Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did! First thing I did when I was cleared to puree I went to eat Indian food. They only thing to keep in mind is that you can't drink while you eat so you may need to keep the spice level down to where you can tolerate it without Water.

I did. It's all about what your body will tolerate.

I can not even handle Medium Salsa. Everyone is different. You just have to listen to your body.

I started craving spicy food a few months after surgery, it’s weird my tolerance has gone way up.

32 minutes ago, Blackangel21 said:

So how was your tolerance before the surgery? And what was your first spicy meal?

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I could tolerate slightly higher than mild prior, maybe a hint of jalapeño and a few red pepper flakes. I can handle much more now and find myself increasing spice when I cook Mexican, Thai or curry. If I were to assign a number on a 1-10 scale; I’d say I was a 3.5 before and now a 6.5.

I don’t recall my first spicy meal, but if I had to guess it would have been lean ground beef (97%) lettuce taco wraps.

my theory is since I eat so little, I want what I’m eating to have a lot of flavor.

edited to add, my new favorite spicy thing are baked ground chicken meatballs made with sambal.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Made Eggplant Parm tonight, yeah the Good Kind, by the time it was done Tomkitten had fallen asleep, my pouch hasn't felt well since last Wednesday, tried to call my Bariatric Clinic , I had been vomiting repeatedly, only to be told I needed Mental Health consulting,still cannot understand why she was taking such a cruel attitude, made me feel like I had gone wacky-woo or something. Seeing my primary care tomorrow afternoon, maybe I need to see our new local gastroenterologist if. those nurses have such a poor opinion of me. I am not making things up and I sure am not making myself vomit for attention. Truthfully I am Tired of not keeping things down. So the whole casserole is going into the fridge now that it is well cooled down. Maybe tomorrow he will eat some.

YMMV, but I had no issue with spicy foods. One of my first pureed meals was refried Beans with cheese and hot sauce.