Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I arrived at 5am,had my surgery at 7am, my Wonder Wednesday was now close to 9 months ago, it ranks up there as a foever special date, along with my wedding and my 3 children's birth. That was my Surgiversity, and like the Phoenix Bird , our of the ashes I was remodeled, realigned and reborn! And may yours remain so special to you!

Hi Frustr8 congrats on your surgery success. My day is today May 20th. I’m excited. I haven’t been on because I was trying to get everything prepared so when I come home and l’ll just concentrate on my new beginning. Thank you for all of your help.

Thank you to everyone that gave me advice. My sister is coming to stay with me as long as I need her. I’m going to get some rest now. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am.

I had surgery with a hiatal hernia repair on Wednesday 5/15/19. I am required to follow a Clear Liquids diet with 70g Protein and 64 oz of Fluid for 7 days. I am having a problem swallowing chewable vitamins. They taste so bad, and are so hard to get down!!!

3 more days for me! I am having VSG on May 23 and the liquid diet is no fun at all. I am hoping my hunger subsides after I wake up from surgery. I am very nervous and excited. I have lost 6 lbs from the liquid diet. My weight today is 267 lbs and I am 5'7''. How much did people lose in the first month????

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 more days for me! I am having VSG on May 23 and the liquid diet is no fun at all. I am hoping my hunger subsides after I wake up from surgery. I am very nervous and excited. I have lost 6 lbs from the liquid diet. My weight today is 267 lbs and I am 5'7''. How much did people lose in the first month????

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have lost 14lbs. I am 2 weeks post op.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 05/20/2019 at 09:28, daisy7914 said:

I have lost 14lbs. I am 2 weeks post op.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I went from 313 to 287 between 5/9/19 (surgery date) and 5/15/19. In the second week I have only lost 2 pounds, but my pants are loose. I did some Googling and it seems that the weight loss can be sporadic at times.

Hi All! Had my surgery on Tuesday, home alone today. Felt really dizzy, doc told me to have some chamomile tea with a tsp of sugar. Almost instantly am feeling better. A little sore but doing well. chicken broth has been the highlight of my post surgery life so far! ;)

16 minutes ago, amanda323 said:

I just had surgery on May 21. Not doing horrible but these gas pain are no joke. 😫😫

Gas ex gel tabs work wonders...

Things here are moving along, both literally and figuratively. It took almost a week to have a bowel movement, but things are much happier in that regard now. Eating is going well, no aversions or rejected food so far. Very close to getting my Water target, but still missing my Protein target by a lot. Still getting tired really easily, and figuring out how and when to take my meds and Vitamins is like choreographing a major invasion. But overall, I'm happier than I expected to be a week after surgery. Looking forward to getting out of the house for a bit on the weekend.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

I am having VSG on June 3rd, and I have read all these May 2019 posts, and you ladies are rockstars!! So inspirational, and informative, about what I need to expect in just a few days now...

Best wishes to you all!! :)

33 minutes ago, Ohcinders said:

I am having VSG on June 3rd, and I have read all these May 2019 posts, and you ladies are rockstars!! So inspirational, and informative, about what I need to expect in just a few days now...

Best wishes to you all!! :)

What about the guys lol... good luck and you got this.

You guys rock too!! My husband would NEVER consider doing this, so I personally think you are a badass ;)