Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Zucchini Ricotta Cheese bake

8 oz of Ricotta cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan

1 large Egg, beaten

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

salt & pepper to taste

1/2 cup Marinara Sauce

1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

3 Zucchini sliced long ways

put a layer of the zucchini down Layer the cheeses, sauce and zucchini like making a lasagna. Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 375 for about 35 minutes . I have a foodi also and have made it in that. Very good stuff.

Sounds really good!

I made this Sunday with Eggplant, turned out beautiful. Used low-fat ricotta, no sugar added marinara, low fat Mozzarella cheese on top, but it baked up just as pretty as the high-fat version. Don't have a Foodi, is it Air Fryer and Instant pot all worth my investments? Do have a Nutribullet, ❤making healthy- type smoothies, also use it to fluff up my powder Protein Drinks or blend my Protein powders into things for enrichment. Made my own cream of cauliflower Soup yesterday, enough for 2-3 days if I portion it correctly. Green Giant has riced good-for you veggies, have used caulufliwer, broccolli, and last week used a variety called Cauliflower medley. As long as Precious Pouch refuses to let merely chewed food through, I might as well have a little flavor in life. Does the cabbage family make me more gassy? IDK but I figure a little gas also means my lower g.I. system has not gone on hiatus. Having had a Milk and Molasses enema just last Friday at. local hospital, because I WAS NOT emptying out, not a totally awful experience but sure inspired me to NOT miss a dose of Miralax again! Always. want to sneak more veggies like Baby spinach and kale into my smoothies as long as Precious can't readily taste it. Figure I might. need additional plant fibers, the additional Vitamins Can't Hoit!

24 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

I made this Sunday with Eggplant, turned out beautiful. Used low-fat ricotta, no sugar added marinara, low fat Mozzarella cheese on top, but it baked up just as pretty as the high-fat version. Don't have a Foodi, is it Air Fryer and Instant pot all worth my investments? Do have a Nutribullet, ❤making healthy- type smoothies, also use it to fluff up my powder Protein Drinks or blend my Protein powders into things for enrichment. Made my own cream of cauliflower Soup yesterday, enough for 2-3 days if I portion it correctly. Green Giant has riced good-for you veggies, have used caulufliwer, broccolli, and last week used a variety called Cauliflower medley. As long as Precious Pouch refuses to let merely chewed food through, I might as well have a little flavor in life. Does the cabbage family make me more gassy? IDK but I figure a little gas also means my lower g.I. system has not gone on hiatus. Having had a Milk and Molasses enema just last Friday at. local hospital, because I WAS NOT emptying out, not a totally awful experience but sure inspired me to NOT miss a dose of Miralax again! Always. want to sneak more veggies like Baby spinach and kale into my smoothies as long as Precious can't readily taste it. Figure I might. need additional plant fibers, the additional Vitamins Can't Hoit!

@Frustr8, will you please consider creating your own thread where you can share your journey? You can then update that thread with your progress, and anything else you wish to share. It will help keep threads such as this one, on topic and relevant to the OP.

This sounds good! I'd probably throw some lean ground turkey in to up the Protein content and appease my carnivorous family!

7 minutes ago, KCgirl061 said:

This sounds good! I'd probably throw some lean ground turkey in to up the Protein content and appease my carnivorous family!

I made it with hot Italian turkey sausage, added both flavor and protein!

10 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I made it with hot Italian turkey sausage, added both flavor and protein!

oooOOhhh! I'll have to look for that! What Brand?

1 minute ago, KCgirl061 said:

oooOOhhh! I'll have to look for that! What Brand?

Jennie-O is the most common brand in my area. I generally buy whatever brand the store has, and/or has on sale, and it's all been tasty!

download.jpg.74f75c095cad63f43ab3af51f26fc37c.jpg

I got this recipe from Baritastic and made it on Saturday without the zucchini and it was delicious. I had my last piece today. I will be trying it with zucchini and eggplants.

Thanks for sharing.

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

*Ahem*

Someone's been holding back on us... 😂

Send pics to the food before and after thread...

we're hungryyyyyyyyyyy

I didn't say I've made it recently 😂

This thread is actually a good reminder, the bf is making a half hearted effort to de-carbify his diet. The next meal I cook for him I'll make a version of this, basically a lasagna with zucchini replacing the noodles, and extra veggies added.

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Whaaaaaa

Is EVERYONE cooking and not posting pics

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I've definitely not been posting pics. Of course I'll do anything to get out of cooking dinner most days.