Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

menstrual cycle after gastric sleeve

I feel so hungry a week may be more before my period time and I feel like I can eat anything and any portion actually I do this I ate 3 toast and 200 gr of cheese and then in dinner

I ate chicken fajita with white rice and two large bars of chocolate. I am craving sweets the whole time Is that normal or something wrong going on ?

That seems normal to me. I was always this way before surgery, a day or two before my period I would be ravenous and nothing would satiate me. I can't speak to after surgery, though I did have my first cycle a week after I got sleeved. It was a totally different experience, but I am still healing, so it's wait and see what happens in the next few cycles.

The surgery and subsequent weight loss make your hormones go completely out of whack, or at least in my case. I'm 33 and I've always had regular periods with minor cravings. Post op, I got my period 1 month, missed it the second month, got it super irregular the 3rd month and literally felt like I wanted to eat everything in the house. I couldn't stop grazing for the life of me. But luckily the crazy cravings only lasted a day or two

The surgery and subsequent weight loss make your hormones go completely out of whack, or at least in my case. I'm 33 and I've always had regular periods with minor cravings. Post op, I got my period 1 month, missed it the second month, got it super irregular the 3rd month and literally felt like I wanted to eat everything in the house. I couldn't stop grazing for the life of me. But luckily the crazy cravings only lasted a day or two
Are you on birth control? I had to stop my birth control a month before and after surgery. I'm really hoping my cycle goes back to normal. I'm able to start my pill again tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, LC12 said:

I was the same like you before surgery but it's going all crazy hope it gets better

20 hours ago, Vivian1023 said:

Are you on birth control? I had to stop my birth control a month before and after surgery. I'm really hoping my cycle goes back to normal. I'm able to start my pill again tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm not on birth control so I don't know how much a difference it makes. I think though that it gets better with time when your body adjusts to its "new normal"

20 hours ago, marmarbolbol said:

I was the same like you before surgery but it's going all crazy hope it gets better

I read so many stories about how women who hadn't been getting their periods pre-op started getting them again after VSG -- I feel like I'm the opposite! I was always regular until surgery. I think it gets better though, and I'm just relieved that my period came back, even if irregular, because I had never missed one before so it was a bit disconcerting. Good luck everyone!