Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mother's day jerk

seeing my gma for the first time since I had surgery. she legit said I "used to be her granddaughter then stopped for a few years (while I was fat) and decided to be her granddaughter again"...... and yes, she did mean it like that. she always talked **** about my weight behind my back since I had gained. she's become anorexic in her old age, as well, so she has her own problems. we have never gotten along.

well jokes on her because it was a buffet and i ate a bit too much and puked in the bathroom, cutting the visit short. #bariatricweaponization

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Geez, I am sorry you had to endure that!

Guess it is yet another thing that WLS can't fix- other people's ignorance and cruelty about weight. At least you don't have to live HER life. Must not be much fun to be that hardened toward others.

I'd take fat over mean any day myself! :)

And LOL on the weaponization... 😁

It's messed up because when I was skinny before, my gma and dad would tell me I was fat... and now that I am losing weight, although I'm still 50lbs heavier than I was when they said I was fat, they now say I look good. like wtmf!

I can't even imagine what my grandmother were say. When I was in middle school, I was at a healthy weight, then lost 20# because my mother pressured me. My mother said something to my grandmother about how good I looked, and grandma just looked at me and said "I don't know why she let herself get that fat in the first place." And I wasn't fat (although neither my mother nor my grandmother could admit that - let's just say they have problems). People can be dicks.

That's terrible! I'm sorry she did that to you!

I just dont understand people and how hateful they can be.

Know you are better than that!

3 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

used to be her granddaughter then stopped for a few years (while I was fat) and decided to be her granddaughter again"

@mousecat88

today is mothers' day. - i have been heavy/fat since i was a teenager. mom always reminded me of that. Being heavy was the frequent conversation by mom - my big time memory i do have some good memories of mom - unfortunately more bad than good😧

i'm sorry the way your grandma treated you🙁 She(or anyone) has any right to act that way.

my mom was always my worst critic concerning my weight. once, she went with me when i was trying to buy a nice pair of pants. She YELLED in the middle of Kohl's to a saleslady - "were do you have clothes for heavy people"? I wanted to die or worse!!

its been 7 years since i have been in maintenance - looking good - cute as a button!! 🤣 she made a FEW nice comments about my appearance/weight loss. Never again. its too bad she didn't make as many nice comments, as bad comments. (i do know compliments tend to go away after a while, buttt not supposed to be from mom!!)

Mom died in March

kathy

Well you are and we're a survivor. No matter what you endured, you are a Strong Wonderful person and I count myself lucky to have met you! Happy Mother's Day, Happy Proud Grammy Day, like the old Timex commercials You have taken a licking and kept on Ticking! You mourn your relationship with Mama, well I mourn the Man the Late Lamented turned into in his later years. I wish he could be proud of and for me, but I suspect he might still come up with something snide and hurtful. Butt I'm shaking off the bad memories and I will still be the Frustr8 I am convinced I can be. What will my finish be? No matter what, I am so much stronger and better than ever before in my life! I just wish somebody I loved was here to share it with me. All my aunt's and uncles are gone, I have 2 uncle's widows left, not real close to one. This woman showed up at my Son's Calling Hours, stated " I suppose I should tell you I'm sorry your son died," My answer? "Not if you don't really mean it, if not please leave now!" I had enough class to not break down crying in front of people, but why would she say such a thing? I would never say such a vile thing about the Hulses, her people. And if and when she dies, I undoubtedly will attend no calling hours, wakes or burials of her. I am a little too proud to humble myself in that way.

I can't even imagine what my grandmother were say. When I was in middle school, I was at a healthy weight, then lost 20# because my mother pressured me. My mother said something to my grandmother about how good I looked, and grandma just looked at me and said "I don't know why she let herself get that fat in the first place." And I wasn't fat (although neither my mother nor my grandmother could admit that - let's just say they have problems). People can be dicks.
Similar situation with me. Began in middle school with my father saying I was fat when I wasn't. Continued for years and then stopped when I actually became overweight... something that happened because of body image issues directly from the comments he made when I was a child. People don't understand the effect their words truly have on kids. Anyways, screw em.