Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it normal at 10 mos out to be able to eat more?

I’ve noticed recently that I am able to eat more than I was before. I had one occasion where I ate too much and got sick in the past but other than that I have eaten small, below the size portions that I should (bc I stop as soon as I feel anything).
Is this normal? I have had a huge fear since surgery of screwing this up. I know I haven’t overeaten over and over to screw it up but how is it I’m able to eat more?
I am still losing. Slowly but surely. Goal Dr set was 145. My goal is 135.
Started st 231
Pre op-221
Current weight-143
I am very happy with the weight loss. I just want it to stay off.

I guess we have to remember to stick to 1/2 cup of food whether or not our stomachs tell us to stop

True... I need to start measuring it out.

So meat and veg together keep to a 1/2 cup? Just want clarification

So glad things are still doing good for you. I am still having difficulties at 9 months with my RNY, still have 25+ to make it to my personal goal, Nurse Practioner at my Bariatric Clinic stated she would be satisfied with. anything below 200, but I would still like more. Can I do it? Just not sure, Tuesday I was having a Rocky day, called them to check what I needed to do next, they did not believe I was physically ill, told me To book with a mental health professional. I was vomiting, when they called me back I was dry-heaving but that is the response I got. Very bewildering, not sure my next step? Do I Foget about them , book with a local gastroenterologist, see if he can help me? I do not believe I am going wacky-woo,I am doing better today, Maybe I had some sort of temporary bug? Their attitude wounded me greatly! I am not scheduled to see someone in the clinic office before August 14th, N.P. I normally see he's vacation coming up. Unless things change with me, I will have another endoscopy June to Early July, I do feel abandoned at this point, I did trust these people and doubtful if I do anymore. If I sound depressed or something to them, I am sorry , but this has been such a LONG siege and I doubt mental health is the final answer for me.

You called telling them you were feeling sick and they told you to see a mental health professional? That would have made me feel bad as well. Maybe you just had a big bc you’re feeling better now right?

I’m sorry they were like that to you.

Me too, I find it very bewildering!

yes - it's normal to have the capacity to eat more the farther out you go. That's when you have to really put to use everything you learned during the honeymoon phase - weighing, measuring, only eating what you've measured out, Protein first, etc. These things are way easier to do when you have little - or no - hunger - and less stomach capacity. Things do get harder...

But it is still So Worth it, Right? The longer things last the more Human Nature says " Chuck it All! I am so tired of doing this! Maybe a little cheat won't matter in the long run!" Do you agree our motto must still be Eternal Vigilance? Just don't get complacent, this may be a life-long thing. Like other addicts, and we were once food Addicts, we can't let our guard down.

Yeah I'm 9 months out and experiencing that too. I have to pay a lot more attention to my portion sizes and my full signals. I can graze like nobody's business.

So do y’all measure 1/2 cup veg and protien combined?

5 hours ago, Kris77 said:

I’ve noticed recently that I am able to eat more than I was before.

[...]
Is this normal?

Absolutely. It's normal to be able to eat more. Your treatment team should have told you this.

5 hours ago, Kris77 said:

So meat and veg together keep to a 1/2 cup? Just want clarification

My nutrition class says 1 cup 3x a day for sleeves. I prefer to eat 1/2 cup 3x a day to keep a lower bs, but once my diabetes is in remission I will go to 1 cup 3x a day.

I have to admit I haven’t went to my NUT but two times since surgery.