Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve surgery leak

hi everyone I need support I’m really drained and tired as I write this I’m in the hospital I’ve been in here now for two months Dr put a clip on the leak first it didn’t work then a stent it slipped down my surgery was April 11 2019 on the 23rd of April I had a 103 fever pain in shoulder anyways I’ve had two up tubes put in a double pikk line IV ive had nothing but ice chips and the TPN Intravenous feedings but lab work showed I’m still malnourished so yesterday they did a endoscopy to insert a feeding tube down threw my nose into my gut and intestines I’m a 58 year old lady who look like 40 people can’t believe that I have a child that’s 40 but I was so over weight and needed to get my body back in shape for health reasons and to tell you the truth I’m starting to wonder how all this is gonna turn out they sent me home with the TPN SAID I COULD DO IT AT HOME I live alone no help I got so sick was readmitted turned out I had gallstones so I had that removed the next day please if anyone know if this will heal on its own or give me any kids of advice or a uplift thank you for reading my message

hi everyone I need support I’m really drained and tired as I write this I’m in the hospital I’ve been in here now for two months Dr put a clip on the leak first it didn’t work then a stent it slipped down my surgery was April 11 2019 on the 23rd of April I had a 103 fever pain in shoulder anyways I’ve had two up tubes put in a double pikk line IV ive had nothing but ice chips and the TPN Intravenous feedings but lab work showed I’m still malnourished so yesterday they did a endoscopy to insert a feeding tube down threw my nose into my gut and intestines I’m a 58 year old lady who look like 40 people can’t believe that I have a child that’s 40 but I was so over weight and needed to get my body back in shape for health reasons and to tell you the truth I’m starting to wonder how all this is gonna turn out they sent me home with the TPN SAID I COULD DO IT AT HOME I live alone no help I got so sick was readmitted turned out I had gallstones so I had that removed the next day please if anyone know if this will heal on its own or give me any kids of advice or a uplift thank you for reading my message
I am sooo sorry you are struggling with these awful complications. I don't have any advice, but I'd like to pray for you. Stay strong. ((Hugs))

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Your poor thing. Such a lot to go through. Praying for your recovery and healing.

I am so sorry that you've had such terrible complications. Hoping everything turns around for you quickly.

so sorry you are going through all of this i have no advise for you as the doctors can advise you how ever i can pray and keep you in my prayers get well soon

You guys are awesome Thank you very much for all the prayers and uplifting it’ means so much to me God bless yall

the pic on the bottom was taken on April 20 I was reamitted to the hospital April 23 with a gastric leak and have had many surgeries and gallbladder taken out now tube feedings guys it taking my down through it but I refuse to give in I’m a fighter and I’m not the one thanks again

52CD01D7-BC18-4C26-90D2-F180D27C5D3C.jpeg

50A1003E-ED86-4D57-ADE9-B4492EC98EFD.jpeg

May 8th 2019 still in the hospital in Lexington at baptist health hospital I do feel better today yesterday was hard now they said they found a ulcer man what next but i did get all my staples out you it feels good to get those off you good night everyone

Yes TPN can be done at home, I had a PICC line and was on it 12 hours a day November 28th- February 26. That said, I was lucky to have my son's assistance, could I have done it all by myself? Doubtful, I am not built like Plasticwoman. I believe it saved my life by allowing my g.I. system a little healing time. Stay a fighter, and you are going to get this battle won.. You and I haven't had easy peasy journeys but we both will be victors in the end. I salute you Teebonee1, you are someone. to be honored for still not giving up or giving in!

You really touched my heart as I read your message I’m laying here in the hospital bed and all kinds of feelings rolling around in your head and your message came in just at the right time thank you so much

Hang in there, it will get better. It will take time to heal. Above all, be kind to yourself. Saying prayers for you.

Hello! I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? I have a leak and am home on TPN. Please post an update.

2 hours ago, Sharlanay said:

Hello! I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? I have a leak and am home on TPN. Please post an update.

Good afternoon, I'm dealing with alot. I had a cancer scare, Thank God it wasn't cancer. I had surgery almost 3 weeks ago to remove a tumor from my ovary as well as a full hysterectomy. I came home on TPN and I hate it!! I have now stopped it and will have my picc line removed as well as the balloon dilation done due to my stricture on the 17th. Sorry you are dealing with that, hopefully it won't be long for you. Did they provide you with a nurse to come to your home to assist with the PICC line? Also my incision didn't close/ heal so im now dealing with a wound vac to help with the healing process.. this hurt like nobody's business. All in all, I'm down to 213lbs which is a plus and I'm happy about that. Although, I can't eat or drink everything, I still try to eat as much as possible and of course no exercising for me. Im praying for your quick and complete healing and thanks for checking in on me.