Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I AM OVERWEIGHT!

As of this morning I am no longer obese, just overweight. I have 29 pounds to my goal weight, and only 14 pounds to the doctor's goal weight. My 7 month anniversary was yesterday.

Just as important- MY 6 MONTH STALL BROKE. I stayed the course and did what I was supposed to do, even when I got zero results for over 2 weeks. But my body did what IT was supposed to do and got its crap together and the losses seem to have picked up again.

I'm amazed at the success of this tool and proud of myself for my VERY hard work, in spite of my imperfections. I genuinely can't believe I'm in this position. I even signed up for a fitness evaluation at work, and based on those results, someone in our wellness department is designing a workout plan specifically for me to work on the muscle groups I have concerns with.

I am happy.

Congratulations!!! I can feel your excitement as I read your post, and it made me smile! SUCCESS!!! I love it!!! 💕

I'm so happy for you! Way to go! I've got 15 more pounds because I get out of "obese" and into "overweight"

Congratulations!

Congrats! that's amazing! Keep up all the great success.

11 hours ago, KT1981 said:

As of this morning I am no longer obese, just overweight. I have 29 pounds to my goal weight, and only 14 pounds to the doctor's goal weight. My 7 month anniversary was yesterday.

Just as important- MY 6 MONTH STALL BROKE. I stayed the course and did what I was supposed to do, even when I got zero results for over 2 weeks. But my body did what IT was supposed to do and got its crap together and the losses seem to have picked up again.

I'm amazed at the success of this tool and proud of myself for my VERY hard work, in spite of my imperfections. I genuinely can't believe I'm in this position. I even signed up for a fitness evaluation at work, and based on those results, someone in our wellness department is designing a workout plan specifically for me to work on the muscle groups I have concerns with.

I am happy.

How did you break your stall? Or did it just happen? I am stalled right now. Very frustrating. Congratulations on your success!

Edited by AtlantaGirl

Way to go!!!

congratulations!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, AtlantaGirl said:

How did you break your stall? Or did it just happen? I am stalled right now. Very frustrating. Congratulations on your success!

I kept on my plan. After about 10 days of stall, I deliberately changed my intake for 4 straight days. I ate extra calories (up to 1100, when I normally eat 600 to 800) and carbs (purposely ate over 60 grams when I am normally well below 50 grams) because I'd heard lots of folks did something similar to break their stalls. It did not work for me. After those 4 days I went back to my regular diet and a couple days later the loss picked up again. My body simply needed that time to readjust. I knew that was the case, but I was scared that I was "different" and I was suddenly done losing.

Long story short, stick to your plan and give your body a good few weeks to adjust to the massive changes! You will begin losing again in time!

Well I am now merely Obese instead of Morbidly so, and I feel it is a definite step in the right direction. BMI barely 34 after starting 51 or 52, Yippee Yahoo for littler ME! Can overweight be very far behind?

7 hours ago, KT1981 said:

I kept on my plan. After about 10 days of stall, I deliberately changed my intake for 4 straight days. I ate extra calories (up to 1100, when I normally eat 600 to 800) and carbs (purposely ate over 60 grams when I am normally well below 50 grams) because I'd heard lots of folks did something similar to break their stalls. It did not work for me. After those 4 days I went back to my regular diet and a couple days later the loss picked up again. My body simply needed that time to readjust. I knew that was the case, but I was scared that I was "different" and I was suddenly done losing.

Long story short, stick to your plan and give your body a good few weeks to adjust to the massive changes! You will begin losing again in time!

Thanks! That is encouraging. Congrats again on your achievement. I am switching up my exercise to see if that will help. I think it is just one of those things that will fix itself. It is just frustrating. Thanks for responding! Wish you continued success!

On 5/18/2019 at 5:57 AM, KT1981 said:

I am happy.

congrats to you and your success and a bright future cheers!!