Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

• I had my VSG on April 16, 2019. I weighed in at 198lbs the morning of my surgery day. 3 days liquid diet pre-op. Until April 26/27, I went down to 187lbs. Which made me very happy. Then after that, I had a weight loss stall until about 2 days ago when I decided to step back up onto the scale and I was 185lbs. I’m still happy because the way I see it, it’s better to lose 1 lb a week rather than gain. I’m also eating very healthy. No carbs, no sugar, a lot of Protein. The only sugar intake I have is natural from fruits and vegetables.

• Did you go through a weight loss stall? How long did it last? What did you do to stay positive? Is there anything we can do to prevent it?

Stalls are normal parts of the weight loss process and we can't prevent them.

If you use the search tool you will see is a very popular subject! Endless threads are created about it and there are countless tips recorded by hundreds of posters. It a great resource!

💜 Congratulations on your safe surgery 💜

This early out I wouldn't even call it a stall. Your body is still recovering from surgery. Just be patient, its a process.

4 minutes ago, KCgirl061 said:

This early out I wouldn't even call it a stall. Your body is still recovering from surgery. Just be patient, its a process.

Definitely! Plus with your BMI being on the lower side to begin with, you aren't going to drop the huge amounts initially that some do (it was the same with me).

4 hours ago, RoseKay91 said:

• I had my VSG on April 16, 2019. I weighed in at 198lbs the morning of my surgery day. 3 days liquid diet pre-op. Until April 26/27, I went down to 187lbs. Which made me very happy. Then after that, I had a weight loss stall until about 2 days ago when I decided to step back up onto the scale and I was 185lbs. I’m still happy because the way I see it, it’s better to lose 1 lb a week rather than gain. I’m also eating very healthy. No carbs, no sugar, a lot of Protein. The only sugar intake I have is natural from fruits and vegetables.

• Did you go through a weight loss stall? How long did it last? What did you do to stay positive? Is there anything we can do to prevent it?

BTW - I had my first stall at 12 days post surgery - and it lasted a week and a half! Try not to freak out!

My surgery date was April 9, 2019 and I am going through the same thing. I became fearful that if I am not losing and I am on mushy food what happen when I eat regular food. However, I am staying positive. I really wish I could find a support group in Southern Maryland. Also, I am losing about 1lb. every 1 1/2 weeks and that cool with me.

@Boldilocks - Thanks for sharing! I’m not freaking out too much. It’s more of the waiting game and being impatient at this point lol.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:54 AM, Boldilocks said:

BTW - I had my first stall at 12 days post surgery - and it lasted a week and a half! Try not to freak out!

This is exactly what happened to me. I expected it, and my logical brain was okay with it, the rest of me was freaked out that I’d be the one person that has surgery, follows the plan and doesn’t lose.

Its tough not to stress about it. I’ve found that having fitness/exercise goals also can help give you something to “win” at even when the scale is being uncooperative.

I'm 11 days PO and I haven't lost anything in 4 days. I *know* that it's silly to be concerned, that my body is healing, and that the scale will start moving again soon. It's still frustrating tho.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s frustrating, no doubt. It WILL pass, though.

It may be because of your low BMI, but trust the process! You got this girl

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app