Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Must haves for right after surgery

I have a good understanding of what I need.. I’ve got plenty of crystal light and popsicles and little plates and such.. but I feel like I’m missing some stuff. I want to be beyond prepared before I go to the hospital. I’ve seen people say they needed gas-x or Miralax.. any advice on this stuff? Some things that might not seem so obvious but you wished you had or were so thankful that you had?

Milk of magnesia is better in my opinion. It works way faster than Miralax. Get a ice pack in case you have an incision that hurts worse than the others. Protein Shakes, sugar free Jello, broth. Plenty of Water.

+1 on Miralax, if you get plugged up, you dont want to push against your incisions.

Herbal tea, I used alot of peppermint, supposed to sooth a upset stomach. also maybe flavor for your Water.

22 hours ago, shellyk018 said:

I have a good understanding of what I need.. I’ve got plenty of crystal light and popsicles and little plates and such.. but I feel like I’m missing some stuff. I want to be beyond prepared before I go to the hospital. I’ve seen people say they needed gas-x or Miralax.. any advice on this stuff? Some things that might not seem so obvious but you wished you had or were so thankful that you had?

Lip balm is a must

good luck

was only an overnight stay for me so honestly the only thing i cared about was a super comfy place to rest. nothing else seemed to matter to me lol.

Hi. My sleeve was Friday. I'm home now and very nervous about getting in enough Water and Protein,

My new stomach feels weird.

Anyone else feeling that way?

I didn't have any trouble with BM's, so I didn't need any Miralax or anything. I was grateful for sugar free popsicles, Gatorade Zero, Crystal Light, Diet Snapple Peach Iced Tea, and sugar-free pudding.

My surgery is tomorrow

I have broth, sugar free Jello and popsicles, Protein Water and sugar free flavoring for tap water. I do have miralax.

Be faithful to your Miralax, I am on a twice daily game plan, if I deviate I end up in the ER, had to have a Milk/Molasses Enema to dislodge things in early May. Repeat trip yesterday, not as bad but now I have ileitis, querying whether it could be a precursor to IBS? But if so it is probably the IBS-C,variety, but it is still all good. Not my RNY surgery's fault as much as being 73. You do develop. marring, scarring and poor transmission in the Old Chassis. But even if I have to strip off all my chrome, I am a Spiffy- Mobile and I shall make it to the Finish Line too.🚘🚗🚘