Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m considering and am grateful to all of you sharing your experiences. I went to a seminar 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I got a call saying my insurance will cover the surgery and I booked my first appointment. I’m thinking I’ll get a gastric bypass recommendation even with my 37 BMI because I have had GERD even before I was heavy and I am Type 2, asthmatic, and have sleep apnea and slightly high BP. However, I am in my sixties and have had 2 GYN surgeries and gallbladder back when they flayed you open like a fish so maybe I won’t even be a candidate. What do they do about medications after surgery? I am on 2 diabetes medicines (non-insulin) and my blood sugar drops if I go past meal times without eating.

Hi. I just had RNY gastric bypass 6 weeks ago. Was type 2 diabetic prior to the surgery, but they took me off my 2 diabetes meds immediately and my sugars have been in the 80s and 90s. In the first werk, they went down to 60, but that was improved by having more Protein Shakes. I also had GERD, which is why I chose the bypass. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck with your WLS journey.

Many of them you are able to cut back or drop. As you lose weight your body will need them less and less. FYI you are not Too Old! I am 73, 8 and a half months out, had some weird things happen to me along my journey but never would. I go back to slowly dying with obesity and all the sorrow it entailed for me. I have now lost 150 pounds from my highest weight, 104 pounds since my RNY last September 5th, just about ready to go into an 18 from my 28-30W, seeing Onederland just AHEAD, will be so much happier under 200 pounds. I am now less weight than I was when I delivered my Tomkitten, my youngest and he will be 40 on June 12th. Not over-happy I now weigh 40-50 pounds less than him, bad for my Baby's ego, started making noises about Bariatric Surgery for himself. Told him I would be happy to introduce him to my Dr Bradley J Needleman at OSU, but after that the decision will be between the 2 of them. I will support him in whichever the directions end up!