Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you do with your old clothes and pictures after weight loss surgery success

What did you do with your old clothes and pictures after weight loss surgery success

I am only 6m post OP and have a long way to go. I donated most of my clothes that were to big. I will keep my pictures... I feel it is a reminder of my struggle and where I do not want to be again. Plus they are memories with my family and friends. I am taking a lot more now, allowing myself in the moment.

I have been giving away my clothes as I shrink. My pictures span decades, and it’s part of who I am. There are so many amazing memories in them, they stay.

Keep your pictures - I HATED (and still hate!) my "fat" pictures, but I'm glad I have them. It's a great reminder of where I came from.

as for clothes, I gave as many as I could to obese friends, and the rest went to Goodwill.

Why would I do anything with my old pictures? I've donated the larger clothes to a charity thrift store.

Same as everyone donate the clothes , save the pictures.. my kids are in some of those pictures... I may have not been my happiest about myself but back then my achievements laid solely on being a good mother and a loving wife, daughter and friend ... I hid the pain and self loathing from a lot of people and in those moments ( even though I hate what I looked like) I liked the inside

Donated some of my things to ARC - that's a great charity (they provide free advocate services to people with learning disabilities etc) and then I am going to ebay some of my pieces to raise some money for new clothes!

I Donate to the local high school. They have a program where they give items directly to students and their families. That way I know they go to people that need them

I either donate them locally or sell them on eBay if they are new with tags or barely worn items. I find that jeans and anything Harley Davidson sell well.

In terms of pictures, I successfully avoided the camera for the most part but there are some pictures on FB of me when I was heavy. I do not really worry about them.

And I still have the now 11 boxes of 3-4-5x and above sitting in one end of my kitchen . it is big enough I use a futon couch as a seat along the wall for my dining table. Better not have company, they're sitting on the futon. Now to seduce someone into taking me and them to Goodwill, nobody comes and picks things up for charitable centers! Frustrating for me because I'm sure there are Chubbettes like I formerly was here in On i x County that could use them, we have an ungodly Obesity rate, clear down to Toddlers and .and also preschoolers. Wish I could climb a pulpit and tell them all what Bariatrics meant to ME. But I once would not have stopped and listened, just wanted to get into IGA, Krogers or Wal-Mart, buy my stuff and get the _____ out of Dodge. I was too ashamed of my body, Me and how I THOUGHT I looked. I was emotionally pretty low and nearly without hope. Any of you relate? Yep Thought So! But time has given US progress, just wish in my ❤ all the others could find it too!

And my county's name is K*N*O*X, blasted Smartphone changes spellings, meanings and my very intention at Will. Maybe the Chinese that Donald J is mad at, they have planted an evil bug in my LG, revenge Pure revenge!

On 5/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, Summer56 said:

What did you do with your old clothes after weight loss surgery success

@Summer56

I donated ALL my large clothes to the rescue mission, I realized i forgot to keep anything for prosperity.😒

Went to Kohl's 1 year goal - directly to my familiar plus size area - stretch jeans

that i always bought. Put the 2X jeans over my size 6 pants - stared in the mirror

for awhile, almost tearing, reminding myself of past - I bought those pants as a keepsake/reminder. I look at them periodically - hanging in my closet - once in

awhile they look at me and say,"hey remember me"

i don't want to ever forget what i looked like in the past - but i am enjoying

the present and look forward to each and every day in the future! Still

cute as a button!🤣

I loved my family, et al before - but i was very unhealthy, and unhappy for various reasons

i still love my family et al - now i am healthy, happy (still working on that), and looking forward to every new day - happiness is all that it's cracked up to be

kathy

congrats to me!

I have donated 6 40 gallon trashbags of clothes to the women's shelter in my area. I have several more bags to go. I don't even think they want anymore clothes! lol!

I do kinda wish I had one pair of my Size 24 pants so I can stand in one leg of them for a photo op.

Edited by mousecat88

Donated the clothes to various places. My surgeons support group has a clothing swap every few months during meetings.

And I still have the now 11 boxes of 3-4-5x and above sitting in one end of my kitchen . it is big enough I use a futon couch as a seat along the wall for my dining table. Better not have company, they're sitting on the futon. Now to seduce someone into taking me and them to Goodwill, nobody comes and picks things up for charitable centers! Frustrating for me because I'm sure there are Chubbettes like I formerly was here in On i x County that could use them, we have an ungodly Obesity rate, clear down to Toddlers and .and also preschoolers. Wish I could climb a pulpit and tell them all what Bariatrics meant to ME. But I once would not have stopped and listened, just wanted to get into IGA, Krogers or Wal-Mart, buy my stuff and get the _____ out of Dodge. I was too ashamed of my body, Me and how I THOUGHT I looked. I was emotionally pretty low and nearly without hope. Any of you relate? Yep Thought So! But time has given US progress, just wish in my all the others could find it too!
I read some blogs where a few of the surgery centers had a closet that you could visit and get donated clothing as you lost weight. That would be great and save money as we all got smaller. I was fortunate that my daughter had the surgery a year before me and gave me a lot of her clothes.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using BariatricPal mobile app