Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for surgery on June 3rd, and I am wondering how long it took everyone to return to work?

I have a desk job, and am seriously hoping to return after one week, ir not sooner. Is this possible?

Thanks!

I went back to work after 1 week.. but I shouldn't have . At the end of the first week pain was unbearable and I ended up with complications. so, I've been off for another 3 weeks, in and out of the hospital.

I'm sure everything will go awesome for you, so a week seems reasonable :)

4 minutes ago, Tryingtostaypositive said:

I went back to work after 1 week.. but I shouldn't have . At the end of the first week pain was unbearable and I ended up with complications. so, I've been off for another 3 weeks, in and out of the hospital.

I'm sure everything will go awesome for you, so a week seems reasonable :)

Thanks -- I'm getting anxiety attacks already :( But still so excited!

6 minutes ago, TracyS said:

2 weeks is standard. First week is very sore core muscles with 4th day severe Constipation. 2nd week spent on learning to eat with new stomach and new diet. Lots of organization between meals, Water, Vitamins and supplements. Juggling act.

Thanks for your honesty! I am trying to get ahead of things beforehand (as much as I can anyway) :)

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. I know your are excited.

Everyone is different and it depends on your energy level after the surgery. I returned exactly one week no problem. I work in an office with lots of freedom to get up and eat as often as I need to. If you return within a week make sure you have the freedom to get up and walk and enough time to sip your Water and drink your Protein.

Wishing you the best of luck!

I physically returned to work after two weeks. The first week after surgery I basically slept, took Vitamins and drank Protein Shakes. The second week I worked from home. The third week I was back in the office but I was still pretty tired at the end of the day.

I'm having surgery the same day. My surgeon said anywhere from 1-4 weeks but most people take 2-3 weeks.

8 hours ago, Ohcinders said:

how long it took everyone to return to work?

@Ohcinders

I returned to "work" the second i came home. i am happily retired!😉

good luck with WLS

speedy recovery

kathy

I was home for the summer with my kids, but I’d say I napped everyday for the first 2 weeks 🤣

I got bypass and was recommended 4 weeks off from my doctor. I got permission for three because of my desk job.

My op was on Wednesday April 3rd I went back on Monday 8th April

desk job

and I was fine , but see how you are

we all recover differently

i was lucky I had very little pain and a good pain threshold.

Stick to the pre op diet so that your livers shrinks down as much as possible to make the surgery easier for your surgeon

don’t rush back if you dont need to

look after yourself,, good luck