Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband works for UPS and we have TeamCare/BCBS Illinois insurance. Just wondering if anyone else has had to go through the approval process with them. How long did it take? Was it difficult, etc.

I have BCBS of IL with my school district as a high school teacher. There was no insurance requirement to wait any set number of months. However, my program requires 3 months of visits with surgeon, nutritionist, other dr releases, and medical exams.

I started this process in Feburary with the bariatric seminar and have my final appointment on June 2. I have been scheduled for surgery either June 26 or July 2, depending on insurance approval.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have BCBSIL and I actually didnt have any additional requirements besides what my program required. I started March 9th with the seminar, met the surgeon, nutritionist, dietitian, psychologist, had an upper GI. My insurance was submitted April26th and approved about a week later (took the docs office 2 weeks to tell me about it [emoji36]). Got my date of June 4th. Mind you I still have to get cleared by my PCP (tomorrow), meet the surgeon again (May22) and get bloodwork and an EKG.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank y’all! My insurance received all the paperwork on the 10th of this month and I still haven’t heard anything. Fingers crossed.

Thank y’all! My insurance received all the paperwork on the 10th of this month and I still haven’t heard anything. Fingers crossed.
Have you heard anything back yet? Keep us posted.

My documents were submitted for approval on June 4. Dr gave me tentative surgery date of July 3. I hope to hear back soon.

I’m in the same boat ! Submitted June 5th hoping to hear back soon !

Same boat but with UHC CHOICE PLUS

I have BCBS IL. We submitted docs on June 4 and insurance called just now to tell me that I was APPROVED!!! I started to cry with the ins rep LOL

My rny is set for July 3. Post-OP class is June 18, so we were cutting it pretty close!

We are scheduled July 9th we got approval yesterday and were hoping to move our date closer but it doesn’t look like there are any dates open with two spots available. So we will have to wait

We are scheduled July 9th we got approval yesterday and were hoping to move our date closer but it doesn’t look like there are any dates open with two spots available. So we will have to wait
July 9 is right around the corner! Our date will be here before we know it [emoji5] Good luck to us both!

My husband works for UPS and we have TeamCare/BCBS Illinois insurance. Just wondering if anyone else has had to go through the approval process with them. How long did it take? Was it difficult, etc.
Yes. But my Dr made sure insurance was all taken care of before we started things. Prayers to you

Sent from my Z982 using BariatricPal mobile app

Got our approval Thursday! Ended up taking 8 days with UHC Choice Plus

On 6/14/2019 at 6:25 PM, alex76 said:

I have BCBS IL. We submitted docs on June 4 and insurance called just now to tell me that I was APPROVED!!! I started to cry with the ins rep LOL

My insurance company (Cigna) called me as well and said, "Congratulations, your weight loss surgery is approved!" I was like ... wait, what! I was not finish doing all my test before submit to y'all and they were like no problem! You are still approve. I was kind of surprise that my surgeon team submit it without telling me. Kind of took the fear out of me and the anxiety!