Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a somewhat TMI question. I can’t find anything on Google about it so I figured I’d ask if anyone else has had this problem. I’ve had bladder and urinary tract pain for the last six months and I’m wondering if it’s related to the RNY or the loose skin I have from weight loss. I am a year and a half out from surgery so it’s not related to the catheter. I’m thinking it’s a loose skin issue. The majority of my loose skin is in my stomach, lower pelvis area, and upper inner thighs. Has anyone else had this problem?

Well the only correlation I can see is the skin tone has relaxed so it's all floppy and blobby and maybe your bladder muscles have also lost tone. As the King in the "King and I" said " Is A Puzzlement".

This seems odd to me. Even with loose skin in those areas your labia should be protecting your urethra from excess bacteria accumulating. It might be time to see a urologist if you haven't already.

I had a panilectomy to remove the extra skin. It was covered by the insurance cause I was getting rashes and lots of UTI’s and yeast infections. It seems weird because of where the extra skin is located but when they pull skin up and pull skin down and cut off the extra skin , it seemed to reduce the amount of UTi and yeast infections

I feel like that’s what’s causing it. Most of my loose skin is in my lower abdomen and inner thighs. What kind of procedure was it? How painful? I’m scared of plastics, I don’t know if I can handle the drains.

Have them test you for ecoli. I have a friend with recurring UTI and bladder and they discovered ecoli was causing it. They haven't figured out how she got ecoli.

The standard answer Medical personnel will give you is " FECAL SOILING" Now every little girl by the time she reaches Kindergarden age has been taught what direction to wipe and all your good sense and training does not leave you when you reach adulthood. xxx's

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• allwet

Breathe baby breathe
      Where does it go?
      Some of the water produced as the body consumes fat exits in the usual way, through your urine and sweat. But a 2014 study in the British Medical Journal found that most of the byproducts of fat (including all that carbon dioxide) leaves the body through the respiratory system.
      Yep, you read that right. You breathe out the byproducts of most of the fat that you burn, the CO2 from that process mingling with the CO2 produced by your lungs as they process oxygen. It's something to think about while you hit the gym or walk on a track: getting rid of fat can be exhausting, but it's as natural as breathing.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • JamesL73

5 days post-op revision from VSG to MGB. Back home, feeling great. No more gas pain. Only minor discomfort in the abdominals, rather like after having done a bunch of sit-ups. Definitely don't feel like eating anything. Don't even have the boredom hunger like I had before. Fluids are going down ok though so that's good. Going back to work tomorrow. Wish me luck.
      · 2 replies
      1. FluffyChix

Yay congrats!

2. GreenTealael

💜 Get Well Soon 💜

• MandyK

I'm considering the gastric sleeve; however I have crohn's disease. I'm wondering if anyone with crohn's has had the surgery and can share their thoughts with me.
      · 0 replies
    • freetobeme

Behavioral modification is the key... I went to my first session of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and it was incredible! We talked about the purpose behind certain unwanted behaviors as all behavior is developed to serve a purpose, being ready, willing and able, thought mapping (finding the origin/pattern of thought that ultimately contributes to certain unwanted behaviors), and replacing one behavior with another that's as equally rewarding, if not more.
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

Awesome job! Love CBT!!!! Keep us updated. You should come post in the General Forum in the "Importance Of Doing The Head Work" thread!!!

• Enidmagali

Hi, I’m scheduled for surgery on June, 24. I’m so excited, but nervous at the same time. 
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs