have asked, just can't lose it. I work out, get my Protein and Water. I'm not gaining just don't know what else to do. I'm so scary this will not work for me after I went through a year and a half working for it. The one day of the week that I don't go to the gym I feel guilty about it

At first I was thinking this is a stall but come on I'm in week 9. I just don't know what to do anymore, hoping this wasn't a waste of time.

Even though I had surgery before you2/4/19... I lost 25 lbs between my March 21st check up and yesterday.. with a few days when the scale showed a gain here and there and a few stalls... do t beat yourself up!!! You got this !!! You are doing well..

This is literally the 3rd "I haven't lost enough weight in X weeks out of surgery" and you're the 3rd one that looks like they are doing FINE. My starting weight on surgery day was 202 on Aug 6. My weight on Oct 3 was 178. At 2 months out I (only) lost 24 pounds.

You ARE losing weight. You aren't doing anything wrong or even need to change anything that you're doing except maybe limit getting on the scale to once a week and lower your expectations. Stalls are a normal part of the process. You need to be patient and trust the process.

2 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I'd lost about the same amount as you when I was two months out. People lose at all different rates depending on several different factors. If you're sticking to your program, the weight WILL come off, either fast or slow. I was a slow loser from the get-go, but I was very committed to my program and almost never went off during the weight loss phase. I lost all my excess weight - over 200 lbs - so you're definitely not a lost cause!

Thank you so much for your posts. As a newbie it feels like so many posts are I dropped 35 pounds in 4 weeks. You are an inspiration to the rest of us - the slower losers.

Edited by Aprilgal

What I really don't get is under your username it says you're a Senior Member. Which means you've spent quite some time on the forums. Have you really not run across multiple multiple posts just like this??

What I really don't get is under your username it says you're a Senior Member. Which means you've spent quite some time on the forums. Have you really not run across multiple multiple posts just like this??
I have came across post like this but as you know this is a very sensitive issue with all of us. I needed to vent about my situation and I did. It doesn't matter how many post I have read that may be going through the same thing, that does not mean I can not voice what I am feeling due to this huge change in my life.

3 hours ago, othella2 said:

Thanks everyone for the post to help with how I'm feeling. I will try to trust the process more. Just a hard week and it's only Wednesday emoji21.png.

Othello, your concern is valid. I stalled for 3 weeks at the same weight. I was so upset to get on the scale and see it hadn't changed. I cried, because it wasnt moving. I'm now losing slow, but have lost 14 more lbs since then. Dont feel afraid to say you are concerned!

Best to you!

Edited by gabybab

10 hours ago, KCgirl061 said:

I think all Senior member means is that they have 50 or more posts. But yeah, OP, don't worry about the loss speed. As long as you follow your plan, you'll lose.

I am trying not to weigh too much so I don’t stress myself out. So when I have the urge to weigh too much I weigh in the afternoon or night. That way if the number is the same or slightly up I chalk it up to what I have already ate/drank. It really does help with the mental game because when you see it down you know you have lost.